Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Geoffx37's Trophy Wall

This is a discussion on Geoffx37's Trophy Wall within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Just got the Tomb Raider Plat. Only took 4 days! I've decided I want to play Injustice: Gods Among Us ...

To Be Announced

Just got the Tomb Raider Plat. Only took 4 days!

I've decided I want to play Injustice: Gods Among Us despite my aversion to fighter games, so hopefully I can get that in the next few days before I go on my 3-week vacation.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

To Be Announced

Updated the layout just a little bit. Been playing Injustice, up to 60%. I only have 3 days left until I go on vacation for 3 weeks, so my progress is going to fall waaaay behind on it. I added it to the checklist as a work-in-progress, but I'm not sure I'll get the Plat for it. I'm not that great with fighting games and between the "Impossible!" battle challenge and getting all the stars in the S.T.A.R. lab, I think I've hit a roadblock. Oh well, it's really fun and that's what gaming is all about, right?
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

To Be Announced

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    Yeah fighting games are tough for beginners (as far as I know, anyway; not really my thing). You could probably find some like, instructional videos and stuff on youtube if you want.

Who's your favorite character so far anyway? Heard it has a HUGE cast.
    There was a huge learning curve when I started last Tuesday, but by last night I was holding up pretty well against people. The only place that's not "fun" is going into ranked random match and you pretty much always get stuck with the person who a.) probably has a turbo controller, b.) has been playing fighting games every day for his entire life, and c.) has a win/loss ratio of 1000 to 5. Either way, it took me a few days, but I really enjoy it for being my first true fighter, once I got past all the annoyances. I'm gonna definitely have to use YouTube or something for the challenges, cause 75% of them aren't even combat related!

The cast is pretty fair, though. I never in my life thought I would put Aquaman and "awesome" in the same sentence, but he's my main. Surprisingly, I'm also getting really good with Hawkgirl. The cheapest players I've encountered always seem to play as Deathstroke (due to all his ranged gun moves), Harley (to a lesser extent than Deathstroke, but the ones that spam here use her ranged guns, too) and Batman.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

PRO Member

Loving the style of your checklist, great stuff

WORLD No3 100% COMPLETION...22HRS AND 13 MINUTES

WORLD FASTEST 100% COMPLETION...22HRS AND 13 MINUTES
    Like my Facebook pagehttps://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Pe...95689327232473

To Be Announced

I give up on getting the Platinum for Injustice. I'm at level 75, but I don't have the time or energy to grind out the millions and millions of experience needed to get to 100. Also, the S.T.A.R. Labs are just too much for me, especially since this is my first (and most likely last) fighter. I hate them. I'm at a nice, even 75% and I think I'll be stopping there. I'm ready to play something else already.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

To Be Announced

I'm on vacation right now, but in my downtime at my friend's apartment I decided to play Crysis. Ended up getting the Platinum in two nights. That'll be the last trophy I get for two more weeks, though. The real vacation is about to kick off!
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

-i- love myself.

Congrats on the Crysis , 1 more until you hit 70 's! Hope you enjoy your vacation.

To Be Announced

Just got Platinum #70: Mass Effect! Finally cracked down on it in the last week and got it over with!

Starting Resident Evil: Revelations tomorrow. I really, really, really hope it doesn't disappoint (fortunately, I've heard good things). RE6 nearly killed my enthusiasm for the franchise, which I've been with since the beginning...
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the Mass Effect platinum man

-i- love myself.

Congrats on the Mass Effect !

To Be Announced

So an update, I suppose. Played Resident Evil Revelations from release date, got a bunch of trophies... but grinding to Level 50 along with the 10,000 kills... I lost complete interest. I was one level away from S-ranking all the Abyss stages, too, but I didn't care. That game was such a burn out.

From there, I moved onto The Last of Us. First playthrough was great, no hiccups, got all the collectible trophies; started NG+ to finish maxing out Joel and weapons, hit Chapter 9... it froze. Reset the game, continued. Froze. Over and over and over for a total of 8 times. So, long story short, I backed up my save and I'm sending the game back tomorrow. I love the game, but being riddled with bugs and wearing my PS3 to the point it sounds like it's going to explode, I'm done. Maybe when the inevitable GOTY version comes out, I'll pick it up (I never even tried the multiplayer).

I think it's fair to say that my enthusiasm for "going for Platinums" is worn out. It started with the Tomb Raider grind, accentuated by the Injustice grind, shoved even further by the RE Revelations grind... and now this. I think I'm back to just enjoying games for what they are without caring about trophies, because it seems that, in trying to get them, I've come to be sickened by the various games themselves and never want to touch them again! Ugh. If a game has a Platinum that doesn't require an obnoxious, 100-hour grind (or stupid multiplayer requirements) then I'll probably still go for the Plat, like Deadpool, but other than that, bleh.

Anyway, the checklist is updated. Looking forward to Deadpool next week!
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

To Be Announced

So finally updated this after months and months. I think I'm missing a game or two, but oh well. For the most part, everything's up to date now!
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

4100 trophies, 73 plats, looking good Geoff, keep up the great work mate

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

To Be Announced

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    4100 trophies, 73 plats, looking good Geoff, keep up the great work mate
    Thanks, buddy! Wish I could get some of the Plats on the games I've given up on; that list is getting too long, but I just don't have the time to put in as much anymore.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

To Be Announced

Got Plat #74 for Deadpool. I don't know what's up with the trophy syncing with the site lately, so it still hasn't updated, but hey, it's done. Wasn't as bad of a game as everyone seems to suggest. Now I think I may be going for LEGO Marvel Superheroes (can't pass up something Marvel) or might actually try and finish X-Men Destiny so it's not sitting at 65% anymore and I can stop letting it bug me!
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

To Be Announced

Got Platinum #75 early this morning in Wolverine. I absolutely hated the movie when it came out but I'd heard the game wasn't half-bad and I was in an X-mood, so I rented it. Only took me a day and a half to get all the trophies, but hey, milestone!
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

To Be Announced

Haven't updated in this in a few months, so... updated! Currently working on Payday 2.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

Lvl 9 - Gold

First time here. Like the way you did your checklist. Great collection of Plats. Keep that collection growing.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910