Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Terminal Phoenix - The Road So Far And The Road Ahead

This is a discussion on Terminal Phoenix - The Road So Far And The Road Ahead within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by Denaratuck Wow that didn't take long. I haven't seen much on the game but the little I ...

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Wow that didn't take long. I haven't seen much on the game but the little I have it looked very good. Now after reading your short review on it I might have to pick it up eventually.
    Thanks Denataruck. I've added a slightly longer review of SOM. It got me into a LOTR mood so I'll finally attempt the LOTR Lego game. I've had it for so long now and for some reason, I never got the urge to play it.

I've also picked up Tomb Raider for the PS4. If anyone is looking to boost MP trophies, send me a note. I've already platinumed it on the PS3 but I figured I need something to keep me busy between now and AC Unity

Happy Thanksgiving to all of the Canadian gamers!

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `Best Trophy Checklist (2014)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)

Currently Playing
    `Batman: Arkham Knight [95%]
    `AC: Syndicate [6%]
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by TerminalPhoenix View Post
    Thanks Denataruck. I've added a slightly longer review of SOM. It got me into a LOTR mood so I'll finally attempt the LOTR Lego game. I've had it for so long now and for some reason, I never got the urge to play it.

I've also picked up Tomb Raider for the PS4. If anyone is looking to boost MP trophies, send me a note. I've already platinumed it on the PS3 but I figured I need something to keep me busy between now and AC Unity

Happy Thanksgiving to all of the Canadian gamers!
    I just read the extended review on the game and now I really want to play it haha. Maybe after I finish FFX I might pick it up. Also, happy Thanksgiving t you as well!
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Platinum #90 LEGO The Lord of the Rings

I have had this game in my backlog for a long time and with Shadow of Mordor in the back of my mind, and with a bit of a lull in new releases for the PS4 in the month of October, this was the perfect time. I enjoy LEGO games and this one is that much more special because of the Tolkien lore. I think they did a fantastic job of staying true to much of the content. If you've ever platinumed a LEGO game, you've platinumed them all. You go through the story levels, then through free play, and then cleanup the free roam. It wasn't a quick platinum mind you, because most LEGO games can be time consuming if you don't have a good plan, but it's still very much a walk in the park. All in all, I loved it and I'm looking forward to changing things up and playing my PS4 soon.

Next Up:
    1) Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (I've platinumed Tomb Raider on the PS3, so I have a good idea of what I'm getting myself into - not looking forward to the MP, but if everyone wants to boost, send me a shout)
    2) Captain America: Super Soldier - my final PS3 backlogged game; should be a quick platinum, and while it will be a fairly shallow experience, I don't mind as long as it's an entertaining one.
    3) I'm thinking of putting together a bit of a weekly or bi-weekly update newsletter that will cover my gaming exploits. I'm playing with the format and the content but I hope to start it soon. More to come as I reformat my computer and update my checklist a bit. For now, this post will do. Happy gaming!!

Currently Playing
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

The Deathly Rhythm

Congrats on your new plat
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Lvl 9 - Gold

Congrats on the new Plat bud.

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the LEGO Lord of the Rings platinum dude

Forget I Was Ever Here

Congratulations on LEGO platinum Ill Pen**!!! I seen you been playing some hockey and I didn't even know you liked the sport.

It is time for me to go underground

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    Congratulations on LEGO platinum Ill Pen**!!! I seen you been playing some hockey and I didn't even know you liked the sport.
    Haha, I love hockey! (after all I'm Canadian). I had friends over so they played NHL15 for the better part of Sunday. My buddy doesn't have PSN Plus yet so I let him piggyback on my account.

When are you thinking of starting Tomb Raider?

Currently Playing
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Forget I Was Ever Here

Hey buddy,

I just finished Evil Within but Highway was still finishing up The Last of Us and Pancake didn't buy it yet but by then I will be writing the guide for Unity so after that I'm sure. I was hearing MP is a lot faster doing it solo just more boring.

How is your progress going with that as I seen you been playing it for a bit.

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    Hey buddy,

I just finished Evil Within but Highway was still finishing up The Last of Us and Pancake didn't buy it yet but by then I will be writing the guide for Unity so after that I'm sure. I was hearing MP is a lot faster doing it solo just more boring.

How is your progress going with that as I seen you been playing it for a bit.
    Congratulations on the Evil Within plat.

I'm almost done Tomb Raider; just have some clean-up to do. It's faster if you boost with a partner in MP. The only problem I've had is that the MP is quite dead, so finding ranked matches is practically impossible. One of the MP trophies requires you to win one game of each 4 types of ranked games - so you essentially need 4 people at once to boost it with. I won't be trading my game anytime soon so when you guys are going for it, let me know.

Currently Playing
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

I'm playing with the idea of posting more regular updates (for now, to be realistic, let's say on a monthly basis). This is the first of hopefully many. Let me know your thoughts; feedback is always appreciated.

Currently Playing
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Platinum Procrastinator

Awesome monthly update. I wish I was as talented and committed as you as I've let my checklist die off over the years. By the way, what did you think of John Wick and Fury? I loved John Wick and plan on seeing it again in IMAX. I gave it a 9.5/10. I also love the song Think by Kaleida that played during the movie.

As for Fury, I thought it was good too, but I believe I only gave it a 7.5/10.

[top]

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Awesome monthly update. I wish I was as talented and committed as you as I've let my checklist die off over the years. By the way, what did you think of John Wick and Fury? I loved John Wick and plan on seeing it again in IMAX. I gave it a 9.5/10. I also love the song Think by Kaleida that played during the movie.

As for Fury, I thought it was good too, but I believe I only gave it a 7.5/10.
    Thank you!! I'd like to do more but time is a beast and won't let me sometimes. I like your checklist; looking forward to your thoughts on Borderlands: The pre-sequel. I liked the first, and loved the second. I think I spent more time on Borderlands 2 than any other PS3 game, and I've played some big content games so far, like Skyrim.

John Wick was surprisingly good. I liked that he was human; he didn't kill 50 people without breaking a sweat. He got his bruises and scars along the way. One of these days, I'll watch a Keanu Reeves movie and count the # of lines he has in the script; it feels like he's delivering fewer and fewer lines with each movie. I'm half expecting him to be a mute in his next film. (I liked that song btw).

Fury was alright; it didn't have much of a plot until the very end. It was as if a film crew tagged along with a tank for 3 days in WW2 and this was the end result. Some amazing acting though. There is one shot that stuck with me. The tanks are chugging along and the camera pans to the sky. There are two clouds on either side with a clear patch of sky in the middle and fighter jets emerge from either side of the clouds with a trail of white smoke behind them. And you know it's about to go down, but it's so far up in the sky that it feels like you're matching a movie without sound. It was kinda cool and eerie at the same time.

Currently Playing
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Lvl 9 - Gold

Wow bud love the update. I'm always amazed at how your CL looks and now a monthly update with info for movies and books. I like it. Hope you continue it.

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by TerminalPhoenix View Post
    Thank you!! I'd like to do more but time is a beast and won't let me sometimes. I like your checklist; looking forward to your thoughts on Borderlands: The pre-sequel. I liked the first, and loved the second. I think I spent more time on Borderlands 2 than any other PS3 game, and I've played some big content games so far, like Skyrim.

John Wick was surprisingly good. I liked that he was human; he didn't kill 50 people without breaking a sweat. He got his bruises and scars along the way. One of these days, I'll watch a Keanu Reeves movie and count the # of lines he has in the script; it feels like he's delivering fewer and fewer lines with each movie. I'm half expecting him to be a mute in his next film. (I liked that song btw).

Fury was alright; it didn't have much of a plot until the very end. It was as if a film crew tagged along with a tank for 3 days in WW2 and this was the end result. Some amazing acting though. There is one shot that stuck with me. The tanks are chugging along and the camera pans to the sky. There are two clouds on either side with a clear patch of sky in the middle and fighter jets emerge from either side of the clouds with a trail of white smoke behind them. And you know it's about to go down, but it's so far up in the sky that it feels like you're matching a movie without sound. It was kinda cool and eerie at the same time.
    I completely agree with you about Keanu Reeves and Fury. He didn't say a lot during the movie and he did take a lot of punishment. As for Fury, I also felt there wasn't much of a plot like you mentioned but the characters you could relate with for being in such a bad situation.

Also thanks for the comment about my checklist. However, nowadays there are a lot of people with much better ones such as yourself haha. Hopefully I'll have the Borderlands plat within a week or two and so far its really fun. I'm wishing I played as Claptr4p but Wilhelm is alright so I can't complain. If you like Borderlands 2, you should like this one as well.

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Platinum #92 Captain America: Super Soldier

Captain America: Super Soldier is not the prettiest game out there. In fact, it has taken me years to decide to play it and the world of gaming has moved on considerably since its release. The plot you ask? S'okay. It gives you a good enough premise for the action and it's a shallow, yet good enough reason to fight Hydra. Out of all of the games I have played, I can say that Captain America doesn't come close to any of the good ones. At the same time, it doesn't come anywhere close to the worst games either. It's a middle of the road experience that is surprisingly entertaining. And at the end of the day, it's what makes a game real. The pursuit of entertainment, no matter how shallow or fleshed out. The combat is surprisingly fluid, the action surprisingly satisfying and the voice acting surprisingly good. A lot of good surprises in a mediocre package. If you enjoy the Captain America universe and want to have a little bit of a fun, Captain America Super Soldier is a great distraction. It won't change the world, but it makes fun for a few hours.
    Last edited by TerminalPhoenix; 11-10-2014 at 06:07 PM.

Currently Playing
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the Captain America platinum man. I quite enjoyed the game myself, being a big fan of the Marvel Universe probably helped, but like you I was quite pleasantly surprised by what I thought would be a mediocre game.

Forget I Was Ever Here

Congrats on Captain America buddy . Your post has the font type in there . You're always going after them trophies huh

The Deathly Rhythm

Congrats on plating Captain America Super Solider
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Lvl 9 - Gold

Congrats on the Captain America Plat. It was better than I expected.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast