Aspernatio's Identity Overload

This is a discussion on Aspernatio's Identity Overload within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Banner Created by Alison [top] Table of Contents: Bio Latest Platinum Goals for 2012 Platinum Trophies PSN 100% Games Working ...

Identity Overload

Aspernatio's Identity Overload

Banner Created by Alison

[top]Table of Contents:

Bio
    Latest Platinum
    Goals for 2012
    Platinum Trophies
    PSN 100% Games
    Working On
    Wish List

[top]Bio

With the passing of the PST3 apocalypse, I figured it would be a good time give my checklist a change. With the addition of some new Platinum trophies, now seems like the best opportunity.

I first got into hunting trophies since the first time I heard about them. At the time I was playing my 360 more because of achievements. Then I downloaded Super Star Dust HD and have been a trophy hunter ever since.

I've been on this site since July '10 when I was looking for a way to boost NOOSE for GTA IV. I'm moderately active on the forums, but I do pop in once and a while. Met some great people, got some really good help for boosting trophies, and in turn gave some help to boost trophies. Without this community I know I wouldn't have nearly all the PLatinums I do.

As for Platinums, I find I enjoy trophy hunting by selecting games that are difficult and challenging to achieve, then some that are fun, quick simple but that are fun to me as the player. I am not a fan of grinding trophies and while I have some games that did require grinding, they were entertaining enough to play through to the end.

[top]Latest Platinum

Dead Space

Concodrance Officer
    Date Achieved: December 23, 2011
    Percentage: 100%
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: Marksman January 4, 2009
    Last Trophy: Maxed Out December 23, 2011
    "**** This" Trophy: Ragdoll Check December 21, 2011

When I bought this game I knew to expect a few startles and some good suspense, what I did not expect was to get really involved in the game and the lore of Dead Space. From great environmental effects to a gripping story line I just couldn't put it down. I don't say this all that often about EA game, but great job guys. After I beat the game on hard and found out there was another difficulty waiting for me I kinda put it on the back burner and there it sat. This Platinum has been a long time coming.

[top]Goals for 2012

30 Platinum Trophies
    24 of 30 - 80%

Trophy Level 17

Catch up on some Platinum Trophies That Have Been on Hold for Over 6 Months
    • Dead Space
    • Dead Space 2
    • Dead Space Extraction
    • Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2

Catch up on some PSN Games That Have Been on Hold for Over 6 Months
    • Secret of Monkey Island
    • Monkey Island 2
    • Tales from Monkey Island: Chapter 1
    • Tales from Monkey Island: Chapter 2
    • Tales from Monkey Island: Chapter 3
    • Plants Vs. Zombies
    • Super Stardust HD

To Reach 2000 Trophies

1561 of 2000 - 79.05%

[top]Platinum Trophies

Resident Evil 5

RESIDENT EVIL 5 Platinum Trophy
    Date Achieved: March 29, 2009
    Percentage: 73%
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: Stop, Drop, & Roll March 13, 2009
    Last Trophy: Lead Asprin March 29, 2009
    "**** This" Trophy: Lead Asprin March 29, 2009

I always loved the Resident Evil series, but I found this one a little lack luster. It wasn't a total disappointment though, I did get to see the return of Chris Redfield, who is my favorite character in the series. Then there was the return of Wesker which I also enjoyed very much. Co-op worked well and was better than playing alone, thanks to horrible partner AI. The work for Platinum was easy, but a good steeping stone into becoming a better hunter.

The Godfather II

Platinum Trophy
    Date Achieved: May 11, 2009
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: MobFace May 4, 2009
    Last Trophy: It's Only Business May 11, 2009
    "**** This" Trophy: None

Had a couple of extra dollars, saw this at a Game Stop, decided to get it not really knowing more than it was loosely based on a movie, that is loosely based on books. Popped it and started playing it for fun, then I figured I'd take a look at the trophy list. Still rolling off on getting the RE5 Platinum I went on the hunt. I was able to get all trophies and Platinum in only one play-through. So not that hard, but boosted my confidence and left me wanting more.

God of War

Trophy of Zues
    Date Achieved: March 7, 2010
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: 1.21 Gigawatts December 2, 2010
    Last Trophy: Speed of Jason McDonald March 7, 2010

After playing the original on PS2 countless times, this was defiant purchase. Not having achieve Platinum on any game for almost a year I went after this one. I ran through in no time collecting most of the trophies in one go, some clean up trophies and Challenge of the Gods. Then a speed run through and just like that I had another Platinum to add to my collection.

Dante's Inferno

Master of the Inferno
    Date Achieved: March 22, 2010
    Percentage: 84%
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: Slaughter at Acre February 9, 2010
    Last Trophy: Gates of Hell March 22, 2010
    "**** This" Trophy: Poetry in Motion March 21, 2010

For a clone of God of War this game wasn't really that bad. Interesting take on the Divine Comedy by Dante and it actually worked. Overall the game wasn't that difficult and the Platinum gave me a little challenge, but far from the hardest Platinum on my list. They left it open and there is two more parts to the Divine Comedy so I'll be interested to see if there are sequels coming. I'm kinda hoping so.

Red Dead Redemption

Legend of the West
    Date Achieved: June 1, 2010
    Percentage: 75%
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: That Government Boy May 18, 2010
    Last Trophy: How the West Was Won June 1, 2010

Rockstar released this as a sequel to Red Dead Revolver and they did an amazing job with it. Great characters, great story, and even a morale at the end of it all. A lot of people didn't seem to like the end of the game, but I thought it was very fitting. Multiplayer was very well done and addictive, from time to time I take a break from my hunting and pop this one in to enjoy the multiplayer. If you haven't played this game yet what the Hell are you waiting for?

Final Fantasy XIII

Ultimate Hero
    Date Achieved: July 5, 2010
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: Instrument of Fate April 17, 2010
    Last Trophy: Treasure Hunter July 5, 2010
    "**** This" Trophy: Treasure Hunter July 5, 2010

The legendary Final Fantasy series has had it's ups and downs. From pure gems as Final Fantasy VI and VII to releasing the steaming pile of crap that is Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. Final Fantasy XIII was one of the better games in the series and even though I had a hard time following the story. The road to Platinum wasn't that bad and offered a good challenge, all except for Treasure Hunter. Spent two days looking for one item, what a relief when that trophy finally popped.

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Platinum Trophy
    Date Achieved: May 16, 2011
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: Freeflow Combo 5 August 26, 2009
    Last Trophy: Perfect Knight May 16, 2011

Being a big fan of Batman this was a natural choice for my collection. Using the voice actors from the popular animated series gave a depth to the game that brought back a lot of nostalgia. The combat system was well intuitive and feels natural. Making complex looking moves easily done in one or two button presses. This game is by far one of the best out there hands down.

Assassins Creed II

Master Assassin
    Date Achieved: May 20, 2011
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: Birth of an Assassin November 18, 2009
    Last Trophy: Show your Colors May 20, 2011

I pre-ordered this from my local Game Stop for the 360 and when I went to go pick it up I had a change of heart and picked it up for my PS3 instead. I couldn't have made a better decision, I was sold on getting the Platinum. As I was making my way through the first time my game glitched and some how I missed three story related trophies. I put the game down for some time and essentially forgot about it. I remembered it as I was going through my games that I was close to Platinum on. One quick play through and it popped.

God of War II

Trophy of Gaia
    Date Achieved: May 23, 2011
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: Resurrection December 6, 2009
    Last Trophy: You Know the Germans Make Good Stuff... May 23, 2011
    "**** This" Trophy: Bleeding Thumbs May 21, 2011

The follow up to amazing game and even better than the first. Just like most of the games on my list I started it, put it aside and sometime down the road picked it back up to get the Platinum. I found this game to be better than the first and the fight with Icarus was very well done and I played that section a couple of times the first time through on the PS2.

God of War III

King of the Hill
    Date Achieved: May 25, 2011
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: Release the Floodgates March 16, 2010
    Last Trophy: Priceless May 25, 2011
    "**** This" Trophy: Hit Man May 24, 2011

The end of the trilogy and finally my chance to get Zeus, who really is a rat bastard. After two really great games on the PS2 I couldn't wait for the shear brutality that was going to take place on my PS3. Overall the game wasn't bad and Zeus finally got his, however, the emotional development that Santa Monica Studios gave Kratos seemed a tad bit unnecessary. In the end the story ended great and was left wide open. Wonder whats next.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Platinum
    Date Achieved: May 30, 2011
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: Defensive July 16, 2010
    Last Trophy: Fully Loaded May 30, 2011
    "**** This" Trophy: Samurai May 30, 2011

As far as X-Men go my favorite is Wolverine and I thought a rated M game with him in it might be fun. Some wheres along the line I forgot that 99% of all games made after movies are just about the worst things on the market. I'm glad I picked this up used with the intention of just boosting my Platinum numbers. This is one Platinum I can honestly say I that I was the whore and not the hunter.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

100% Complete
    Date Achieved: June 4, 2011
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: Frenzy August 20, 2009
    Last Trophy: Lightning Shield Mastery June 4, 2011

Been interested in this game ever since I first heard about it and then I finally got to play it. Not a bad game nor a great game it was, however, the game with the most glitches. The road to Platinum wasn't that strenuous and other than some grinding it was quite easy. This was the first Platinum I got for the June Trophy contest, in which the team I was on took second place.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Platinum
    Date Achieved: June 8, 2011
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: First Treasure August 8, 2008
    Last Trophy: Charted! - Crushing June 8, 2011
    "**** This" Trophy: Charted! - Crushing June 8, 2011

This was one of the first PS3 games I ever owned. First time playing it I was blown away, the graphics and game play far surpassed my expectations. Everything flowed so flawlessly that I forgot the fact that Naughty Dog wasn't making Jak and Daxter anymore. After I accomplished the game I put it away, then a patch for trophy support came along. I was convinced to get the Platinum, this was another one achieved for the June Trophy Competition.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Platinum
    Date Achieved: June 9, 2011
    Percentage: 73%
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: First Trophy October 20, 2009
    Last Trophy: 200 Kills: GAU - 19 June 9, 2011
    "**** This" Trophy: Charted! - Crushing November 3, 2009

This game proved to be far better than it's predecessor bringing new environments and an engaging story. Then a great single player game that came along with multi-player, which actually wasn't that bad at all surprisingly. This marks the first game I have ever taped a button down so I didn't have to sit there to get a trophy to pop.

inFamous

inFamous Platinum Trophy
    Date Achieved: June 17, 2011
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: Good Eats June 13, 2009
    Last Trophy: Evil to the Core June 17, 2011
    "**** This" Trophy: Rockhound June 14, 2011

This game came out with a comic book feel and delivered right on the money. It was great all the way though, although I didn't find too much variation between good and evil story arcs. It was a decently easy Platinum, but the blast shards were a bitch to get. I spent three hours looking for 1 blast shard, it came down to going from block to block pressing R3.

Duke Nukem Forever

Savior of the Universe
    Date Achieved: June 24, 2011
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: Turd Burglar June 18, 2011
    Last Trophy: Balls of Steel June 24, 2011
    "**** This" Trophy: Balls of Steel June 24, 2011

After 10+ years we finally get to see a game that some never thought would see the light of day. Being a big fan of Duke 3D I had to get this one. I know the critics absolutely destroyed this game, but what can you expect from a game thats more or less pieced together from the many years of development. I enjoyed the game, now I'm just hoping for a true sequel that brings Duke into the modern age.

Grand Theft Auto IV

Taking a Liberty
    Date Achieved: August 3, 2011
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: Off the Boat November 10, 2008
    Last Trophy: Liberty City Minute August 3, 2011
    "**** This" Trophy: Endangered Species July 22, 2011

A trip back to Liberty City with a different protagonist and what seemed a step backwards from San Andreas. The first GTA with online multi-player and it wasn't that bad. The online trophies were a pain and boosting to level 10 took a decent chunk of time. Luckily there is a glitch that adds more money after you NOOSE for a bit, which makes it a little bit less off a hassle.

Heavy Rain

HEAVY RAIN Master
    Date Achieved: August 5, 2011
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: Interactive Drama February 23, 2010
    Last Trophy: Kamikaze August 5, 2011
    "**** This" Trophy: Kamikaze August 5, 2011

When I was watching trailers for this game I didn't really understand how it was going to work out. Then I got my copy and played it, I was instantly blown away. With multiple paths and many different endings it feels like you are in the directors chair. The animations and acting are very well done and realistic, it will be interesting to see what Quantum Dream comes out with next.

Dragon Age: Origins

The Ultimate Reward
    Date Achieved: October 9, 2011
    Percentage: 85%
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: Harrowed August 27, 2011
    Last Trophy: Master of Arms October 9, 2011
    "**** This" Trophy: Blight-Queller September 20, 2011

Being a big fan of Bioware games and having an extra $25 Game Stop gift card I went out and bought the Ultimate Edition. This game turned out to be a lot more than I expected. A great story mixed in with great RPG elements, a classic Bioware game. The game also tested the limits of my Fat PS3, freezing when I was trying to get Blight-Queller; luckily there is two spots to get this trophy. At some point I'm going to go back and finish up some of the DLC to get the 100%, for now it's on to the next one.

Resistance 2

Platinum Trophy
    Date Achieved: November 19, 2011
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: Recycler December 23, 2008
    Last Trophy: Master Spy November 19, 2011
    "**** This" Trophy: Killing Machine November 16, 2011

This was on my Christmas list for 2008 after playing the first and thinking it was a great game. I started playing through it and eventually got to multi-player, I was a bigger fan of co-op than competitive. Basically the single player wasn't too bad and co-op was quite fun. But on a very serious note the competitive multi-player is unbalanced and broken. I may not be the best at this game, but one thing I do know for sure: F*** the Wraith! This is the game that inspired the "**** This" Trophy section.

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time

The Lombax Triumphant
    Date Achieved: November 26th, 2011
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: Rude Awakening November 19th, 2011
    Last Trophy: Glutton for Punishment November 26th, 2011

This is my gf's game and I have never tried any Ratchet games prior to this and I'm seriously impressed. This was a great platformer and was able to restore a little faith in Insomniac for me after platting Resistance 2. The game was neither too hard or too long and I was about to plat in two playthroughs. A great game at a great time always refreshes my batteries to continue hunting the plats that require a little more than just sure fun and enjoyment.

Fallout: New Vegas

Platinum Trophy
    Date Achieved: November 29, 2011
    Percentage: 62%
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: Ain't That a Kick in the Head January 7, 2011
    Last Trophy: Hardcore November 29, 2011
    "**** This" Trophy: Artful Pocketer May 5, 2011

I never got into the Fallout series until I played Fallout 3 on the 360 and at first I never gave it a chance, honestly too much walking. After some time I tried it again and found the fun in it. So after last Christmas I got some gift cards and went video game shopping, normally I like to wait until a game like this comes with all the DLC bundled but I wanted to give this a shot so I got it. Although not as good as it's predecessor, but still a fun experience albeit full of glitches.

Dead Nation

Romero Would Be Proud
    Date Achieved: December 15, 2011
    Percentage: 83%
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: Suit Up June 10, 2011
    Last Trophy: Genocidiary December 15, 2011
    "**** This" Trophy: King of Looters December 14, 2011

When Sony did the Welcome Back program I was kinda stuck with my choice of two games seeing as I already owned three. I didn't hear much about this up until then and when I first played it I thought the difficulty was ridiculous. Yes the curve is steep, but once you get to the top it's really not that bad. Just some friendly advice, if you are trying to Plat this game seriously take the time to learn the curve, because Grim and Morbid are considerably easier alone.

Dead Space

Concodrance Officer
    Date Achieved: December 23, 2011
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: Marksman January 4, 2009
    Last Trophy: Maxed Out December 23, 2011
    "**** This" Trophy: Ragdoll Check December 21, 2011

When I bought this game I knew to expect a few startles and some good suspense, what I did not expect was to get really involved in the game and the lore of Dead Space. From great environmental effects to a gripping story line I just couldn't put it down. I don't say this all that often about EA game, but great job guys. After I beat the game on hard and found out there was another difficulty waiting for me I kinda put it on the back burner and there it sat. This Platinum has been a long time coming.

[top]PSN 100% Games

Linger In Shadows

Date Achieved: December 15, 2008
    Game Difficulty:
    100% Difficulty:
    First Trophy: Sigil Of Time December 15, 2008
    Last Trophy: Greetings To Madwizards December 15, 2008

Death Spank

Date Achieved: March 14, 2011
    Game Difficulty:
    100% Difficulty:
    First Trophy: Can't Kill Me August 17, 2010
    Last Trophy: Take Back The Knight March 14, 2011

Death Spank: Thongs Of Virtue

Date Achieved: March 22, 2011
    Game Difficulty:
    100% Difficulty:
    First Trophy: Orque Imposter March 14, 2011
    Last Trophy: A Tale Of Two Endings March 22, 2011

Tales Of Monkey Island: Chapter 4

Date Achieved: April 17, 2011
    Game Difficulty:
    100% Difficulty:
    First Trophy: Idiot of a Client April 17, 2011
    Last Trophy: Adieu, Adieu... April 17, 2011

Tales Of Monkey Island: Chapter 5

Date Achieved: April 17, 2011
    Game Difficulty:
    100% Difficulty:
    First Trophy: Grog, Grog, Grog! April 17, 2011
    Last Trophy: A Credit to Pirates Everywhere April 17, 2011

[top]Working On

Number Next One

80GB PS3 YLOD. Waiting on new one and no way to recover back up.

Batman: Arkham City

Percentage: 10%
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: I'm Batman November 29, 2011
    Last Trophy: Not Achieved

Darksiders

Percentage: 8%
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: Death Dealer October 15, 2011

Dead Space 2

Percentage: 48%
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: Taste of your own Medicine January 28, 2011

Dead Space Extraction

Percentage: 7%
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: Collector's Delight March 5, 2011

L.A. Noire

Percentage: 40%
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: Police Academy August 22, 2011

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2

Percentage: 34%
    Game Difficulty:
    Platinum Difficulty:
    First Trophy: Mission Accomplished April 25, 2010

[top]Wish List

Last edited by Aspernatio; 12-30-2011 at 07:23 PM.

Sig by Prosthetic | Platbar by In2 | Avatar by Alison

Nope, nothing

Nice checklist buddy, I'm really liking the layout you have got going on

Totally forgot Alison made that banner, seems like ages ago.

PRO Member

Great checklist. Your mini-review on FF13 gave me a good laugh

Sig by Bladia

The One and Only

Nice list. I hope you don't mind me stealing your identity for a bit

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

yet another great checklist with great reviews.bad luck on the ac 2 glitch though .awesome job mate

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Yankees And Packers <3

great checklist and great plats

Heavy Metal Rules!!!!!

Nice list and plats
    Good luck on your other games
    ****My Trophy Card****

Toggle Spoiler

Awesome Sig made by iGame
    Backblast's Platinum List

Identity Overload

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Nice checklist buddy, I'm really liking the layout you have got going on

Totally forgot Alison made that banner, seems like ages ago.
    Yeah she did a killer job, I'm thinking of updating with a vertical banner......not really sure about it though

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    Great checklist. Your mini-review on FF13 gave me a good laugh
    So you must've played Crystal Chronicles too then? I still can't believe I played it through to the end

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    Nice list. I hope you don't mind me stealing your identity for a bit
    You can have one of the many DaRe

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    yet another great checklist with great reviews.bad luck on the ac 2 glitch though .awesome job mate
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame808 View Post
    great checklist and great plats
    Quote Originally Posted by backblast View Post
    Nice list and plats
    Good luck on your other games
    Thanks guys........many more updates to come.

UPDATE: Added #23 Dead Nation
    Last edited by Aspernatio; 12-15-2011 at 08:25 AM.

Local Drunk

Nice checklist. You've got some really good plats. Congrats on platting Dead Nation, that game is forever going to sit at 1% on my stats.

Identity Overload

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Nice checklist. You've got some really good plats. Congrats on platting Dead Nation, that game is forever going to sit at 1% on my stats.
    Thanks.......as for Dead Nation it's actually quite addicting once you get into it. Just dive into the deep end thats what I did for it.

UPDATE:

#24 Dead Space

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Aspernatio View Post
    Thanks.......as for Dead Nation it's actually quite addicting once you get into it. Just dive into the deep end thats what I did for it.

UPDATE:

#24 Dead Space
    Yeah, I'll give it another shot once I finish or get sick of my new games.
    Congrats on platting Dead Space.