Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Parkerdip's Trophy Checklist

This is a discussion on Parkerdip's Trophy Checklist within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by Feral Congrats on platting Sly 1 mate Your trophy hunting year is off to a great start. ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Congrats on platting Sly 1 mate

Your trophy hunting year is off to a great start.
    Thanks mate I'm happy with the year so far!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Congrats on the Sly 1 platinum dude
    Thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by MadMardigan_88 View Post
    Congrats on the Sly Cooper Plat. It wont be long before everyone sees a Sly 2 Plat in your collection. Your years is starting off great.
    Thanks mate Shouldn't be long. Sly is quite easy. Sly 1 is the easiest platinum I have but they are good games so it doesn't matter about it being easy.

PRO Member

well at least you poms can still play something and win congrats on the plat..lol sorry couldn't resist.

Lvl 9 - Gold

New Platinum - #23!

Today I achieved my 23rd Platinum trophy!

Sly 2: Band of Thieves HD

I have now just earned my 3rd platinum trophy of the year and 23rd overall in the second game of the Sly trilogy, Sly 2: Band of Thieves!

This was my first time playing through this game thanks to Sony's 60% off discount. I think this is a better game than Sly 1 because I prefer the level structure and being able to play as Murray and Bentley with different abilities added to the gameplay and made it more fun to play.

This platinum took slightly longer than Sly 1 because I felt it to be a longer game which was better but the trophy list was still extremely easy.

It was earned on 21st January 2014 @ 20:47 GMT

It seems my trophy hunting year has got off to a good start as in the first month I have achieved 3 platinum trophies which is already half way to the total amount I earned last year!

Next will probably finish off the Trilogy with Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

PRO Member

congrats on the new platinum I loved that series was indeed fun to platinum

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by DrJackel666 View Post
    congrats on the new platinum I loved that series was indeed fun to platinum
    Thanks mate

It is a fun platinum to get

Lvl 9 - Gold

Trophy Review: January 2014

This is a new feature for my trophy checklist. Each month I will post a short review on the month in terms of games and trophy hunting. The first month is January 2014 which seems best time to start it as any as it's the first month of the year.

The month of January has been one of my most successful months in terms of trophy hunting as I earned 90 trophies which just falls short of my record 91 in March 2009. The main games I have been playing was Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus and Sly 2: Band of Thieves. Both those games were extremely easy and could earn lots of trophies. I still haven't got round to playing Sly 3 yet but I'll probably do that in February. The reason I got the Sly Trilogy is because Sony gave me a 60% discount code where I could pick up the games for 6.19 which seemed too good to turn down. The Sly Trilogy is turning out to be really good games that I didn't play on PS2 but I am starting to get into them even though they seem aimed at kids it's gameplay is fun for all.

I had also been playing FIFA 14 as FIFA is a game that I play pretty much all year round because I enjoy football and continuing my Christmas games of Gran Turismo 6 and Tomb Raider early in the month until I picked up Sly then it was just Sly for the rest of the month.

In terms of platinum trophies I earned 3 in January making it a very good start to 2014 as I already have half the amount I got last year. The platinum trophies earned in January are:

FIFA 14 - January 4th 2014
    Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus - January 12th 2014
    Sly 2: Band of Thieves - January 21st 2014

FIFA 14 is a special platinum as it is my first FIFA plat ever and I have had FIFA games on my trophy collection since 09 but FIFA 14 was probably the easiest to achieve.

Moving on to February I will probably try and complete Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves and maybe play more of the games I got for Christmas and start a proper playthrough of Far Cry 3 as I still haven't played that much yet. I have no plans to buy any new games for quite some time and hope to get through as much of my backlog as possible.

So that's it for January 2014 Trophy Review and I will try to do one for every month. Some month's will probably have more info than other's as it depends how much I play but this is a fairly big one as it's one of my best month's for trophies.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Congrats on the Sly Cooper 2 Plat. Nice review of January. Looks like I need to step it up. So many already have several Plats in one month and all I have is 1. LOL Could be worse. Could be none.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Congrats on the Sly Cooper 2 Plat. Nice review of January. Looks like I need to step it up. So many already have several Plats in one month and all I have is 1. LOL Could be worse. Could be none.
    Thanks mate.

Keep at it and the plats will come

Lvl 9 - Gold

Trophy Review: February 2014

Not much has been going on for me in terms of trophies in the month of February so this will be a very brief review.

I was mainly being addicted to playing on FIFA 14 Ultimate Team throughout almost the whole month of Feb building my team and playing matches so I have been quite short on the trophy front. Towards the end of the month I finally got round to playing Sly 3 and working on the trophy list but I could not complete it by the end so February 2014 is a platinum free month for me but I'm still holding a good record of 3 platinums so far this year.

I managed to earn 28 trophies in February all from Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves. March should mark another platinum there.

Again this is a very short review as after the huge January month I have slowed down. It's only natural that there are going to be a few short reviews as some month's are better than others.

Lvl 9 - Gold

New Platinum - #24!

Today I achieved my 24th Platinum trophy!

Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves HD

I have just earned my 4th platinum of the year and 24th in total from the 3rd and final Sly game of the collection that I got back in January. There is a bit of a gap between platinums here as I took a break during February from trophy collecting to play FIFA 14 Ultimate Team but later on in the month I decided to go back to Sly not abandoning it and finishing of the collection and now I am done with Sly Cooper.

Again this was the first time of me playing through Sly 3 and I did really enjoy it. Sly 3 wasn't quite as well received by critics as the first two games but still did well. In my opinion though it is possibly the best and most diverse one yet. The fact they added a load of new playable characters with their own special abilities made the gameplay much more diverse. For example you had the Guru who could possess enemies and run into things, Penelope who could using a RC car and helicopter, Panda King (boss in the first game, ally in 3rd) who could use fireworks as a weapon. You could even control Inspector Fox herself in some sections. I thought all this made the game much more fun and different from the past two. One of the best bits had to have been the pirate level where you could control a ship and destroy other ships felt a bit like Assassin's Creed even though ofcourse Sly came first.

The platinum was in my opinion the hardest of the three due to the challenges which were fun but some were annoying and really challenging especially the bosses Tsao and Dr M.

It was earned on March 3rd 2014 @ 02:11

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the Sly 3 platinum man. I started it years ago but couldn't finish it, after playing the first 2 Sly games in quick succession I got burned out on this one. Its still on the shelf waiting to be platted

Lvl 9 - Gold

Congrats on the Sly 3 platinum man. I started it years ago but couldn't finish it, after playing the first 2 Sly games in quick succession I got burned out on this one. Its still on the shelf waiting to be platted
    Thanks mate, I too got burned out from getting platinum on the first two Sly games in quick succession. Played FIFA for a month and went back to finish it off. As i say I do think Sly 3 is possibly the best because of the variety in gameplay.

Lvl 9 - Gold

New Platinum - #25!

Today I achieved my 25th Platinum trophy!

Gran Turismo 6

Continuing the good run of platinums with my 5th platinum of 2014 and 25th in total! I have now hit the quarter of a century and it is a good one to mark the occasion with Gran Turismo 6, one of the three games I got for Christmas 2013.

GT6 is my second GT game with my first being Gran Turismo 5. That game I found practically impossible to platinum due to it being way above my skill level for sim racing games. However this game was like 10x easier than that game for getting platinum with hardly any trophies giving me trouble. The only real difficulty I had was with getting the S-License all gold almost made me rage but I had some helpful tips from SmashGuy and Yoo_Hoo_Sniper so thanks for that. There was also a very long grind to 7903miles which went round the long Special Stage track like 300 times to get now glad I can finally move on.

The game itself is very similar to GT5 couldn't really tell much difference personally but I still enjoyed the game and preferred the career mode structure and that stupid B-Spec mode is gone.

The platinum was earned on 23rd March 2014 @ 19:11 GMT

I'm currently unsure as to what to play next but in just the first quarter of the year I have earned 5 platinums, the same amount that I earned throughout the whole of 2010 and just 1 away from matching last year!

Oh and another thing, this platinum made my trophy level advance into LEVEL 17!

Retired...

It's my duty to help you. Congrats on the GT6 platinum. You didn't give up and that was a bit longer haul playing that game without taking a break great job man.

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Congratulations on your 25th plat and get to lv 17 mate, thats great work. And no surprises there that Yoo Hoo and Hasan offered words of wisdom. Keep up the great work man

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Forget I Was Ever Here

Parker YOU DID IT haha I was going to ask when I seen you online a bit ago how it was coming along. Did you did the rubber band trick or actually race around the track? Glad you stuck with it and got it done especially after it took you a few tries after you asked and you beat the license tests. I personally felt S-4 was way harder just because towards the middle of the track. If there are any other game you need help with let me know and I'll help ya out the best I can

It is time for me to go underground

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the GT6 platinum dude

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Smashguy View Post
    It's my duty to help you. Congrats on the GT6 platinum. You didn't give up and that was a bit longer haul playing that game without taking a break great job man.
    Thanks mate for the help Took a while but finally cracked it my driving time reached about 47 hours by the end! The platinum didn't seem that long when I started.

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    Congratulations on your 25th plat and get to lv 17 mate, thats great work. And no surprises there that Yoo Hoo and Hasan offered words of wisdom. Keep up the great work man
    Thanks mate they were a huge help

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    Parker YOU DID IT haha I was going to ask when I seen you online a bit ago how it was coming along. Did you did the rubber band trick or actually race around the track? Glad you stuck with it and got it done especially after it took you a few tries after you asked and you beat the license tests. I personally felt S-4 was way harder just because towards the middle of the track. If there are any other game you need help with let me know and I'll help ya out the best I can
    Thanks mate I actually drove around the track, did a bit each day for about a week, just watched tele while I was driving as the track doesn't need much attention just kept looking up for when i was coming to the corners. And S-4 was probably harder in the end as it ended up being my last one to do. But the Veyron was difficult still took a while to figure out when to brake because it kept overshooting the corners.

Congrats on the GT6 platinum dude
    Thanks mate

Lvl 9 - Gold

Congrats on the GT6 Plat and reaching lvl 17. so with 5 Plats already this year how many do you think you might get before 2015?

Lvl 9 - Gold

Congrats on the GT6 Plat and reaching lvl 17. so with 5 Plats already this year how many do you think you might get before 2015?
    Thanks mate I can't really say it depends on how difficult the games I've got will be. I have a few games close to platinum that I might go for and I'm not planning to buy anymore games anytime soon. But it would be nice to reach 30 by the end of the year

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast