Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Terminal Phoenix - The Road So Far And The Road Ahead

This is a discussion on Terminal Phoenix - The Road So Far And The Road Ahead within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; I have plenty of pointers that I will happily share on Fallout 3. First and Foremost, when you level up, ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

I have plenty of pointers that I will happily share on Fallout 3.

First and Foremost, when you level up, put skill points into your explosive skill and lockpick skill until it's at a minimum of 25. The explosive skill will let you complete the quest, The Power of Atom fairly early in the game, which will earn you a key that will let you use a home in Megaton as a safehouse for storing all the lovely loot you gather i.e, weapons, armor, Bobleheads etc. Also level up your Speech skill before talking to Colin Moriarty for the main story quest, Following in his Footsteps. Maybe complete some of the other quests, like Fixing the Water purifier in megaton or you could clean out the raiders in Springvale for extra XP and loot to sell.

Just outside Megaton, round the back is a rock, just past or near some molerats that is actually a hollowed out rock that contains a low quality sniper rifle a note and some other goods. If you find Nuka Cola Quantum's, do NOT drink them. Store them in your safehouse so that you will have an easier time completing the quest, The Nuka-Cola Challenge. Here's a list of bottle locations, Nuka Locations. Also hold onto Sugar Bombs, you can work out a deal with a Ghoul scientist for 30 caps a box and earn huge profit if you have plenty of boxes to sell him.

There are 20 Bobbleheads in Fallout 3, only two are truly missable. The first is the Medicine Bobblehead, pick it up in your Father's office when you are still in Vault 101 Otherwise you'll need to wait until the quest, Trouble on the Homefront, a late game quest starts. The Second is the Energy Weapon's Bobblehead in Raven Rock, save the game after Col. Autumn and the Enclave kidnap you, then search around for it, I think it's on Level 2 or 3 of the base in Col. Autumn's room, alongside his sidearm a pistol.

When you are at Level 7, 13 and 19, save the game. You can then perform the necessary actions to get your karma into the appropriate level, i.e, Good, Evil or Neutral, before you level up again. Focus on killing animals and robots as killing them doesn't change you karma, and just go wild when being evil, wipe out whole towns if you want to. Then just load your earlier save, you can do this before starting quests like Strictly Business which incur massive negative karma.

You'll encounter your first Super Mutant behemoth on your way to the GNR building. If you are in Sarah Lyons company, there should be a dead member of the brotherhood of steel near the front of the fountain, complete with a Fat Man Launcher. Get it and use it to kill or heavily damage and cripple the behemoth. Just don't let the big beastie get too close to you.

Take the Explorer Perk when you reach Level 20, it will reveal every location on the main FO3 map and every location on the Expansions as well. One important tidbit, when you complete the Reilly's Rangers quest and meet Reilly again, she'll make you an offer about mapping the DC ruins, Don't immediately try to give her mapping data, go to at least one unexplored location first and then go talk to her, otherwise Reilly would state that they had already had all those places mapped out and you would lose out on a lot of bottle caps.

When doing the replicated man quest, inform Harknes he is a android. You can convince him to let you kill Dr. Zimmer instead. Go see Zimmer with your newly acquired A3-21 Plasma Rifle. Tell Zimmer about Harkness to get the Wired Reflexes Perk, then use those new reflexes and kill Zimmer and his guard, getting no Karma bonus, but a nifty rifle and a new perk that improves your aim by 10%.

Fawkes is your best companion, save him in Vault 87, and he'll be a true friend and never abandon you unless told to do so, in which case he'll be chilling out in the Natural History Museum, outside Underworld. Fawkes is a goddamn Tank, carrying a gatling laser with infinite ammo. Plus he can carry a lot of goods for you too.
    Last edited by The_Tonto; 03-06-2013 at 11:21 AM.

Awesome Sig by TheGeneral09
    My Awesome Checklist

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Wow! That...is outstanding! Thank you! *select, copy and save* This is why I love this site and this community.

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `Best Trophy Checklist (2014)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)

Currently Playing
    `Batman: Arkham Knight [95%]
    `AC: Syndicate [6%]
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by TerminalPhoenix View Post
    Wow! That...is outstanding! Thank you! *select, copy and save* This is why I love this site and this community.
    No problem Phoenix, I'm happy to share my experiences with the game. Also on a side note, be very, very careful when repairing weapons. I accidentally used one of the unique weapons to repair a regular one. Specifically the Xuanlong Chinese Assault Rifle, which you can acquire during the main story mission for Three Dog, in the Museum of Technology, here's a detailed walkthrough. Jigg's Loot.

My Awesome Checklist

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

UPDATE: No plats over the past little while but:

Skyrim (100%)

DLC Pack #1: Dawnguard 10/10 trophies
    DLC Pack #2: Heartfire 5/5 trophies
    DLC Pack #3: Dragonborn 10/10 trophies

Soundshapes (84%)

DLC Pack #4 (PS3): Do You Wheelie Want to Hurt Me 5/5 trophies
    DLC Pack #4 (Vita): Do You Wheelie Want to Hurt Me 5/5 trophies

Last edited by TerminalPhoenix; 03-16-2013 at 11:04 PM.

Currently Playing
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Platinum #58: Assassin's Creed III (85%)*

Base Game: 51/51 trophies

The Battle Hardened Pack (100%)

DLC Pack #1: The Battle Hardened Pack 4/4 trophies

Up Next - Road to 100%

DLC Pack #2: The Tyranny of King Washington Episode 1: The Infamy 0/4 trophies
    DLC Pack #3: The Tyranny of King Washington Episode 1: The Betrayal 0/3 trophies

*Checklist will be updated at 100%

Currently Playing
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Lvl 6 - Silver

Congrats on your 58th Platinum.

My Awesome Checklist

O_o

Wow, now this is an impressive checklist.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I absolutely love the style of the checklist you've designed. Very original, great layout, easy and intersting to read. Not to mention a lot of great plats in there too. Keep it up, cant wait to see more updates

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Lvl 6 - Silver

Amazing Checklist had fun reading through each part of it and i like how you divided your Plat collection into 4 Plats at a time very creative looking forward to seeing more in the future Keep it up m8

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the AC3 platinum man

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tonto View Post
    Congrats on your 58th Platinum.
    Thanks Tonto!

Quote Originally Posted by ERICVOLTAGE View Post
    Wow, now this is an impressive checklist.
    Thank you thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by black__bunny View Post
    I absolutely love the style of the checklist you've designed. Very original, great layout, easy and intersting to read. Not to mention a lot of great plats in there too. Keep it up, cant wait to see more updates
    Thank you bunny! I have some ideas for new features - hopefully I can show them off soon; time is never on my side. Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Aboelsas View Post
    Amazing Checklist had fun reading through each part of it and i like how you divided your Plat collection into 4 Plats at a time very creative looking forward to seeing more in the future Keep it up m8
    Thanks Aboelsas! I'm glad you like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Congrats on the AC3 platinum man
    Thanks Dragon (AKA Platinum Machine God)! hah! Can you slow down so I can catch up somehow?

Currently Playing
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

-i- love myself.

Congrats on the ACIII !

Lvl 6 - Silver

So what platinum will you be going for next? Because the Road Ahead section has some of my favourite and want to own games on it. Also do you plan to go back and Plat, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, No More Heroes, Bulletstorm and Burnout Paradise?

My Awesome Checklist

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by Qurb View Post
    Congrats on the ACIII !
    Thank you Qurb!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tonto View Post
    So what platinum will you be going for next? Because the Road Ahead section has some of my favourite and want to own games on it. Also do you plan to go back and Plat, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, No More Heroes, Bulletstorm and Burnout Paradise?
    Not sure yet, I'm going to strive for 100% in AC3 and then finish off Sly 4 for Vita/PS3. Afterward I'll either go Red Dead Redemption/Fallout 3 or Tomb Raider/Far Cry 3.

I've tried going back to AC:B and it just hasn't worked out. No More Heroes wasn't all that much fun tbh and Bulletstorm was a guilty pleasure but nothing that keeps me playing it for hours on end. I would have loved to finish Burnout Paradise but the MP never worked for me so all of those trophies are impossible

UPDATE: Assassin's Creed III (100%) - updated checklist + new road ahead
    Last edited by TerminalPhoenix; 03-31-2013 at 09:50 PM.

Currently Playing
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Bioshock Infinite (100%)
    Base Game: 51/51 trophies

An amazing gaming experience; one of the best single player campaigns I have played. My one complaint is that it is very linear and you will not go off the forbidden path very often, but the story is so good, that you really don't want to go exploring other quests. I was emotionally invested in all of the characters throughout the game which is a rare and very amazing achievement for a game. It is making me want to go back and play Bioshock 1 and 2.

Currently Playing
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the Bioshock Infinite platinum man

Platinum Procrastinator

Congrats on the Bioshock Infinite plat. I can't wait to play it after what everyone has been saying about it. As for the first two, I highly recommend them although the online for Bioshock II was a bit annoying but the Minerva's Den DLC is arguably the best DLC for any game out there.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

-i- love myself.

Congrats on the BioShock Infinite plat! It's sure one amazing game!

The One and Only

Can't believe I've never posted here.

The checklist looks great! I love how everything has been put together, it's stands out from other checklists!

Keep up the good work sir.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Beautiful list, really enjoyed reading, it would be even better if you added how you felt about each platinum when you finish. Good luck in the future!

PSN 100%
    Braid - Deathspank - Super Stardust HD

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast