Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

All the fun, none of the bull....Kam11ru's Checklist...v2.0

This is a discussion on All the fun, none of the bull....Kam11ru's Checklist...v2.0 within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Congrats on AC 3 and DEUS EX....

PRO Member

Congrats on AC 3 and DEUS EX.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Looking good mate - keep it up! Congrats on the Deus Ex plat.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by themute88orl View Post
    Congrats on the Deus: Ex The way you describe it makes me want it. Glad you enjoyed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by drjackel666 View Post
    Congrats on AC 3 and DEUS EX.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartBros View Post
    Looking good mate - keep it up! Congrats on the Deus Ex plat.
    Thanks.

Platinum #24 - Just Cause 2

Most boring Platinum image I've seen so far.

Well, thats both my Christmas game-gifts done. JC2 didn't prove to be such a great game to be honest.
    As much as the game is really good, it doesn't make you go WOW. Sure, the in-game world size is awesome, but that's about it.
    At the same time this world is the drawback - the world is kinda boring. The towns are copy of themselves. Grinding the last 15% of the completion was such a pain. I'm all for open world games mind you and flying around was really nice but I hoped for more 'entertainment'.

Trophy wise, not bad. Some more collectibles than usual but nothing that makes you go mad - it's just time consuming.
    The game is definitely worth trying, it does well but that's all - if only the world was more varied I wouldn't mind popping back in.
    That's a word of caution to devs - if you are planning to put massive world into the game - make sure there is something to do there.

Next, I'm hoping to finish off Street Figther X Tekken, not far to go.
    While I'm waiting for GTA5/Painkiller:HD to come out, I was thinking about getting either Far Cry 3 or NFS: MW(2012).

I'm kinda leaning towards NFS - I haven't played any racers lately and I'm worried that FC3 might be suffering from the same thing as JC2 - the 'boringness' of the world. Any one who played both can say if it's bad? I've seen some videos but I'd like someones opinion on this.

Retired on PS3 (since Dec 2013) due to half-broken console and lack of funds and time to fix it.
    Oct 2014 - Dec 2014 - Back on PS3
    Retired on PS3 since Jan 2014 due to original reasons.

Toggle Spoiler

-i- love myself.

Congrats on the new ! Good luck chasing that SF X Tekken

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Qurb View Post
    Congrats on the new ! Good luck chasing that SF X Tekken
    Thanks.

Platinum #25 Far Cry 3

Really good game. The world is big enough to be interesting and travel is not that boring - using cars and fast travel made it easy to jump between places. The story - not bad. The ending/s were a nice touch although I would like an option to get back to choice selection after seeing one ending - saves me replaying the game or going to youtube. Trophy wise - easy. Some collectibles but nothing too difficult. The coop is littered with glitches and its design kinda misses something. The missions were made interesting but the technical side would need a review.
    The hunting parts reminded me of hunting in RDR - especially hunting the difficult game - bears/tigers.
    Definite recommendation for fans of open world type.

Next, I would like to finish SFxT - anyone willing to boost 70-something matches?

I'm really curious about the Sony conference on 20th and if they announce PS4 I will probably start saving up and that will mean not many games in the future.

Retired on PS3 (since Dec 2013) due to half-broken console and lack of funds and time to fix it.

Toggle Spoiler

-i- love myself.

Congrats on the Far Cry 3 Still have to pick that game up... anyways good luck with SFxT.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

great work

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Congrats on the Farcry 3 plat man, well done. It sounds like you enjoyed it. Good luck with SF X Tekken too

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

PRO Member

Congrats on the 2 new plats.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Qurb View Post
    Congrats on the Far Cry 3 Still have to pick that game up... anyways good luck with SFxT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balanna View Post
    great work
    Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    Congrats on the Farcry 3 plat man, well done. It sounds like you enjoyed it. Good luck with SF X Tekken too
    Quote Originally Posted by drjackel666 View Post
    Congrats on the 2 new plats.
    Thanks!

Platinum #26 - Need for Speed: Most Wanted

I haven't played a proper racing game in quite a while. I tried the demo recently I thought it's not bad. So I've picked it up. Story-wise, ehm wait. Storyline in NFS? Let's just skip ahead... Technically nothing wrong with the game, no major bugs etc. I've played NFS games before many times. It might be just me but there is no breakthroughs in this series. As much as the game is done to a high standard, I kinda expected something completely fresh. Well, I understand it's not easy to achieve this in racing genre but it's NFS we're talking about - they've got the means to do something.
    Anyway, trophy-wise - noting much. The collectibles again will be a pain for those who love them. Nothing difficult though.

It's just another NFS in the series. Fans will love it, non-fans will move along to the next game. Or in my case, I still have Test Drive Unlimited 2 with me and somehow I enjoy it much more.
    Next, can't think of any titles that caught my attention. I'm continuously trying to complete SFxT (only one trophy left - the most difficult one).

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Platinum #27 - Sniper Elite V2

Tried demo months ago and the idea of being able to see x-ray of the damage done by bullet in real-time sold me on the game instantly. Played through it on PC first. Not a long game, some parts bit more annoying than difficult but nothing too bad. The game does suffer from bad AI. The enemies are either oblivious to your presence or they manage to spot you crawling slowly on the ground 200 meters from them. The x-ray cam does get boring after some time. For some reason the first 3,4 missions are actually interesting but as the game progress the whole thing becomes a grind. Good thing it is fairly short.
    Trophy-wise - easy, some collectibles but the game allows you to replay missions as you please making it easy to clean up the missing stuff. There is a coop mode, with good partner its a breeze, without one it might take some time to get all of them.

Next, don't really know. I have nothing immediate to buy so I might go back through some of my games to see if I can clean up something.

As extra, a nice gif from Sniper Elite V2

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Platinum #28 - Dead Island: Riptide

Such a wasted opportunity on a chance to produce a proper, sequel in the series. The game left me with a feeling that the devs simply couldn't be bothered to produce a new environment so they just recycled 99% of what's already available.
    I was really hoping for a proper game in the DI series but I was left with bad taste in my mouth.
    Storywise - alright, it has progressed, into another outbreak... Again, a feeling of "seen that before".
    Just because they've put new character, improved few weapons, added new monsters it doesn't justify the game to be called a sequel - it could have worked just as well in a DLC format - perhaps split into two - kinda like the Episodes in AC3. (but then one could complain of milking the customers)
    Anyway... Real fans of the first series will quite possibly love the Riptide. For me, as much as I enjoyed the first one, I wouldn't recommend it right now, perhaps when the price will drop.
    Trophy-wise, same story as the original title.

On a side note, I have also obtained 100% in Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.

Whoa, the amount of cultural references is going through the roof.
    Loved it, especially that the developer went to some lengths to develop this rather than going with the usual format of doing zombie-modification to the game. Completely unexpected and unusual title among others. Definite recommendation.

Toggle Spoiler

Venire, Videre, Vince

Congrats on #28

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol

-i- love myself.

Congrats on the new and 100%!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Platinum #29 - Tomb Raider

Such an awesome SP. The game could have been a bit longer - this could be easily achieved if the completely redundant MP would be gone. I can't judge whether this Lara is better than the old one because it's been years since the last time I played TR. But looking at her now I can say they have have done good job. Storywise, that is.
    On a serious note, the game is really worth playing, it's not too challenging and the visuals are really nice.
    Trophywise, nothing too difficult, but the chatting trophy is very easily missable making you play the game again - but that's not necessarily bad thing. The MP - just as I mentioned above - it shouldn't be there. There are still awesome games without MP that focus on the SP and they do it well - like inFamous series.
    If you don't care for Platinum and just want to experience a good piece of SP - go for it.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Platinum #30 - GRID 2

Haven't played any racers lately so I decided to pick it up. A fun game, although TDU2 still is 1st on my racing list - despite not being a perfect game. I liked the locations in the game, especially the Japanese routes. Solid selection of cars although some obvious were missing - licensing can be a bit*h sometimes.
    One thing I didn't like was the drifting races in the game - I have yet to see a game that does it nicely.
    Trophy-wise nothing too difficult with some exceptions where a bit of luck/patience was needed - 00:59:88 with the Gone in 60 Seconds trophy.

Next... I have picked up Painkiller Hell & Damnation. Seeing as no one has called for doing the trophy guide (at least I haven't seen anyone) I might get around to doing one - it would be my first one. But I'm not making any promises - if by the time I got something solid no one submits theirs I submit mine.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Platinum #31 - Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Such a fun game. Can't miss the obvious reference to pokemon. Which is awesome.
    It might look like a kiddie game, but I don't think kid would be willing to spend 80+ hours on the game.
    Storywise, well it's not jaw-dropping but it's engaging in its own way. It is really like watching interactive Ghibli movie.
    Trophies are not difficult but definitely time consuming - typical rpg for you.

Well, it seems like this will be my last platinum for ps3. I'm slowly starting to get bored with the platinum hunting. With ps4 just over the horizon I will be buying only GTA5 for the current generation. (I've recently graduated - got to find a job , which means not as much time for gaming) GTA5 should be enough for the time being. At least I expect it to be.

Toggle Spoiler

Level 5 Esper

Grats on the new plat man!! and grats on finishing school too! I too am looking forward to GTA5~~
    >>>>> New Trophy Case <<<<<

Multiplayer/Old PSN

Currently Playing
    FFX-2 HD Remake (PS3) || Killzone Mercenary (PSV) || Hearthstone (PC)

My Guides

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
    Generator Rex: Agent of Providence

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Platinum #32 - Painkiller: Hell & Damnation

Wasn't planning on getting platinum for it but somehow it came to be.
    Painkiller was and still is my favorite game for PC (when it comes to FPS). I was really glad to see it come to PS3.
    At that point I was disappointed. The game was literally stripped of content. The console version is much shorter, perhaps it was done because todays gaming market is not cut out for this kind of gameplay. I have to praise the visual style - each level is completely different and the amount of different weapons is cool as well. There are no mp5s, M16s and the other copy-paste load-outs from COD/MOH. The Painkiller is a classic homage to the old days of Quake - which is awesome.
    Trophy wise, it's not a tough Platinum although you have to sacrifice some time to get it.
    Online is dead - yeah, newly released game with dead multiplayer - this again might be because current market is aimed toward cod-like fps games. So if you want to get MP trophies, boosting is the only way. Good thing is there are only two MP trophies that require cooperation from other players and they are quick to complete.
    Overall, is it an average attempt to port PC game to consoles. I highly recommend going for the original one.

Next... one last game I will be buying is..... GTA5 (who would've guessed ) I don't think I will be aiming at Platinum - for the time being I will simply enjoy the biggest launch in the last few years.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 6 - Silver

Great Checklist m8 i am too born in 1991 and some of your platinums u and i got in common are in the same year like Infamous and Fallout 3 it's a shame you won't be playing more PS3 games and wait till the ps4 arrives, imo the ps3 has so many great games that are yet to be explored by us gamers.

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast