Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

TheValentineTrophyMassacre

This is a discussion on TheValentineTrophyMassacre within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Thanks to Jessicayla from photogurus.com About Me: Well, this is my second checklist after the site lost my first one ...

R.I.P Ellie

TheValentineTrophyMassacre

Thanks to Jessicayla from photogurus.com

About Me:
    Well, this is my second checklist after the site lost my first one
    I'm a 24 yr old guy, currently living in a hotel that we own in Blackpool. We moved to England about 5 years ago, from an island called Guernsey.
    I've got 4 tattoos atm, currently doing a half sleeve. I've also got snake bites and 8mm flesh tunnels in each ear

My sister, mum and I.

Gaming:
    I've always had a console of some sort, Commodore 64, Sega, PS1, PS2, PS3, XBox, XBox 360 and the Wii.
    I was never really into the trophies properly until joining this site. So my addiction is the sites fault :p
    I think I play quite a selection of games, RPGs, Racing, FPS, 3rd Person etc.

My Trophy Guides

My Trophy Milestones
    First Trophy: Burnout Paradise - Repair Your Car

First Platinum: Burnout Paradise - Burnout Paradise Elite

500th Trophy: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Practiced Fortune Hunter

1,000th Trophy: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - Lieutenant

2,000th Trophy: F.E.A.R 3 - Head Crab Removal

Fastest Platinum: Terminator Salvation - Determined - 4 hours, 17 minutes

Latest Platinum: God of War: Ghost of Sparta - The Ghost with the Most

Platinums

Key For Below

Platinum Date: Date of Platinum
    Platinum + DLC: My final percentage of platinum and whether I did the DLC
    Fun Level: The overall amount of fun I had in the game
    Difficulty: The overall difficulty of the game
    Frustration Level: Some parts in games aren't necessarily hard... Just damn right annoying. Be it a glitch, a lot of grinding etc
    Overall Thoughts: What I thought of the game overall

Platinum Date:
    Platinum + DLC: 77%
    Fun Level: 10/10
    Difficulty:
    8/10
    Frustration:
    4/10 I cant remember any of this game actually frustrating me. A few bits got annoying, but that was about it.

Overall Thoughts:
    I cant really make up my mind between COD and Battlefield. So I'll continue to get both.
    Bad Company 2, follows on from the first, with the same amazing characters. Guns, tanks, helicopters all at your disposal... what's not to enjoy? OH, and you can flatten buildings with some nicely placed C4
    So if you cant be bothered to storm a house, no worries, just light the building up with a few rockets
    The multiplayer was yet again amazing on this game, with the degrading environment, making each new match a new experience.
    Special thanks go mainly to trev179 and Athena for helping with one of them main multiplayer trophies, couldn't have done it without you

Platinum Date: 29.6.2010
    Platinum + DLC: 77%
    Difficulty:
    6/10
    Frustration:
    1/10 Nothing to put you off. Time is needed though.
    Overall Thoughts:
    Awesome fun on your own, but with a partner makes the experience so much better

Platinum Date: 16.10.2008
    Platinum + DLC: 81%
    Difficulty: 6/10
    Frustration: 6/10 Mainly trying to get people who want to get trophies instead of pissing around.

Overall Thoughts: Still one of my favourite racing games. The online is where it really came alive. Doing all the time challenges and stunts with random people. Awesome graphics and replay value, since there's so much to do. The DLC just kept making it better aswel.

Platinum Date: 7.1.2011
    Platinum + DLC: 79%
    Difficulty: 8/10
    Frustration:
    9/10 Purely some damn zombie trophies. A few of the trophies based on luck, which are just annoying. Thankfully you'll be in one of the funnest game modes.

Overall Thoughts:
    Quite alot of love for this game and blind hatred (narrow minded ******** Hint: it spells bastards) But everyone's entitled to their opinions. For me, I love all the Call of Duty games. The single player kept me wanting to play more and the multiplayer keeps me entertained.

Platinum Date: 16.2.2010
    Platinum + DLC: 100%
    Difficulty: 7/10
    Frustration:
    6/10 Nothing too hard in this. The Veteran levels are a pain, as are some of the Spec Ops, but with the help of youtube, nothing that should cause tooooo many problems.

Overall Thoughts:
    Online is still on of the best in the series..

Platinum Date: 3.5.2009
    Difficulty: 9/10
    Frustration:
    10/10 Due to the grenade spamming at later levels. You'd do better bringing a baseball bat and aiming for a home run every second. Some of the zombie trophies were pretty hard to get aswel.

Overall Thoughts:
    I'd say worth the money. Zombies is hours of fun and the game will last a fair while. And by that I mean, my friend and I were on Skype with each other for 13 hours straight going for the zombie trophies

Platinum Date: 17.12.2011
    Fun Level: 6/10
    Difficulty: 3/10
    Frustration:
    3/10 Not much really, just annoying how long the loading is between sections of the games. So doubling annoying if you forget to do something.

Overall Thoughts:
    Meh, it was alright. You get to work with the characters from the games and use different methods of forensics to solve the crimes. But it gets kinda repetitive. No replay value either, so it's definitely a rental and not a buy.

Platinum Date: 20.1.2011
    Platinum + DLC:
    82%
    Difficulty: 5/10
    Frustration:
    6/10 I made myself do an extra playthrough because I missed one of my objectives. Otherwise this game would've got a 1/10 in the frustration level.

Overall Thoughts:
    I played the demo when it first came out and liked it. But then I forgot to buy until we had a trophy competition on here.
    In my opinion it was worth the wait. Pretty decent storyline and nothing to really work your brain, just mindless killing. Perfect if you just wanna pick up and play.

Platinum Date: 18/4/2012
    Platinum + DLC:
    100%
    Difficulty: 10/10
    Frustration:
    10/10 Some parts were just... argh. I'm very surprised my controller didn't go through the TV, on numerous occasions!!

Overall Thoughts:
    A quality game. By far my most proud platinum trophy. You have to learn so much, so quickly. It's hard, frustrating but at the same time, so addictive.
    The atmosphere is amazing, the weapons, the gear you can choose, the scenery. It's just a quality game.
    HUGE shootout to Hitman, who must also be so relieved that I've finished, since everyday I was asking him about certain things, how to do certain things etc. And thanks to Hitman and Nero for the awesome guide.
    Also thanks to JackAttack for random help

Thanks guys

Platinum Date: 9.10.2011
    Platinum + DLC: 83%
    Frustration:
    3/10 Grinding levels, but nothing else really.

Overall Thoughts: A really fun game. It didn't really take itself too seriously. And what's better than making your own awesome weapons and kicking the crap out of zombies... First person

Platinum Date: 19.3.2011
    Platinum + DLC:
    100%
    Fun Level: 9/10
    Frustration:
    9/10 ARGH, some of the trophies are just a pure grind and really annoying. I just wanted to give up so many times for a few of them. But my stubbornness kicked in and I wouldn't let it beat me. The trophies were collecting all clothes and all the melee weapons.

Overall Thoughts: As a whole (without thinking about the trophies) it's a fun game. I guess it can get abit repetitive, but will keep you amused. Co-op is alot more fun, it's not often you see two guys dressed in a mini skirt, tube top, high heels and a ladies hat, riding around on pink kids bikes
    If you want a game to kick the crap out of zombies but a game that doesn't take itself seriously, then give this ago. If you want quick, easy platinums... walk away.

Platinum Date: 5.1.2011
    Platinum + DLC:
    100%
    Frustration:
    7/10 Impossible level was a pain in the ass, with low ammo and health pick ups. But take your time and you should be fine.

Overall Thoughts: Play this game in the dark and hold unto your ass. I jumped a fair few times. DeadSpace went into the direction that Resident Evil came out from. An actual horror game.
    Pretty damn gory. Don't know if the "thing" is dead? Just stamp the hell out of it until it's just a torso... it wont be getting up. But then you wont be any closer to climb the way to heaven either, you'll be queuing for the slide to hell... Meet you there

Platinum Date:
    3/10/2009
    Difficulty:
    5/10
    Frustration:
    2/10 Nothings here is really annoying. A few time consuming trophies, but you wont get bored playing it.

Overall Thoughts: The online side of things can be really fun if you manage to get decent drivers. A nice video to remember Colin McRae in there aswel.
    The only rally game series in my opinion.

Platinum Date: 21/1/2012
    Platinum + DLC: 93%
    Difficulty:
    8/10
    Frustration:
    8/10 Quite a lot of annoying races to beat, where I was a second off all the time. Also levelling up the Reputation was amazingly tedious.

Overall Thoughts: I'm not sure whether the Gymkhana and other things were a good idea. I did like them, but it turned the game abit more... Well, not as serious. It's supposed to be a rally game and it's strayed too far from the original.

Platinum Date: 29.6.2011
    Platinum + DLC:
    100%
    Frustration:
    7/10 This was just frustrating for me because I co-wrote the guide. So I had to play the game numerous times to find all the collectables, because they moved on each play through

Overall Thoughts: Quite a tense game, some places you had to compose yourself before moving on... So playing in the dark definitely adds to the suspense and, "oh... shit!!!" factor
    The story is pretty decent and easy enough controls. But co-op is where it steers away from a horror game and more of an action game. The multi-player is actually pretty fun too.

Platinum Date: 28.2.2011
    Platinum + DLC:
    100%
    Frustration:
    8/10 Purely to do with the challenges. Some of them are just plain hard. Where you don't have a second to actually use tactics, because you're constantly getting hit.

Overall Thoughts: This was for a trophy competition. I'm glad I picked it up. Kratos has become one of my favourite game characters. Pretty similar to Dante's Inferno, but with a much more in depth storyline that just makes you want to keep playing.

Platinum Date: 3.4.2011
    Platinum + DLC:
    100%
    Frustration:
    8/10 7/10 As with the first God of War, this was down to the Challenges, a few were just annoying. Mainly protecting the Translator.

Overall Thoughts: I really like these games. I got the Collection Edition (God of War 1 & 2), just to help with a trophy competition (sound familiar?) And really enjoyed them both.

Platinum Date: 15.4.2011
    Platinum + DLC:
    100%
    Frustration:
    9/10 As with the previous, the challenges annoyed me, mainly the one where you have to kill every enemy without using and weapons or magic. And for some reason it kept glitching on me.
    Also, you had to do the game on the hardest difficulty, unlike the other two.

Overall Thoughts: The best out the trilogy, by quite a margin. Amazing graphics, a more advanced move system, just better in every way. Will there be a fourth?

Platinum Date: 19.5.2012
    Platinum + DLC:
    100%
    Frustration:
    9/10 Those DAMN challenges. Like I said in the guide, I'm scared I'll never be able to get an erection again, due to the amount of blood pounding in my head because of them!
    Playing through the game on Hard wasn't overly strenuous though.

Overall Thoughts: If you overlook the graphics, it's still a fun game to play. Nothing else to really add. If you like the GoW series, them buy this game too. An alright story about him trying to save his brother

Platinum Date: 24.4.2012
    Platinum + DLC:
    100%
    Fun Level: 5/10
    Difficulty: 4/10
    Frustration:
    2/10 Just got abit boring

Overall Thoughts: Quite a good game, basically a Godfather GTA, but not as good or as fun. I put it down so many times, because I was getting bored of it.
    Storyline? I've got no idea, it didn't hold my interest so I didn't really pay attention to it.

Platinum Date: 19.4.2011
    Platinum + DLC:
    77%
    Frustration:
    1/10 There was pretty much nothing to get frustrated about.

Overall Thoughts: Another incredibly fun installment of Killzone, with even more brutal killing methods. It's a welcome break from the COD series. I'd highly recommend to anyone that hasn't played Killzone before. The story, gameplay, environments, it's just the perfect mixture for a decent FPS.
    Add the multiplayer and you're onto a winner.
    They've toned the difficulty down a shit load compared to the first one, I'm not sure this is a good thing though, I would've liked more of a challenge.

Platinum Date: 4.6.2011
    Platinum + DLC:
    77%
    Frustration:
    4/10 Thanks to youtube videos, it wasn't too frustrating. Otherwise finding the hidden tapes and cars would've been a horrible drag.

Overall Thoughts: A unique game really, you're the good guy in GTA. You can still steal... sorry, "commandeer" vehicles and cause havoc.
    You have to find small bits of details to solve your crime and question suspects and witnesses. The questioning is where the game comes into its own, since you have to read the characters facial expressions to give you the right answer.

Platinum Date: 1.11.2010
    Platinum + DLC:
    100%
    Frustration:
    9/10 I struggled with some of the Tier 1 levels. No checkpoints + dying in a few shots = some new swear words being directed at the TV.

Overall Thoughts: Some people complained about the online, I personally had no problem. It was a welcome change. People also said that the single player lacked emotion??? I thought it's showed alot more emotion than what most of the COD series is showing.

Platinum Date: 20.5.2011
    Platinum + DLC:
    100%
    Frustration:
    1/10 A few races were a pain, but easy enough to overcome.

Overall Thoughts: I played the demo, completed a race and deleted the game.
    Then I got bored and found it in Blockbuster so I decided to rent it... And I'm glad I did!
    A hugely enjoy experience, a funny little storyline and action packed racing as the city slowly crumbles around you. With all these earthquakes happening, your route is constantly changing, meaning you never do the same race twice.

Platinum Date: 7.12.2010
    Platinum + DLC:
    72%
    Frustration:
    5/10 There were a few races where I'd miss out by under a second... A few times. Which started to boil the blood. But that's about it.

Overall Thoughts: The NFS game that has started to bring the series back from the death. Fun arcade style driving, makes escaping the police alot more fun.... and legal
    The online is funny aswel. If you started to doubt the NFS series, this should bring your hopes back up.

Platinum Date: 14.1.2011
    Platinum + DLC:
    83%
    Fun Level: 8/10
    Frustration:
    9/10 Mainly your fucking useless squads AI. The amount of times I died, purely because of them is... well, a lot.

Overall Thoughts: It's the serious version of your usual FPS games. You can't just run out and rambo it, otherwise you will die... but with the help of your squad, you will die anyway.
    The game flows quite nicely and the graphics are ok. The controls are abit weird though, not following most FPS controls.
    Best part of the game is the banter between your other squad teams and your Sergeant.

Platinum Date: 3.3.2011
    Platinum + DLC:
    73%
    Frustration:
    6/10 There were a few annoying trophies. And some of the levels on professional were hard. Mainly the one where you're fighting a boss from inside a hummer.

Overall Thoughts: It's not quite a horror game anymore, but still worth buying. I left the game for a while after completing the story, but got back into it and enjoyed it all over again.

Platinum Date: 27.1.2012
    Platinum + DLC:
    100%
    Frustration:
    5/10 Nothing to really stress about, a few levels on Superhuman were annoying. And doing co-op with two controllers are pretty tedious aswel.

Overall Thoughts: A lot of people don't like the Resistance series and I've got no idea why? The storyline kept me wanting more and the gameplay was fun and flowed nicely. If a new one is released, I'll be getting that one too.

Platinum Date: 27.3.2011
    Platinum + DLC:
    100%
    Frustration:
    1/10

Overall Thoughts: Yet again, this was purely for a trophy competition (should probably stop doing this)
    Either way, I liked the SAW films, so I was fairly intrigued by the games. This was a fair bit easier than the second, mainly because there isn't collectibles to get for the trophies.
    For both SAWs, you've basically got to try and escape and find out the story of why you're there, helping people out of their traps and trying not to get killed in the process.

Platinum Date: 24.3.2011
    Platinum + DLC:
    100%
    Frustration:
    2/10 Nothing to really stress about. Still collectables make it abit more tedious than the first.

Overall Thoughts: It was a pretty fun game, but near the end I just wanted it to finish. Probably wouldn't play it infront of kids as it's quite brutal
    This is another platinum I got, purely to help my team in the trophy competition.
    I'm kind of an idiot for playing 2 before 1, but the guy at Blockbuster said they're two different stories... THEY'RE NOT!!! They loosely talk about the previous one and help the story all fit together.

Platinum Date: 3.8.2011
    Platinum + DLC:
    100%
    Frustration:
    4/10 Just having to rank up... Damn rank trophies. A few levels, as always were annoying, and/or glitched.

Overall Thoughts: Everyone bums snipers on COD and BF, so I really don't know why this game wasn't more popular?
    I really liked this game, it took sniping to a whole new level. Bullet drop with the distance, wind and rain also blew the bullet off target. Was very fun getting used to and nailing a target the other side of the map, even though you aimed nowhere near the guy... was pretty epic.
    The multi-player was a load of fun aswel, headshots galore, hiding for ages then unleashing hell

Platinum Date: 1.4.2011
    Platinum + DLC:
    100%
    Frustration:
    7/10 Some of the bosses were just a pure pain in the scrotum. Azazel.... You schlaaaaag!
    Also the online spamming did my head in, so most time was spent swearing at them them.

Overall Thoughts:
    At first I didn't like it, due to the online, but once I managed to get those trophies, I really enjoyed the game. Plus I really want Lars hair now
    Definately worth getting if you like fighting games.

Platinum Date: 24.1.2011
    Platinum + DLC:
    100%
    Frustration:
    2/10 Easy enough

Overall Thoughts: Terminator eh. This little platinum gets me dropped scores in the "Rate the Platinum" thread. I rented it purely because it's an easy platinum and I was in the trophy competition. So I wanted to give our team a boost. And you know what? I'm glad I did. I expected it to be awful, but I actually enjoyed the 5 hours of gameplay. So I don't regret it in the slightest

Platinum Date: 9.11.2010
    Platinum + DLC:
    100%
    Frustration:
    6/10 Just crushing can become very annoying.

Overall Thoughts:
    In my opinion the game that started the best series out there. If you haven't already, go out and buy it! Now!

Platinum Date: 5.11.2009
    Platinum + DLC: 73%
    Frustration: 6/10 Some levels are pretty hard on Crushing, but that's about it.

Overall Thoughts: A gorgeous game. The graphics are just lush and add that to the awesome storyline, great characters and fun gameplay. The Uncharted series is a must for a gamer.
    Both 1 & 2 are still in my top games. The online is also lots of fun as it doesn't take itself too seriously.

Platinum Date: 11.5.2012
    Platinum + DLC:
    100%
    Frustration:
    Nothing that I remember. A few levels were tedious, because I kept dying. Other than that, it was pretty much stress free.... oh wait, no. Those bastard Fire Demons FUUUUU
    Overall: This is by far the best Trilogy I've played. People keep talking about Drake getting older and bitching about it, but I'd say he's matured well through the series. Him and Sully have the same banter and they both are still very much human. Huge fun to play, amazing graphics, lush scenery. I could happily keep buying these games and be playing at Drakes son, after he's finished shagging Elena.

Platinum Date: 31.1.2011
    Platinum + DLC:
    100%
    Frustration:
    3/10 A few bits were annoying, mainly because I didn't have the patience to do it properly. Again, this was for the trophy competition and the deadline was coming up, so I was hurrying. Otherwise it would've been stress free.

Overall Thoughts:
    Like I said, another game I picked up purely to help my team. And again, I'm glad I did. It's actually an enjoyable game. A few hidden gems in the game aswel. The curving bullet still looks as awesome as it did in the film. So if you liked the film, I'd recommend renting this.

PSN 100%

100% Date:
    Fun Level:
    8/10
    Difficulty:
    3/10
    Frustration Level:
    2/10
    Overall Thoughts:
    The film was amazing... The game could've been... It followed the film perfectly, but the graphics, audio let the game down quite abit
    Still worth playing though if you liked the film.

Date Earned: 8/3/2011
    Enjoyment: 4/10
    Frustration: 8/10 I just didn't like the game, so it frustrated me that I had to complete it to get 100%
    Overall: I only downloaded it so I could get the hacker suit in DeadSpace 2. It's probably worth getting it to help your hardcore mode, plus it adds abit more to the DeadSpace story.

Unfinished Games

Toggle Spoiler

Credits
    Thanks goes to everyone that has helped me along the way and thanks to:
    Jessicayla and
    AbdulW87 from Photoshopgurus.com for my banners
    Last edited by ChrisValentine; 08-24-2014 at 07:26 PM.

Heavy Metal Rules!!!!!

Nice start on the checklist, now lets see those other plats lol!!!!
    ****My Trophy Card****

Toggle Spoiler

Awesome Sig made by iGame
    Backblast's Platinum List

Nope, nothing

Nice start CV, I'm very interested to see what kind of art you get in here

The One and Only

Nice start on the checklist CV. I know how you feel about the site eating up your old checklist.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Yankees And Packers <3

cant wait to see the finished product

Death to zombies!!

Nice start to your new checklist, also got some nice plats

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    I've also got snake bites and 8mm flesh tunnels in each ear
    Snake bites look cool, my boss wont let me wear them in work so put me off getting them. He lets me have a 18mm plug tho

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

2011 Member of the Year

It's great to see the list making a comeback

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Great collection of plats my friend.i heard that terminator was an easy plat but damn i didnt realise it was that easy.i look forward to seeing your cl grow mate,good luck.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

PRO Member

Some nice decent plats - It will be nice to see the finished version of your checklist

Blood Will Be Shed

Good luck on your list. I know you will get them done!

PSN-DeadPool_Z32 Feel Free To Add Me
    Just let me know your from PS3Trophies

Awesome Avatar & Signature by: kid420247

R.I.P Ellie

Thanks for the comments guys

Quote Originally Posted by stupot00 View Post
    Snake bites look cool, my boss wont let me wear them in work so put me off getting them. He lets me have a 18mm plug tho
    I know it narrows down the jobs I'd be able to get. Which is pathetic, society needs to move with the times. I'm not going to dress and look how society wants me to.
    The Government can decide that murder is fine if it's in a war. They and employers can't bitch and stop ME progressing in life because I've chosen to have two tiny bits of metal in my lips. They have NO effect on how good I am at a job... It's pathetic.
    Last edited by ChrisValentine; 01-15-2012 at 05:49 AM.

R.I.P Ellie

Update 1
    Just updated my levels and finished sorting out the pictures properly

The One and Only

Keep going CV. Don't do what me and some other people (not calling out any names) did which was putting it off.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Vive La Révelation!

This is going to be sweet when it’s finished man, I just know it! Keep up the hard work bro
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Great checklist so far.

I give you credit for getting plats for World At War and the GOW games

Signature And Avatar Made By DjungList!
    Splinter Cell Chaos Theory Platinum #10

R.I.P Ellie

Update 2
    Done most of the writing.. urgh.
    And added another section
    Any criticism? Or ideas?

Needs More Rum

Sweet checklist mate, gonna look even better once it's complete. You have some awesome plats.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

2011 Member of the Year

Frustration: 9/10 9/10 Purely some damn zombie trophies. A few of the trophies based on luck, which are just annoying. Thankfully you'll be in one of the funnest game modes.
    Just magical, I'm about to start this mofo

The updates look great, Chris. Now to see that banner

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Great start on the checklist...so you're not going to get the DS2 plat?

R.I.P Ellie

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Great start on the checklist...so you're not going to get the DS2 plat?
    I can't be bothered to get really far and then die. I'm at Chapter 8 or 9 atm. And especially as 8 hours of gameplay takes me 12 hours as I get distracted a lot

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast