The Checklist, Asuka-Style

This is a discussion on The Checklist, Asuka-Style within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Click on the button corresponding the section you wish to view. To return to the top of the checklist, click ...

derezzed.

The Checklist, Asuka-Style

Click on the button corresponding the section you wish to view. To return to the top of the checklist, click on one of the [top] icons located throughout the checklist.

What is there to say about me? I'm 28 years old and grew up on the southside of Chicago. I work as a Quality Control Chemist/Manager at a foundry company - basically, I make sand core additives to help make better metal castings. I know...it probably makes no sense whatsoever. I got my Bachelor's Degree in chemistry at Notre Dame (GO IRISH!) and just finished up my graduate work for my chem Master's Degree at Illinois State University. I love messing around in Photoshop, rollerblading, snowboarding, and watching sports - my favorite teams/athletes are the Packers (NFL), Cubs (MLB), Blackhawks (NHL), Rush (AFL), and Jeff Gordon (NASCAR). I've also been on staff at the fourth largest anime and video game convention in North America, Anime Central, since 2008. It's been a blast, and I'm looking forward to doing it again this May! Also, if you can't tell by looking at 99.99% of my posts, my favorite color is blue - YAY BLUE!!!!

In terms of gaming, I've been at it for over 20 years. My first game was Pong, and my first system was an Atari. A favorite game of mine as a kid was Oregon Trail on the Apple II...even today I play it (in all of it's 8-bit-quality graphics/sound glory) on an emulator. Farmers from Illinois FTW! However, my favorite game of all-time is the awesome Xenogears on the PS1, and RPGs in general will always be #1 to me. Other than that, I used to compete in Soul Calibur II, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, and Dance Dance Revolution, but gave that up to focus more on school. I still do small tournaments here and there, but no where near as much as I used to. Today, I play a little bit of everything. My only exception is that I hate third-person shooters that aren't in the Gears franchise. I don't know...I just can't stand the third-person perspective. Otherwise, I like just about everything! Oh - one more thing! My gaming name, Asuka424, comes from two things: 4/24 is my birthday, and Asuka is a nickname I've had since early on in high school. Asuka is one of the main characters from the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion - not only do we have the same hair color, but our personalities are nearly identical!

On each header, I've listed the trophy breakdown that I currently have (which may include DLC trophies), as well as the platinum icon and how challenging I thought the platinum was (1=very easy, 10=nearly impossible). I've also included comments about the game, as well as highlights on certain trophies within the spoilers. Enjoy!

I really liked the first game, so I got this as soon as I could. Although there are a few annoying trophies in this game, there isn't anything that is terribly challenging. I just wish the game was longer than it turned out to be.

text

Getting to level 50 (as most people would say) was the most annoying thing to do in this game. Although this is more of a "journey is more important than the destination" game, it was still pretty fun. Even now I'm still playing the DLC for this game!

[top]

[top]

All I'm going to say is to blame this trophy on a Site Competition. Seriously...let's just back away slowly, don't make eye contact, and pretend this one isn't here. We'll forget this ever happened and go on with our merry ways. See? That wasn't hard, now was it...? Oh look - a distraction!

Simply put...here's the list of games that I've earned 100% completion on. Clicking the game image will take you to its trophy guide.

Here's a listing of the guides I've written. Click on the images to be taken to the actual guide.

Here you'll find all of the site trophies I've earned during my time here.

I Call This Place Home
    Be an active forum member for 2 years

Trophy Level 20
    Achieve trophy level 20 on your PSN account

It's Getting to Be More than a Little Hobby
    Achieve 25 platinums on your PSN account

Community Star
    Write three unique trophy guides for use on the site

So, This Is What It Feels Like
    Achieve 10 platinums on your PSN account

I'm Considering Rehab, No Joke
    Achieve 50 platinums on your PSN account

I Ain't Going Nowhere
    Be an active forum member for 1 year

Trophy Level 15
    Achieve trophy level 15 on your PSN account

I Am Getting Comfortable Here
    Be an active forum member for 6 months

Trophy Level 10
    Achieve trophy level 10 on your PSN account

These are the people I want to thank for a variety of reasons: help on the site, being a great friend, keeping things around here, whatever. Some of these members are no longer on this site, and some of them are still here but under a different name. Thank you soooo much!!

SgtMzzBuzz| NeroRadec707 | Nagflar | Tommy RKO | LeeMcD | ssj2razor | MannyCalavera | Allenbird | Yotsuba | G-rey | Hitman | mritual | Skordy | GotItMemorized | Kerwan_Ratchet

Last edited by Asuka; 10-30-2013 at 08:13 PM.

Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow.
    Self-Indulgence|How to Ban|ExDesigns

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Great checklist. Your checklist on the other site was

How come I'm not in the accolades group?

derezzed.

Because I'm in the process of rebuilding it.

Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow.
    Self-Indulgence|How to Ban|ExDesigns

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

I'm there now! Why thank you!

*Gives Asuka hug*

Lvl 4 - Silver

i like the controller index, its pretty smart

Visit my trophy checklist
    Forum Version

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I love the Blackhawks + Bruins..haha. Tho I'm kinda ashamed my steelers lost to your packers =(. Back on topic..I really like this checklist and can't wait to see the improved version XD
    All credit goes to Athena
    Got last.fm? http://www.last.fm/user/Metal_Queen666
    All credit goes to Auburn

Lvl 4 - Silver

Wow this is a really good Checklist, i can't wait until it's finished

....IoS King....

That's a pretty nice checklist....definately unique....