Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Geoffx37's Trophy Wall

This is a discussion on Geoffx37's Trophy Wall within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by the Pirate King Yeah, the Sly Mini Games aren't that great but there was only 4 of ...

To Be Announced

Quote Originally Posted by the Pirate King View Post
    Yeah, the Sly Mini Games aren't that great but there was only 4 of them so it wasn't so bad.

I did really enjoy the Sly Collection when I played it though, much more than I thought I would.
    What bothers me about the Mini Games are that they're so easy that a trophy set is so... pointless. If anything, they should've attached the respective mini-game trophies to the individual game trophy lists. So dumb!

And I agree. This is my first exposure to Sly, and the first game was charming enough. The second is a bit repetitive already by the halfway point, but it's not bad; I can definitely appreciate the evolution between the two games. Hopefully I'm not burnt out by the time I start the 3rd one, though haha.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffx37 View Post
    Got the Sly Collection Wednesday morning; already have the Sly 1 Plat and am halfway through Sly 2. I just need to say, I hate that the "Sly Mini-Games" trophy set just gets automatically added without consent. ><
    Well congrats on your new plat man and no doubt you will have the 2nd one in here pretty damn soon .I personally wouldnt say i hate the mini games,they weren't fantastic dont get me wrong but they were ok for a quick bunch of trophies.Good luck with the rest of the games mate.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

PRO Member

Congrats on Sly one. Fun games they are

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

To Be Announced

Well, just got the Sly 2 Plat. I have to say, I think I liked the first one better, primarily due to the pacing. I know the first game was relatively short (after all, did it in one evening) but, to me, the sequel felt overly long. In the back half, it seemed to suddenly drag and get crazy repetitive. And there were several times where I wanted to break my controller just because of how cheap something was--for instance, the mission where you have to retrieve the radios out of the 6 sleeping bears' mouths is SO easy, but I don't know what it was... I spent 45 minutes, literally, stuck trying to get out. I'd get through the 6 bears no problem and then it's a spire jump, a wall hook, and a ceiling hook away to the exit, but every single time he'd miss one of them no matter how I was pushing O for him to land it. It was infuriating haha. And not to mention the Murray missions where you have to drive the tank! Whoever designed the controls for that should be punished.

Back on point, however, the second one just felt like it overstayed its welcome. It was fun, but the first one did a better job at moving the story and gameplay along; although I did very much appreciate the pretty varied gameplay additions.

On to the third tomorrow!
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

Heavy Metal Rules!!!!!

Congrats on your Sly 2 plat good luck on Sly 3
    ****My Trophy Card****

Toggle Spoiler

Awesome Sig made by iGame
    Backblast's Platinum List

To Be Announced

Okay, so it takes a lot for me to give up on the Plat for a game. I've only given up on 5 (as compared to the 47 I have). But I think I'm going to quit on Sly 3. I can't even bring myself to finish the game; it's gotten sooo boring and I'm barely halfway through Episode 4 (the General Tsao fight). Aside from a few chuckle moments, I just can't find myself having any enthusiasm or fun to finish it (which is strange cause I dug the first 2). Not to mention some of the challenges I've tried are absolutely stupid, mainly having to battle the control scheme. Ugh. Maybe I'm just burnt out on Sly and the Gang, but good Lord...

I definitely know that whatever game I play next better not have a single element of stealth involved hah.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

Platinum Procrastinator

Sorry to hear you're burned out on Sly 3 but I felt the same way as well after playing all three in a row. It was probably my least favorite out of the trilogy and if I had my time back, I think I would of taken breaks in between each game. However, if you think that's bad, I really don't recommend playing all three Jak and Daxter games back to back to back. They make the Sly collection seem easy lol.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Okay, so it takes a lot for me to give up on the Plat for a game. I've only given up on 5 (as compared to the 47 I have). But I think I'm going to quit on Sly 3. I can't even bring myself to finish the game; it's gotten sooo boring and I'm barely halfway through Episode 4 (the General Tsao fight). Aside from a few chuckle moments, I just can't find myself having any enthusiasm or fun to finish it (which is strange cause I dug the first 2). Not to mention some of the challenges I've tried are absolutely stupid, mainly having to battle the control scheme. Ugh. Maybe I'm just burnt out on Sly and the Gang, but good Lord...

I definitely know that whatever game I play next better not have a single element of stealth involved hah.
    I can appreciate what your saying there mate.I too played the Sly trilogy back to back and while enjoyed them all,they did get a bit tedious at times and repetative but on the whole i enjoyed them.Sorry you feel different man,who knows,given a little time you may go back to it as it is a fairly easy plat.Hope you enjoy your next game mate

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

To Be Announced

I ended up sticking with it, got the Sly 3 Plat about an hour or so ago hah! So thankful to have my hands clean of it. I set aside the challenges all for today... none of them were a problem, got them done in an hour and a half. The irony.

Now, hopefully, I can push on to Darksiders or something. If I can nab Fall of Cybertron next week, I'll be working on that since I really dug War for Cybertron.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

To Be Announced

So I'm going for the Fall of Cybertron Platinum starting tomorrow. Since I finished Sly 3 I went back to work on MGS4's trophies and ended up getting every single one of them with the exception of the iPod songs one. I've done 2 of the 8 playthroughs, with the BBE run and Chicken run still looming, but I think I'm not going to attempt them for awhile. Gonna enjoy Fall and then apparently will be starting on Ultimate Alliance 2 when I'm done with it and then, finally, the original Darksiders.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

Platinum Procrastinator

Good luck on all of those games. Fall of Cybertron looks awesome and I'm debating on weather or not I should purchase it . Also, Darksiders is awesome in my opinion so hopefully you'll enjoy it as well.

Congrats on the Sly 3 plat mate,glad you decided to get it over and done with.And well done in MGS4 aswell,you seem to be making excellent progress there too

To Be Announced

Well, I just got the Transformers: Fall of Cybertron platinum and was the first person on the site here to get it. (Go me!)
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

PRO Member

Congrats on the transformers and nice job getting it first!

|
    |by Smashguy |

Well, I just got the Transformers: Fall of Cybertron platinum and was the first person on the site here to get it. (Go me!)
    Wow man, thats great to get it first so congrats on the plat and once again for getting it first. Keep up the great work as ever man

To Be Announced

Thanks guys! Been playing Darksiders over the weekend... only 3 trophies left: two easy clean-up ones and the Apocalyptic difficulty run. Kinda burnt out on the game to do another runthrough, but I'm itching to hit platinum #50, so...
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

The One and Only

Good luck on your next plat!

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Platinum Procrastinator

Thanks guys! Been playing Darksiders over the weekend... only 3 trophies left: two easy clean-up ones and the Apocalyptic difficulty run. Kinda burnt out on the game to do another runthrough, but I'm itching to hit platinum #50, so...
    Good luck with Darksiders. Like you, I also had to do two playthroughs and wish I had of started on Apocalyptic on my first run. However, its still a great game so I didn't mind so much.

I look forward to seeing you reach the half century mark mate, best of luck with Darksiders

PRO Member

I say go for it! You're really close and hitting #50 is a great achie...trophy

|
    |by Smashguy |

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast