Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Parkerdip's Trophy Checklist

This is a discussion on Parkerdip's Trophy Checklist within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; New Platinum - #26! Today I achieved my 26th Platinum trophy! Fallout: New Vegas I have just earned my 6th ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

New Platinum - #26!

Today I achieved my 26th Platinum trophy!

Fallout: New Vegas

I have just earned my 6th platinum trophy of the year to match last year's record of 6 platinums and only in the 4th month! This is from Fallout: New Vegas making it my 2nd Fallout plat with Fallout 3 being my very first platinum trophy.

This game seemed to take me forever to get platinum on because I got the game back in 2010 and barely played it. The trophy percentage was stuck on 7% for years then in the summer of 2013 I finally decided to get back at it and have a full proper playthrough getting all the endings by managing my saves. Then I was just left with the Hardcore trophy but after that long playthrough I couldn't bring myself to complete the game again with the added annoyance of having to eat sleep and drink. So what I did was on April 1st 2014 I decided to give it a speed-run by following a very helpful guide where you can complete the game in around 2-3 hours. And don't say it was cheating or not getting the most out of the game because I did everything on the first run. Incase you haven't got the trophy yet and want it done quickly in one sitting here's the guide I used
    Get the Hardcore Achievement in less than 2 hours - Fallout: New Vegas Message Board for Xbox 360 - GameFAQs

Despite this platinum taking so long I enjoyed it when I played it properly although I do think Fallout 3 was better. Look forward to when Fallout 4 eventually gets announced as I'm sure there will be another.

The platinum was earned on April 1st 2014 @ 20:23 GMT while the first trophy was earned on October 22nd 2010 @20:28 GMT

Lvl 9 - Gold

Congrats on the Fallout New Vegas Plat. Yeah Ive heard from others that it takes a while to get the Plat for it. I have the game but still haven't played it. Maybe sometime this year I might go and finally give it a shot.

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the Fallout New Vegas platinum dude

Forget I Was Ever Here

Congratulations on completing Fallout New Vegas I remember that took me awhile to earn as well but I didn't know there was a shortcut to ending the game faster. Cool find and I assume you are happy you finally completed it. Do you have plans for your next game completion?

It is time for me to go underground

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by MadMardigan_88 View Post
    Congrats on the Fallout New Vegas Plat. Yeah Ive heard from others that it takes a while to get the Plat for it. I have the game but still haven't played it. Maybe sometime this year I might go and finally give it a shot.
    Thanks mate You should go for it, it does take a while but is fun. spend one playthrough getting everything done which is the long one and then just use the guide posted above to complete Hardcore in a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Congrats on the Fallout New Vegas platinum dude
    Thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    Congratulations on completing Fallout New Vegas I remember that took me awhile to earn as well but I didn't know there was a shortcut to ending the game faster. Cool find and I assume you are happy you finally completed it. Do you have plans for your next game completion?
    Thanks mate Yeah it took me a long time but thats mainly because it took me a while to get into and kept putting it off when new games came along but glad its finally done. Not sure about what I'll go for next it might be a while before my next one. I've still got quite a large backlog to get through sometime though.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Trophy Review: March 2014

A bit late on the review for March but to keep up to date with what happened with me in the past month it was another quite good month for me with trophies even though I had only earned 31 trophies there were TWO more platinum trophies added to the collection.

The first platinum trophy of the month was Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves on March 3rd 2014. Finishing off the Sly trilogy with this game. I took a break from Sly after completing the 2nd game but got back into it with this game at the end of Feb and earning the platinum at the beginning of March to make my 24th platinum trophy.

The second platinum trophy of the month was Gran Turismo 6 on March 23rd 2014. At first I didn't think I would get this platinum because there was the tricky S-Licenses but for the most part it was easy and became my 25th platinum trophy.

For April I am not sure what I will be playing yet but it will probably involve some FIFA and it could be a while before many more platinums appear.

Forget I Was Ever Here

Ugh Sly collection even though I hated them I finished it off myself congrats to you man...Which one did you like best? 2 plats in a month is awesome too nice work to show for all the dedication. Again GT6 nice plat there and glad you stuck with it and seen it was easy after awhile. Fifa sweet I completed that too pretty fun game. You already have 1 plat this month so I can't wait to see your progression as the month goes forward.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    Ugh Sly collection even though I hated them I finished it off myself congrats to you man...Which one did you like best? 2 plats in a month is awesome too nice work to show for all the dedication. Again GT6 nice plat there and glad you stuck with it and seen it was easy after awhile. Fifa sweet I completed that too pretty fun game. You already have 1 plat this month so I can't wait to see your progression as the month goes forward.
    Thanks man I thought Sly was pretty good. I probably liked the 3rd one the best because of the variety in gameplay especially the bit where your on the boat makes me think that is where Assassin's Creed got its inspiration. FIFA is one of the games where I got platinum already over 2 months ago but I still play it because I just love playing Ultimate Team and its a good filler game inbetween other games to relax.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Trophy Review: April 2014

Another very short review for the past month of April as it has been my lowest trophy count for a month since June 2010 with a total of just 2 trophies!

It started out as a month that could be another high scoring month as I started the month with a platinum trophy and the trophy that earned the platinum on 1st April but I didn't earn anymore trophies for the whole month.

The platinum was a very long overdue plat of Fallout: New Vegas that I was playing on and off for years but never got round to completing it. On April 1st 2014 I managed to finally finish it off by doing a speed-run of the game on Hardcore mode after spending the summer before doing everything there is to do in the game, I didn't want to do all that again. This became my 26th platinum of my collection and 6th of the year which is the same amount as the entire of 2013!

The main reason why I didn't earn anymore trophies in April is because I was playing a lot of Ultimate Team on FIFA and I am playing it even more now that EA has been releasing the Team of the Season players.

Hopefully in May I can get back to that backlog and get more trophies than this month but atleast the month contains a platinum!

PRO Member

wow 2 trophies in 1 month, that's a milestone of it's own

As long as you're playing and having fun I think it's great not to worry about trophies, so enjoy!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    wow 2 trophies in 1 month, that's a milestone of it's own

As long as you're playing and having fun I think it's great not to worry about trophies, so enjoy!
    haha yeah it's actually the 2nd time in my history that Ive earned just 2 trophies in a month. It's mainly just because I play FIFA a lot and I already have the platinum in FIFA so I can't get any more trophies there but keep playing on Ultimate Team

Lvl 9 - Gold

Trophy Review: May 2014

How to beat last month's score of 2 trophies for a month, simply don't get any at all!

That's right, for the first time ever I have gone a whole month without earning a single trophy. This has to be due to playing FIFA for the past two months as it has now been exactly two months since my last trophy which makes this a bit of a hiatus from trophy collecting. Sometimes though it can be a good thing to have a break so when you get back at it you will be ready to start hunting again.

I have still got a lot of games with plenty of trophies to collect so it shouldn't be hard to have big months again. FIFA Ultimate Team is very addictive.

Also I guess all records end eventually and it was a little bit like a personal record for earning atleast 1 trophy in a month which wasn't difficult but this record is now 67 months with atleast 1 trophy (October 2008 - April 2014).

In that time my lowest months were June 2010 and April 2014 with 2 trophies and my highest was March 2009 with 91 trophies.

Now to start the record again from June 2014!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Trophy Review: June 2014

After earning no trophies in May for this first time and just two trophies in April, I got back on the trophies again in June earning 24 trophies.

I mainly got back to playing on The Last of Us again for the first time in about a year. I did the game on Hard and Hard+ focusing more on the trophies this time around. I also got the single-player DLC for the game 'Left Behind and played that twice on Normal and Hard. It was very easy and way too short but still good.

Towards the end of the month I started playing Far Cry 3 again for the first time since Christmas when I got the game. I am now working on those trophies.

So June was still a slow month for me with not much to report and no platinum trophies but we are now in July which is my most popular month for platinum trophies where currently I have earned atleast one platinum in every July since my first one (Fallout 3) in 2009.

Hoping to let that record continue this year as well.
    Last edited by parkerdip; 07-01-2014 at 03:48 PM.

Lvl 9 - Gold

NEW GAME!

Today I purchased a new game for my PS3 which is not actually a new game but was released three years ago in 2011

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition

The reasoning behind me getting this game is because the new Mortal Kombat X game to be released next year looks really cool and I wanted to get back into MK with this one as there is a story that will probably be a direct sequel in the next game. Also it will get me used to the new gameplay mechanics. The last MK game I had before this one was Armageddon for PS2 years ago. So I thought I'd play this then have a good break from it and get MKX when I have a PS4.

Also I am aware of the online servers having shut down but I was never bothered about playing online on this or getting platinum as I knew I would find it too hard.

Lvl 9 - Gold

New Platinum - #27!

Today I achieved my 27th Platinum trophy!

Far Cry 3

This is my 7th platinum trophy of 2014 which has now broken my record number in a single year! Far Cry 3 has also been added to my July Platinum Streak. This is where I have achieved at least 1 platinum in every July since I started collecting trophies. The full list of games in the streak is below. This is also my 27th platinum trophy in total.

Far Cry 3 was a very good game which I missed out on when it first came out in 2012 so I ended up getting it for Christmas in 2013. I didn't play it much back then as I had other games so I finally got round to playing it all through July and now finally earning the platinum which was really easy and no complicated trophies to get. I would like to thank YOO_HOO_SNIPER for helping me keep my streak going by helping me with the last two co-op missions.

The platinum was earned on July 31st 2014 @ 0:19 GMT while the first trophy was earned on 25th December 2014 @ 22:12 GMT

JULY PLATINUM STREAK

This is my July platinum streak in which I have earned atleast 1 platinum in every July since 2009. The total number of platinums earned in this month up to now stands at 8 out of my 27 platinums.

Fallout 3
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    L.A Noire
    inFamous
    WWE '12
    Grand Theft Auto IV
    Assassin's Creed III
    Far Cry 3

Local Drunk

Congrats on platting Far Cry 3 mate

Cool & unique streak you've got going, hopefully it'll continue for you next year

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the Far Cry 3 plat dude

The Deathly Rhythm

Congrats on plating Far Cry 3
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Congratulations on your new Far Cry 3 platinum! I really enjoyed the game - thought it was very entertaining all the way through and the voice acting was impeccable! Can't wait for Far Cry 4 later this year!

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `Best Trophy Checklist (2014)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)

Currently Playing
    `Batman: Arkham Knight [95%]
    `AC: Syndicate [6%]
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Forget I Was Ever Here

Congratulations Parker and glad you got to keep the streak you admire next month ask sooner though lol!!!!!! As Terminal said above the game was great and I should play through it again and I cannot wait until FaCry4.Goodluck in your next adventure

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast