Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Parkerdip's Trophy Checklist

This is a discussion on Parkerdip's Trophy Checklist within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by parkerdip Thanks mate, I don't have Hitman yet getting it for Christmas and I will probably get ...

Death to zombies!!

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    Thanks mate, I don't have Hitman yet getting it for Christmas and I will probably get the HD Collection next year too. I never owned a Hitman game before Absolution but I played Blood Money loads on my bro's Xbox and loved it. Want to try out 2 and 3 too.
    I've never played one but i think starting with the HD collection will be best.

Hope you enjoy Absolution and AC3 and best wishes for christmas ans new year

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by stupot00 View Post
    I've never played one but i think starting with the HD collection will be best.

Hope you enjoy Absolution and AC3 and best wishes for christmas ans new year
    Thanks mate and you too

illegal in 9 countries

Your checklist is progressing nicely Dan, congrats on hitting your milestones.

I've never bothered to set trophy goals myself, maybe I'll do that next year and aim for 50 's ...or not

Lvl 9 - Gold

CHRISTMAS 2012 GAME SPECIAL!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

For Christmas 2012 my new games are:

Hitman Absolution

&

Assassin's Creed III

PRO Member

Nice! Merry Christmas and congrats on getting those games

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Nice! Merry Christmas and congrats on getting those games
    Thanks mate. I've been mainly getting through Hitman Absolution atm. It's an awesome game as I expected and I can't believe people were complaining about this game not being stealthy enough I've been doing it stealthy fine enough. They probably just don't know how to play it.
    I'll play Assassin's Creed III once I've completed Hitman.

Lvl 9 - Gold

2012 Trophy Review

Happy New Year everyone! Last year I posted a review of my trophy hunting of 2011. Now we have come to the end of 2012 here is my review of the year in trophy hunting and games.

New games in 2012

Here is a list of the games that I now own in my trophy collection starting from January 1st 2012 to December 31st 2012 (A-Z). In () Ive put when I got it by month:

Assassin's Creed III (Xmas game , December)
    Battlefield 3 (March)
    Call of Duty: Black Ops II (November)
    FIFA 13 (September)
    Hitman: Absolution (Xmas Game, December)
    Max Payne 3 (August)
    Metal Gear Solid 2 (HD Collection, February)
    Metal Gear Solid 3 (HD Collection, February)
    Metal Gear Solid 4 (Patch, September)
    Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker (HD Collection, February)
    Sleeping Dogs (November)
    Worms Ultimate Mayhem (March)
    WWE '12 (June)

This year as you can see I got 13 games added to my trophy collection with four Metal Gear Solid games added to the list.

Platinum Trophies Achieved in 2012

In 2012 I have earned 3 Trophies:

My first of the year was from 2011's Xmas game Assassin's Creed: Revelations on 4th January 2012. It was a great game that I really enjoyed from the series. Full review in main post.

My second of the year was WWE '12 on 5th July 2012. I decided to get back into WWE games after taking a hiatus and it was a good game. Full review in main post.

My third and final of the year was Sleeping Dogs on 14th November 2012. This was a great open world cop drama that had great gameplay. Full review in main post.

Favourite Game of 2012

If I was to pick any game from the list above it would probably be one of the Metal Gear games but seeing as that is a collection from years ago. I'll pick one of the newer games and I sayHitman: Absolution as it is the game I played the most after Xmas. Also the fact I have been waiting to play Hitman for years and it delivered to my liking. Assassin's Creed III, my other xmas game doesn't get it because I didn't play it enough in 2012 to make the decision. I'll be playing that this year.

Least favourite Game of 2012

My least favourite game on 2012 from the list above has to be Worms: Ultimate Mayhem mainly because it's only fun in short bursts and gets boring. More fun to play with other people. Overall though most of my games were good this year and this one stands out as the worst.

Goal for 2013 in Trophy Hunting

My main goal for 2013 is not a set number of how many platinums to get etc but a broad goal to simply beat my best number of platinums earned in a year and that is 2010 - 5 . I also am just going to try and get as many trophies as I can. Hopefully I can finish off some of my platinums that has been pending for a long time.

This goal is exactly the same as last year but I only managed 3 platinums. See if I can beat it this year

So that's it for my little review of 2012 in Trophies and games and we'll see what 2013 brings. Happy new Year!
    Last edited by parkerdip; 01-02-2013 at 07:08 PM.

Local Drunk

Nice review of last year mate

You could open your plat account this year with Hitman as it's pretty easy and heaps of fun.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Nice review of last year mate

You could open your plat account this year with Hitman as it's pretty easy and heaps of fun.
    Yeah Hitman is turning out very easy so far as most are story related. It looks like I will definitely get the platinum at some point, probably 1st of the year

Local Drunk

Yeah Hitman is turning out very easy so far as most are story related. It looks like I will definitely get the platinum at some point, probably 1st of the year
    Exactly, the hardest trophy is Jack Of All Trades and it's not very hard. Nice, good luck with it mate

Lvl 9 - Gold

Exactly, the hardest trophy is Jack Of All Trades and it's not very hard. Nice, good luck with it mate
    Yeah Ive been thinking about taking my time with it though and perhaps get the platinum after the HD Collection as a reason to play the game on the harder difficulty so I can go through all the games in order

Local Drunk

Yeah Ive been thinking about taking my time with it though and perhaps get the platinum after the HD Collection as a reason to play the game on the harder difficulty so I can go through all the games in order
    Good idea, although it might steal your soul and make you plat it beforehand.

PRO Member

Nice review parker! I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to steal your idea and create something similar

Good luck with Hitman Absolution!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Nice review parker! I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to steal your idea and create something similar

Good luck with Hitman Absolution!
    Thanks mate and feel free to.

I finished Hitman story the other day but now despite the list being easy I'm going to hold off the Platinum until after the Hitman HD Collection comes out and play through the series again chronologically later on in the year. I have now started my proper playthrough of Assassin's Creed III. I only played it briefly on Christmas day.

Lvl 9 - Gold

This post is a bump since I have not posted in my checklist for 2 weeks now and providing some kind of update to my progress.

I have not been getting many trophies lately because I got a little addicted to playing FIFA 13 Ultimate Team. This year is the first year in which I played UT to this extent. I started playing the game on FIFA 12 slightly. And I have been just trying to build a good squad out of the random players I get from packs and has been really fun. Been playing that mode more than anything else. FIFA is always the one game throughout the year I keep coming back to every year.

So Assassin's Creed III has been on hold but as of posting this I am on Sequence 9 and will aim to finish that game now.

Lvl 9 - Gold

New Game!

20th Birthday

As today is my birthday I decided to treat myself to a new game. My gifts were clothes so I bought the game myself. It is a game I was meaning to get last year but there was too many bigger games and It's not something I would pay full price on (cost 25). I mentioned before that I recently got back into the series and here it is...

WWE '13

This marks my first game of 2013, 5th WWE game on PS3 and 66th total

Update on the Christmas 2012 games:

Hitman: Absolution - Finished the story once picking up many of the trophies noticing the list seems quite easy. It is a very good game that I will play again to finish off the trophies later in the year. Probably when I eventually get the recent HD Trilogy.

Assassin's Creed III - Recently finished the story. I could have finished it earlier but got carried away with FIFA 13. I found the story a little confusing that I think I will need to play it again to understand more. However I doubt I will start fresh completely since there is so much to do after completion working towards 100% sync. I'll decide later on as I will take a break from this game. It is a good game but I don't think it is as good as Assassin's Creed II which remains my favourite of the series.
    Last edited by parkerdip; 02-08-2013 at 07:13 AM.

Local Drunk

Happy birthday mate

Death to zombies!!

Conrats on the progress on Hitman and AC3 and Happy Birthday

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Lvl 9 - Gold

Happy birthday mate
    Quote Originally Posted by stupot00 View Post
    Conrats on the progress on Hitman and AC3 and Happy Birthday
    Thanks guys

Lvl 9 - Gold

DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

New section has been added to my checklist to expand it. This is a 'backlog' of every game in my trophy collection in which I have not earned the platinum or 100% on. So now you can finally see clearly every game I have with trophy support not including those without that I have. Also there is a very small 1-2 line description in the spoilers as to a reason why it has not been earned. Feel free to look through it and comment. Also if theres any games in my backlog in which you have two and think you could help then feel free to send me a message in this thread or PM.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast