Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

All the fun, none of the bull....Kam11ru's Checklist...v2.0

This is a discussion on All the fun, none of the bull....Kam11ru's Checklist...v2.0 within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by Denaratuck Congrats on the Prototype 2 platinum man. It seems that they made it almost too easy ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Congrats on the Prototype 2 platinum man. It seems that they made it almost too easy compared to the first game.
    Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    Holy crap man, that did not take long at all. Congrats on the new plat man, well done. Keep up the great work man
    Thanks, [Prototype 2] was very easy compared to the first one.

Platinum #19 - Sleeping Dogs

Bad-ass game. While I can't agree that it's better than GTA, because it is not, the game surely deserves it's own share of appraisal. For what it's worth I massively enjoyed playing it. I would love to see some story-related DLC.
    The fighting aspect of the game is so fun to play with. Yeah, there are not a lot of moves to chose from but you are able to play with different combinations. The ability to use some of the environment for kills is awesome. (Ice Chipper FTW!) I liked the Hong Kong setting of the story, and the voice acting was really good (Robin Shou, Lucy Liu, Tom Wilkinson and more) - there are not a lot of games that reach for well known actors to do voice acting.
    So, if you are waiting for GTA5 (pretty much everyone are ) this will easily fill in your time.

As for the trophies - piece of cake. Especially given the option to replay separate missions and not the whole game all over again. The collectibles are not that much of a pain - again, you can unlock their locations on the map thanks to dates.

I wouldn't mind seeing Sleeping Dogs 2 in the future. Although I do believe that once GTA5 is released, it will raise the bar in terms of open-world games.

For now, I don't think I'll be getting anything new. Just over a month until AC3 and besides I'm going back to Uni - there won't be that much time to play. But I'm still trying to finish off Bulletstorm - I finally managed to semi-fix the connection issues. I can connect and stay connected 9 out of 10 times. So, anyone up for some boosting?

PRO Member

Nice work on sleeping dogs.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Congrats on the Sleeping Dogs plat man, nice one. Seems like you had a blast playing it which is always great to hear. Good luck getting your 20th plat and good luck for when you go back to uni aswell

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Gah! You're so lucky. I still haven't platinumed inFAMOUS 1 yet! Those damn blast shards! D:<

Random Access Memories

Congrats on Sleeping Dogs!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Platinum #20 - Bulletstorm

Finally! Some 6 months after starting I have the Platinum.
    Relief is a small word, now I can put the game to rest once and for all.

The game was fun, while the story wasn't exactly oscar-worthy it was still engaging.
    The online was interesting as well, although I would like to see a DM mode, not just co-op.
    One thing I liked was the variety of weapons - each one having two fire modes.
    For those interested, this idea was copied slightly from another People Can Fly game - Painkiller.
    Both games featured a number of weapons with two distinct styles of fire - which was a strong point in both titles.
    For those interested search on YT for some gameplay - who knows, you might just like it.

Next...
    I'm guessing, my next platinum will be AC3, there are not a lot of MP trophies so that will be my first thing to get out of the way. After that I can focus on single player and get the Platinum in my own time.

In the meantime I might pick up Dishonored. I saw some trailers, read some initial reviews recently and I have to say - looks really interesting. Good thing is that there are no online trophies so Platinum is a possibility somewhere in the future.

Random Access Memories

Nice job on Bulletstorm! I hear that is a very underrated game!

|
    djunglist|

A plat a month!

Congrats on Bulletstorm, Kam11ru

PRO Member

Congrats on BUlletstorm ..and best of luck wit AC 3.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Congrats on the Bulletstorm plat man, well done, especially after starting it so long ago and keeping at it . And i like yourself am looking forward to AC3 as i'm sure several others are too. Keep up the great work mate

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Platinum #21 - Dishonored

I'm kind of partial to the reviews about Dishonored. As much as I enjoyed the game I can't say it was groundbreaking.
    Yes, everything the game does, it does very well. The story is good - love the two different endings but Low Chaos takes the crown. One thing I do agree with everyone else - game is too short. The time flies during the High Chaos playthrough.
    Can't find anything serious that I can pick on in terms of bad things which just means it was a good purchase.
    Trophywise it wasn't that bad. Clearly the devs thought of planning them so that we get to play the game at least twice. The sneaky playthrough was a bit tricky - the detection system is not exactly forgiving. It would be perfect if we could just replay some of the missions separately for the Ghost/Shadow trophies rather than having to go through the whole thing.

Next - Assassin's Creed 3.
    I was waiting for it ever since I watched the credits in ACR.
    I'm not totally into the American Revolution setting, for the moment I'm mostly curious how the modern part of the story will unfold. Hopefully Connors story will grow on me.

Random Access Memories

Nice job on Dishonored! I've been hearing good things about it so glad to hear that you've enjoyed it as well!

|
    djunglist|

PRO Member

Congrats on Dishonored!!!!

Whats next in line?

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

PRO Member

Congrats on Dishonored!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Nice job on Dishonored! I've been hearing good things about it so glad to hear that you've enjoyed it as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by User011010 View Post
    Congrats on Dishonored!!!!

Whats next in line?
    Quote Originally Posted by drjackel666 View Post
    Congrats on Dishonored!
    Thanks everyone!

Platinum #22 - Assassin's Creed 3

That went quicker than expected, too quick. Long awaited game was finished before I noticed.
    Anyway... Somehow I feel like its one of the better ones in the series and at the same time it's far from being that good.
    Some things in the game are really good - the whole Frontier is cool. The awesomeness is on the same level with RDR.
    But then cities didn't really impress me that much. The second-to-main character - Connor. Hmm, I just don't feel him.
    The whole thing with him simply wanting to sing up into the Brotherhood seemed to me rather strange. Altair and Ezio both inherited their roles from their fathers/families - it felt much better.
    Now, Desmond... I was really curious about how Ubisoft dealt with making the ending. Since it is meant to be the grand finale for him I expected a bit more than what we were given at the end of game.
    I don't want to openly spoil anything so for those who finished the story/don't care about spoilers click further, otherwise skip ahead.

Toggle Spoiler

Nevertheless - AC3 is done to a very high standard. You can't disagree.
    It's worth playing for both fans and not-fans alike.
    Trophywise, ACR-level difficulty. Not too hard, with some collectibles etc for those who love them so much.

Heh, I have't written that much in quite a while. Well, I am AC-fan so I just wanted to share a bit wider opinion.
    Props to anyone who's read it all.

Inactive

Read it all Congrats on the ACIII ! Haven't played the game yet, but will own it next week! Black Friday

| YouTube Channel | GDT Comp Banner by djunglist |

> Restart Button <

Love all of the Animus-esk banners. Cool CL.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

Random Access Memories

Big congrats on ACIII!

I'll be getting to that one soon after AC:Revelations. Keep up the good work!

|
    djunglist|

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Platinum #23 - Deus Ex: Human Revolution

First Platinum of 2013.
    Well, I've got to admit, I regret not picking it up earlier. Awesome piece of game.
    I haven't played previous games in the series so I wasn't aware of any references to the story - nevertheless the whole idea behind trans-humanism is very interesting and the game tackled it beautifully.
    The game is not too difficult, some parts might seem frustrating - only because of my lack of patience at moments.
    I do prefer slowly paced fps games as I don't have to fight with thumb-sticks to aim quickly in a gunfight. (you won't see cod/moh on my list for that reason).
    Anyway, trophy wise - fairly easy. Depending on the patience you can do it in one playthrough, but personally I had to play it second time - missed some ebooks and foxiest didn't pop for me - why, see above.

Definite recommendation for fans of "quiet" games. The satisfaction from taking down room with 3 or 4 enemies without being spotted is great.

Next - grinding out Just Cause 2.

> Restart Button <

Congrats on the Deus: Ex The way you describe it makes me want it. Glad you enjoyed it.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast