Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Larry's Trophy Leisure Suit(e).

This is a discussion on Larry's Trophy Leisure Suit(e). within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Congrats on the LEGO Hobbit plat dude...

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the LEGO Hobbit plat dude

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryAbel210 View Post
    Congrats for LEGO Hobbit plat, Larry!
    Ta Abel!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    Congratulations on the Hobbit platinum nice to read the update before that where you were losing motivation to be followed by an updated post with the platinum comment... Way to go man.

How was that playing with your son? My daughter is 3 and she has played Critter Crunch, Sponge Bob, and Putty Squad with the analog and pressing . Last night was funny because she would die and get to the loser screen so she would punch me and say "Not Again!" Fun times. Do you pick up any kid games at all?
    Cheers Yoo_Hoo, I'll shamefully,tenuously link your comment about the update on losing motivation to plug my new article about my on/off relationship with Platinum Trophies: My So-Called Platinum Life.. Have a read if you get the chance, all feedback is welcomed!

It was great to play games with my son, he only recently turned 3 and is at that age where he 'gets it' a bit more. With Doki-Doki he just knew he had to flick things on screen to find the presents, and he kept flinging NPCs about and giggling his head off. Other than that, I let him have a crack at Injustice in training mode (he loves Batman and Superman) and he did well. He was also obsessed with throwing batarangs at Robin in Lego Batman 2. For some reason, that was brilliantly funny. Apart from the Lego games, I don't really have many kid's games yet. There are a slew of classic platformers that I will be introducing him to properly in the next year though.

Quote Originally Posted by Javro_07 View Post
    Congrats on the Hobbit plat LDA!

You'll be passing me in no time at this rate.
    Cheers Javro, I don't think I'll be keeping this rate up much longer, but then I said that for the last few so what do I know!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Congrats on the LEGO Hobbit plat dude
    Thank you Good Sir!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    Apart from the Lego games, I don't really have many kid's games yet. There are a slew of classic platformers that I will be introducing him to properly in the next year though.
    Gotta get him to play some Sonic and play Sonic 2 with him even if the multiplayer is a little iffy. And who doesn't like beating up on Robin!?

Flesh is heretic /
    My body is a witch /
    I am burning it

Hello

Venire, Videre, Vince

Good job Larry, running through those recent platinos!

Keep up the good work man!

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Español

Puns always intended.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyMirror View Post
    Gotta get him to play some Sonic and play Sonic 2 with him even if the multiplayer is a little iffy. And who doesn't like beating up on Robin!?
    When he was a bit younger he held the other controller for Tails as I played Sonic 2, kept him entertained for a bit! Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by xEl_Cidx View Post
    Good job Larry, running through those recent platinos!

Keep up the good work man!
    Thanks man, we shall see if it continues!

Forget I Was Ever Here

I'll check out the link you added...This Putty Squad is a game my daughter enjoyed as well as Critter Crunch. Oh how about Disney Infinity or that Battleforce with the little people like Infinity, I'm sure those would be great too.

It is time for me to go underground

Puns always intended.

I'll check out the link you added...This Putty Squad is a game my daughter enjoyed as well as Critter Crunch. Oh how about Disney Infinity or that Battleforce with the little people like Infinity, I'm sure those would be great too.

Ta for the recommendations Yoo_Hoo, been tempted by Disney Infinity, especially with the Marvel ones on the way. Could always pop it on the Christmas list for me and my son! hehe.

Puns always intended.

Trophies have dried up a bit this week, but I've played a few things so I thought I'd do a little weekly roundup.

Lego Harry Potter on Vita kept crashing on me so I uninstalled it for now, going back to it later.

Borderlands 2 on Vita made me sad, i had hoped for a better port than the one I played, but alas, contender for worst game of 2014 just because it's that shoddy in comparison to its console sibling.

Tearaway on the other hand, was a joy to play, I only rented it so I'll be going back to it when it's on Plus/or really dirt cheap. I love platformers, and this was a well designed, fun platformer.

Revisited DmC: Devil May Cry as I haven't finished the story on this account. I have a soft spot for this game, the combat just feels right to me.

Have enjoyed playing Fez on the Vita and PS4, smart little platformer.

Once again, I returned to Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes after watching the Kojima Gamescom interview. I'm still finding new ways to mess about in this game after 40 hours between my accounts. Short in story it may be, but GZ is full of gameplay. Yet to play anything better in 2014.

Massively impressed with the P.T. demo for Silent Hills. I'm a big fan of horror in all its forms and this delivered a brilliantly uneasy, bewildering horror experience. I don't get easily unnerved by this sort of thing, but P.T. gave me the heebie-jeebies. Buggeringly hard puzzle though!

Also of note, I have a new game to play from tomorrow, action RPG; Bound By Flame. I have very little knowledge of it beyond that, but it's nice to just jump into games you wouldn't normally consider. Some of my favourite games have been discovered that way.

Forget I Was Ever Here

Have fun with Bound by Flame haha I'm sure you'll have a blast!!!! I don't have the game anymore or I would have made the guide but know if you are going for the plat you only have to playthrough twice. Once as a girl once as a guy taking different routes as in being demon like and being human.

Puns always intended.

Have fun with Bound by Flame haha I'm sure you'll have a blast!!!! I don't have the game anymore or I would have made the guide but know if you are going for the plat you only have to playthrough twice. Once as a girl once as a guy taking different routes as in being demon like and being human.
    Thanks for the advice man, I don't think I'll be going for the plat on this one though. A decent game in many ways, but a bit bum in the voiceover department (apart from Robin Atkin-Downes, he pulls off poor dialogue like no other), and a bit 'Demon's Souls lite' in gameplay terms. Not a bad game really, just middling where it matters. Great musical score though!

Forget I Was Ever Here

You can be honest and say it sucks. The gameplay was a copy of a few different games that didn't work out to well for them like the camera panning and the mechanics just weren't solid. Having enemies that attack 2 different ways is STUPID! I preordered it and was stoked to play it which quickly went downhill but wow there was a lot to analyze and see what went right and wrong helps out a lot and encourages designers like me a that we can build a rpg of some sort. Great musical score lol.

Puns always intended.

You can be honest and say it sucks. The gameplay was a copy of a few different games that didn't work out to well for them like the camera panning and the mechanics just weren't solid. Having enemies that attack 2 different ways is STUPID! I preordered it and was stoked to play it which quickly went downhill but wow there was a lot to analyze and see what went right and wrong helps out a lot and encourages designers like me a that we can build a rpg of some sort. Great musical score lol.

Well, I'm still playing it so I was reserving full judgement on it, but yeah, it's not great as games go, like I said, the ideas are there, just not in the right order. I did wonder if it was just me being shit at the game where combat was concerned, nice to know different! The response time is treacle incarnate at times, not to mention the difficulty spikes for no apparent reason. The boss battles for instance, are a piece of piss compared to most regular encounters. I really do like the music! Has a nice Celtic vibe to it.

I'm learning game design myself and I like playing games like this and Murdered: Soul Suspect, where you see what they were going for, but can pick apart, as you said, where they go right and wrong with it.
    Murdered for example, ranges from below average to frankly terrible on mechanics, dialogue, voice acting, design and presentation, but I can't bring myself to truly dislike it as it also does some really cool things with the premise, and it tells a decent story to boot. Just annoying that so many things seem unfinished and/or forgotten.

Puns always intended.

So I ditched Bound By Flame as yes, it was a bit shit, then what should appear next but Watch_Dogs! And boy, do I want to talk about it.

I have tried very, very hard to like Watch_Dogs. The hype was never a factor to me, I called it as being an average game with a big promotional push from the start, so I held no real expectations. The good bits are probably worth mentioning at this point. Atmospherically, it nails that city feel perfectly, some of the music is pretty cool, bikes handle better than most sandbox city games manage, and the hack stuff is fun for a bit, but...

... Aiden is an awful character, as well as a shitty human being.

Stealth , while alright in the city, is fiddly as hell during indoor missions

2 hours in, and the ''interesting facts'' about people already repeat.

Cars handle like blocks of ice covered in oil.

Combat is piss-poor. It may not be priority, but they could do it better.

For all the '' fresh '' ideas and modern setting, it still reminds me strongly of Assassin's Creed.

Mission templates (do this, get chased, escape) make GTA's structure of go here, do this, survive, repeat, look positively groundbreaking.

Aiden steers like Feral on a bender.

Watch_Dogs is a well produced game, no doubt about it, but it falls over itself in its attempts to one-up the competiton. It is not awful as games go, but Christ in a Ford Cortina, it is incredibly pedestrian.
    I make no secret of the fact I'm a huge GTA fan, but I can assure you my opinion on Watch_Dogs is down to Watch_Dogs' own shortcomings rather than any affection for Rockstar's gem of a series.

Of course, I may come back to this in years to come and change my mind, a la Fallout 3, but I don't see a classic here in any way, shape or form right now.

PRO Member

While I haven't played Watch Dogs, from everything I've seen I have a very similar opinion. It has never caught my eye or interested me in any way in any moment since it's announcement up until now. I might someday rent it but I don't think it'll change my mind.

I'm glad to see you're still playing Ground Zeroes, I still play it from time to time myself and I keep finding new ways to complete it. I'm warning you though, get ready for me to invade your base in The Phantom Pain.

I'd love to play PT but I can't handle it. I watched some gameplay of it and I was good until I saw that "baby" in the bathroom which reminded me of the movie Eraserhead. Damn you Kojima and David Lynch.

Puns always intended.

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    While I haven't played Watch Dogs, from everything I've seen I have a very similar opinion. It has never caught my eye or interested me in any way in any moment since it's announcement up until now. I might someday rent it but I don't think it'll change my mind.

I'm glad to see you're still playing Ground Zeroes, I still play it from time to time myself and I keep finding new ways to complete it. I'm warning you though, get ready for me to invade your base in The Phantom Pain.

I'd love to play PT but I can't handle it. I watched some gameplay of it and I was good until I saw that "baby" in the bathroom which reminded me of the movie Eraserhead. Damn you Kojima and David Lynch.

I was really hoping I would be wrong about Watch_Dogs being a bang-average title with sparkly hype-juice poured over its head, but there it is, being average, soaked through with hype-juice, dying of hypothermia. At one point, I felt it would be a better game than Infamous Second Son, in the space of minutes I had changed my mind. It just unravels all of a sudden.

The smaller games have ruled this year so far, bar maybe Ground Zeroes and South Park, and that's fine by me, just a bit troubling for the AAA side of modern gaming. I'm really hoping Destiny is going to be great, if not, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel will no doubt right the gaming wrongs of 2014 for me. Otherwise, Phantom Pain is my only safe bet left for now.

I love Ground Zeroes. It's sad to state that a game widely perceived as an over-priced demo by the masses is currently my Game Of 2014. Its a fine game, but should be nowhere close to being GOTY in any normal year. Kojima has produced two of my favourite gaming experiences of the year and neither were ''proper'' games. Says more about the industry being slow off the mark than anything else.
    Be warned man, my Mother Base be heavily fortified with Goats and Wolves!

On to P.T. (One of those two favourite experiences) It is deeply unsettling. That baby in the sink bit hit me harder than I expected, having a son has softened my Horror core when it comes to stuff involving kids. The Walking Dead Season 1 had me tearing up with Duck, and later, the Clementine and Lee finale. It just hits home harder when you have someone you truly don't want to ever see in such situations.
    Anyway, I tried to go through P.T. again yesterday and still got caught off guard by the woman appearing despite seeing it countless times. That I still feel unsettled by that game after several attempts and much frustration is a testament to the quality of the package.

Puns always intended.

Update time!

MILESTONE MOMENT - Trophy 4,500 is Day Tripper, earned in Smart As...

So, been a slooow crawl on trophies in August after the manic July I had, but I did manage to hit a target by the end of the month. I finally reached the 4,500 trophy mark. It's still a long way to the hallowed ground of 5,000 before the year ends, but I will try and get as close as possible.

Still no closer to a 20th Platinum. Lego Harry Potter is by far the most tedious Lego game I've played so far, so that has been ditched for now. XCOM has seen me screw up massively at the midway point of the campaign, meaning I will be starting again... at some point.
    Other than those two, nothing else is really getting me enthused enough to Plat it right now. The fail-safe will likely be when I get The Walking Dead Season 1 on PS4 or The Wolf Among Us retail disc should it get a bit close to the end of the year, so not to worry!

Just ordered three older PS3 games on the cheap (£4.56 in total). Fallout New Vegas and Alpha Protocol (both of which I have never played) as well as Sports Champions again (so my son can have a go at it). Probably a bad time to order them with a Plus update, and Destiny (which I also paid off for a rather reasonable £33 on PS4 this week) on the horizon, but I really wanted to play New Vegas before I moved on from PS3.

My lovely Wife bought me a comfy leather effect beanbag chair to sit and play games on, rather than sit cross-legged on the floor and further damage my dodgy knees. I have an aversion to sitting on the sofa to play the PS3 and PS4. I honestly don't know why. Anyway, it's been bloody comfy so far!

Finally, I wrote a silly little article recently. You can find it here The Truth Behind Bad Videogame Movies!. It would be nice to hear what people think/suggest/critique. Same goes for my review of Blacklight: Retribution on the homepage. I do enjoy writing things for the site, but as many are aware, a lot of new stuff doesn't get seen all that often, and that's a drag for all involved. So I'm more likely to promote stuff here when I can. Sorry for that! Hehe.

Thanks for reading!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Congrats on reaching 4500 trophies.

Local Drunk

Congrats on hitting 4.500 Massive milestone.

No closer to your 20th plat, phew! Gives me a chance to catch up to you lol.

New Vegas has nothing on Fallout 3 but still a good game so hopefully you'll enjoy that. Got a few games coming your way, that'll keep you out of trouble

Have to go check out this new article of yours

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Puns always intended.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMardigan_88 View Post
    Congrats on reaching 4500 trophies.

Ta Mardi! Also thanks for reading the article too!

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Congrats on hitting 4.500 Massive milestone.

No closer to your 20th plat, phew! Gives me a chance to catch up to you lol.

New Vegas has nothing on Fallout 3 but still a good game so hopefully you'll enjoy that. Got a few games coming your way, that'll keep you out of trouble

Have to go check out this new article of yours
    Ta Feral!

I told you I'd stop getting them Plats soon enough! I'll wait till you pull level with mine and then go on another 5 Plats in a month run, hehe.

I won't be too bummed out if Fallout New Vegas isn't as good as Fallout 3, especially at the price of a pint!

Yeah, go and slag the article off man! hehe.

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    Ta Feral!

I told you I'd stop getting them Plats soon enough! I'll wait till you pull level with mine and then go on another 5 Plats in a month run, hehe.

I won't be too bummed out if Fallout New Vegas isn't as good as Fallout 3, especially at the price of a pint!

Yeah, go and slag the article off man! hehe.
    Lol true. Ha ha ha you would you bastard but if you do that you'll owe me some beer mate.

Well that's good and shit can't be too unhappy with anything that cheap.

Ha ha ha I will, watch me run that into the ground

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast