Results 1 to 16 of 16

The Mattveego Experience

This is a discussion on The Mattveego Experience within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Welcome to The Mattveego Experience. Some of you may remember my old checklist that I closed months ago. I was ...

  1. #1
    PRO Member
    mattveego's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Your kitchen cupboard
    Posts
    1,378
    Reputation
    69

    The Mattveego Experience



    Welcome to The Mattveego Experience. Some of you may remember my old checklist that I closed months ago. I was proud of that checklist, but I came to the realization that it was unoriginal and quite simply just bland. This led to the creation of my new checklist. Thing is, this is not your typical checklist. While a lot of the amazing checklists on this site are focused on the incredible looks, I'm doubling down on the writing and content. This will be a place that I can express my opinion on things happening in the industry, while also showing off my latest platinum trophy. I love writing and whether people actually see what i am reading or not I know that I will behaving a great time and that's all that matters. Well, without further ado, here is The Mattveego Experience.




    Hating on Devs

    Hate on the internet is something that has gotten way out of control. It is no longer just a few upset people on a message board, no, this has gone as far to even give a game publisher the Worst Company of the Year Award for 2012 and 2013. I donít understand this at all. Obviously the gaming culture is always connected and always on the internet, but the fact that a large portion are literally out for blood and want to drag companies into Hell is just absurd. If EA really was the worst company in America than damn we must live in good times. But that is not the case. There are companies like Time Warner and Comcast that are trying to create a monopoly or how about the meat packing companies that put profit ahead of consumer health. Of course that doesnít matter though because EA didnít give you the Mass Effect ending that youíre entitled to. (This is where the hate started whether you want to believe it or not, SimCity and Battlefield just added fuel to the fire)

    Now I only bring this up because for some god forsaken reason, Ubisoft has been the latest victim of the hate train. As many of you have seen, Watch Dogs had about a 3 ranking five hours after it was released on Metacritic for the user score. So let me get this straightÖ.. Youíre telling me that you bought the game at midnight, played till 5am, beat the game, compressed your thoughts, and decided to give the game a zero. Really?? A zero! For a game to be a zero it would quite literally have to be unplayable from the start screen. Itís not even just one zero. There are dozens of them! There is seriously no other reason to do this than to drag a company down because you werenít 100% satisfied with their product that you arenít forced to buy. And it is not just that. People are seriously hating on Ubisoft all over the internet. Like why?? Just because they have a couple big franchises now? Letís look at Ubisoftís recent game releases. Assassinís Creed 4, Rayman Legends, Trials Fusion, Child of Light and now Watch Dogs. Just to name a few. How can you hate a company that produces products like this? Not to mention it seems as though they are all great people and really care about the product that they are putting out there. I donít understand why the internet needs somebody to hate on and probably never will. Hopefully this will die down in the years to come, because I donít want to be part of a culture that is determined to drag the very people that created it down. And I hope you donít either





    Just as it says. I'll be talking about recent games I have been playing, mostly my thoughts and feelings about them. This will usually be a shorter section than the other two.





    Stick it to the Man 100%


    Going in with no expectations is something that does not happen very often with games that I play. The last one that I can remember playing was FTL a couple of years ago. I ended up loving that game way more than I would have if I read all of the reviews and watched my favorite YouTubers play it. All I saw was one of my friends playing it. It was cheap. So I picked it up and obsessed over it. I truly do think that there is something to be said about not knowing anything about a game when going in. From my experience, the surprise persuades my thoughts to adore the game more than any critic could. My most recent example of this is Stick it to the Man. I game I feel I otherwise would have found slow and never gotten back to it. I promise you that was certainly not the case.

    Let me tell you something about Stick it to the Man. This is one of the most hilarious, well written, artistic, 90's inspired games I have ever had the pleasure of playing. The game starts you off as a normal guy named Ray. Now Ray works as a hard hat tester. You know, someone who has heavy objects dropped on their head, while wearing a hard hat, to insure that it is safe for construction workers to use. On ray's way home from work one day a mysterious object falls right onto this head. Something happens that night and when Ray wakes up, he has a pinkish purple spaghetti arm sticking out of his head. Of course, only Ray can see this arm though. Ray later finds out that this arm has the ability to read minds. Stick it to the Man is all about getting answers and the game will take you to places such as a carnival, Ray's subconscious, space and my favorite, the insane asylum. Every character you meet in these places is absolutely incredible. They are all hilarious and completely effed up in their own unique way. In fact, the characters are what truly make this game shine the most. Unbelievably there are only between 10 and 15 voice actors for the wide array of characters which is truly astonishing. The dark nature of the game blends perfectly with the comedy. I would say the best way to describe this game is Courage the Cowardly Dog meets Rocko's Modern Life.

    The gameplay does not shine nearly as well as the presentation, but it works. Every level is a huge open level with tons of characters and puzzles. The goal for each level is always different. Maybe you will have to help a suicidal man get shiny teeth or help a lunatic stop imaging an evil bunny. No matter what the approach is always the same. Read their minds. This leads to a very different way of solving puzzles seeing that you can't directly get answers out of the characters. Sometimes you must infer exactly what they need. The only downside in the entire game are when you must sneak around guards. I find this pointless and can usually just confuse the AI into running in circles around each other.

    As far as trophies go, they are all actually really easy and simple. Mos of them are for finding hidden minds to read it levels, which can add some funny commentary to the things going on around the player. The hardest trophy is for reading every mind in the game. Not exactly that hard, but it may eat up a little bit of time.

    Stick it to the Man is a game I enjoyed way more than I thought I would. If you consider yourself a fan of 90s cartoons, Tim Schafer or even just an awesome experience than I certainly could not recommend this game enough. I know a lot of you downloaded it for Plus last month and haven't played. So get on it right now



    Special thanks to djunglist for the extraordinary banners!


    Last edited by mattveego; 08-24-2014 at 06:09 PM.

    Sig by Bladia


  2. #2
    PRO Member
    mattveego's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Your kitchen cupboard
    Posts
    1,378
    Reputation
    69

    I'll be filling this thing up in the next few days. I am really excited to get started

    Sig by Bladia


  3. #3
    PRO Member
    neospoon's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    378
    Reputation
    33

    Alright! Get it filled up Looking forward to your content

    Working on: The next platinum trophy!

  4. #4
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    MadMardigan_88's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, AR
    Posts
    818
    Reputation
    47

    Cant wait to see what all you put in here. Oh and totally love those banners. Kinda of a elegant or classy feeling to them.


  5. #5
    Avy=DARE, Sig=Djung
    Yoo_Hoo_Sniper's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,936
    Reputation
    421

    I do remember the old checklist in fact I'm sure we can still get into it. I like that you are taking a new approach in fact it seems there are more and more unique checklists now it's nice to see. Goodluck working on this and I look forward to it.

    ^^^^^^^^^Made by BEAM^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

  6. #6
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    harryisonfire's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    252
    Reputation
    19

    Liking the ideas and looking forward to seeing them in action. Nice banners too.




  7. #7
    Roo Commander
    Feral's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,671
    Reputation
    558

    Always liked your old cl but I'm keen to see what you're going to do with this one. It's sounding good and those banners are

    Awesomely awesome sig by Beam
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

  8. #8
    Digital Terror
    djunglist's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sanctuary Act V
    Posts
    822
    Reputation
    273

    nice banners bro


    Currently Playing
    Diablo 3 RoS
    Destiny

  9. #9
    Lvl 11 - Elite
    xEl_Cidx's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Valencia (EEUU)
    Posts
    2,984
    Reputation
    587

    Good start man, to your new experience!



    Don't keep us waiting too long!

    Toggle Spoiler



    Ribbon courtesy of Beam

    Unete al grupo: Jugadores EspaŮol| xEl_Cidx's La Conquista | xEl_Cidx's recent Gaming Activities+ Boosting
    xEl_Cidx's Battle of the Sexes - Round 44 just started

  10. #10
    Puns always intended.
    Larrydavidsavatar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    One dimension short of being in a 3D game.
    Posts
    2,323
    Reputation
    138

    I really like the route you're taking for the new checklist, as you say, checklists are becoming more varied on here, and more interesting to read as a result. Yours was good before, but the above draft is very promising. So Good Luck on the rebirth!

    I might even try doing a checklist myself one of these days!

  11. #11
    PRO Member
    mattveego's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Your kitchen cupboard
    Posts
    1,378
    Reputation
    69

    Quote Originally Posted by neospoon View Post
    Alright! Get it filled up Looking forward to your content
    Thanks neopsoon. Maybe one day mine can be as famous as your's

    Quote Originally Posted by MadMardigan_88 View Post
    Cant wait to see what all you put in here. Oh and totally love those banners. Kinda of a elegant or classy feeling to them.
    I know they are sweet. All credit goes to dj for those

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    I do remember the old checklist in fact I'm sure we can still get into it. I like that you are taking a new approach in fact it seems there are more and more unique checklists now it's nice to see. Goodluck working on this and I look forward to it.
    I have it all saved on a Word document somehwhere lol but thanks for the offer. Yeah, I can;t wait to see how this style turns out. Hope to see you checking in every no and then

    Quote Originally Posted by harryisonfire View Post
    Liking the ideas and looking forward to seeing them in action. Nice banners too.
    Thanks man me too!

    Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Always liked your old cl but I'm keen to see what you're going to do with this one. It's sounding good and those banners are
    Hahaha thanks Feral Sadly it was time for a change. Can't wait to update it regularly this summer

    Quote Originally Posted by djunglist View Post
    nice banners bro
    Thanks I wonder who made them?
    Quote Originally Posted by xEl_Cidx View Post
    Good start man, to your new experience!



    Don't keep us waiting too long!
    Hahaha thanks man, I'll try not to. Hey btw you need to get guessing again on my picture trivia

    Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    I really like the route you're taking for the new checklist, as you say, checklists are becoming more varied on here, and more interesting to read as a result. Yours was good before, but the above draft is very promising. So Good Luck on the rebirth!

    I might even try doing a checklist myself one of these days!
    Absolutely, the more varied the better

    Definitely do it. it is a lot of work at first, but it is so worth it

    Sig by Bladia


  12. #12
    PRO Member
    mattveego's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Your kitchen cupboard
    Posts
    1,378
    Reputation
    69

    First update to the Mattveego Experience

    1. Added my opinion on the hating trend on the internet and how ridiculous it is getting

    2. Added my little review for Stick it to the Man, an adventure game that I enjoyed quite a bit

    Let me know what you think

    Sig by Bladia


  13. #13
    Galaxy beauty pirate
    Artemis's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,398
    Reputation
    206

    Nice looking checklist so far mattveego.

    Thanks for your review on Stick it to the man btw. A lot of games go by unnoticed in my case, so I like to read about those. It looks interesting from what I read, so I will check it out.
    Sig by Ramon

  14. #14
    PRO Trophy Hunter
    ScaryAbel210's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    706
    Reputation
    40

    Nice CL, why did you make two checklists? You should re-open and edit your first CL.

    My Checklist - Trophy Hunting Missions [CLICK THIS BANNER] Checklist Updated:
    Posted Mission Failed
    8/24/14

    Posted New Mission
    and Weeky Report
    8/31/14

    Posted My Recent Purchase
    and Weeky Report
    9/6/14

  15. #15
    Roo Commander
    Feral's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,671
    Reputation
    558

    100% agree with about the hating on devs trend, it's something that has to and hopefully will stop but most likely won't unless people find something else to start hating on.

    Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    Hahaha thanks Feral Sadly it was time for a change. Can't wait to update it regularly this summer
    You're welcome mate. That's fair enough, you had the old one going for a long time. Lol good to hear that.

    Awesomely awesome sig by Beam
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

  16. #16
    Puns always intended.
    Larrydavidsavatar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    One dimension short of being in a 3D game.
    Posts
    2,323
    Reputation
    138

    Good spotlight review there Matt, and I am totally with you on the dev hate.
    Understandable that people get annoyed or frustrated by goof ups (GTA Online launch), bad porting (Skyrim) and blatantly cut games with DLC announced before release (Lots), but death threats to execs, and rigging polls to declare a videogame company worse than the fuckers destroying the planet and peoples lives, is a shallow, ignorant world view to have.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO