Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Denaratuck's 3P's (Platinum Procrastination Presentation)

This is a discussion on Denaratuck's 3P's (Platinum Procrastination Presentation) within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by Denaratuck Well after not getting much of anything done over the last few weeks it feels good ...

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Well after not getting much of anything done over the last few weeks it feels good to announce that today I finished off my professional run of Resident Evil 4 bringing the game to 100% as well as giving me 101 games in total sitting at 100%.

After doing two playthroughs back to back, it put me in the mood to start Resident Evil 5 which I've had sitting on my shelf for almost two years. However, I've seen a lot of people show interest in playing Red Dead Redemption so I might try and finish off the DLC for that and bring it back to 100% instead.

Finally, even though I haven't earned a platinum trophy in a long time and it'll probably be awhile yet before I go for another one, I have to say I'm finally starting to feel good about earning trophies again because for the longest time I was burned out due to college and from all of the trophy competitions I've entered in the past. I think from now on, I'll be picking my games more carefully and will worry about the fun factor more so than my platinum count.
    Nice job on the new 100% Dena but even more so for having so many games at 100% too,that is an awesome achievement and you should be proud.You also do sound like you have a spring in your step too mate.Perhaps all you needed to do was to play a great game but just do things at your own pace and if the spark comes back,brilliant,if not its no biggie.Just try and have fun like you say and not worry about the trophies but the completionist in you will probably always make that a little difficult to do.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by Smashguy View Post
    I feel you, those long and hard time consuming games do slow progress for plat hunting as that what it has been like for me most of this year.

Congrats on your 100% PSN. I really love RE5 so much on my PC before I bought my first PS3 especially Albert Wesker because I love his style! Good luck in your pursuit of RE5's platinum!
    Thanks man. I also like Wesker from the old Resident Evil games and look forward to seeing how the story plays out in RE5. However, for now its going to have to wait as I decided to start the DLC for Red Dead Redemption today and hopefully will be able to get 100% on it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    Congratz on your new plat, and I completely understand where you're coming from with being burnt out on trophies. You working hard on earning trophies in trophy competitions, being tired from college, all of that kinda helps you realize that maybe trophies are a bit much of a hassle. Playing a game for the fun factor then becomes more important to you, and it's more enjoyable playing games when not so worried about trophies, even though you still have it in you to earn trophies, right? Have fun in your ongoing gaming adventures.
    Thanks Dare, and yeah you're right. Earning trophies just for the sake of it certainly burnt me out in previous competitions. I mean probably half of my list is from easy games that I only played to help my teams score during those competitions. I think now I'll just be concentrating on finishing off my older games and working on games I'll enjoy similar to what Omnislash has done, although if I want to catch up to him I have a long way to go lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    Nice job on Resident Evil 4's 100% man. We all go through burn out sessions, and it looks like you hit it big time. Hopefully you can get back on your feet with Resident Evil 5 though. I played about 5 minutes of that game when I had a friend over. It was his and he had to leave, so he took the game with him. Forever 0%
    If the game is anything like Resident Evil 4 then I'm sure I'll enjoy it. However, it would be nice to be able to shoot and move at the same time so I don't know if they fixed that in RE5.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Congratulations on your new 100% man. I'm glad you have got your motivation back, the way I'm playing lately you'll soon catch me back up again. Good luck with RE5 man, I've got that too and its sat on my shelf for years.
    Hahaha well I'd be surprised if you never had RE5. I mean we usually end up buying the same games anyways lol. I still have a ways to go if I want to catch back up to you but right now I'm more concerned about either finishing RDR, Resistance 2, or starting RE5 so I don't think I'll make any significant strides to closing the gap.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Nice work trooper. I've been meaning to crack the seal on RE5 myself and I've been planning to get back into RDR to knock over the Plat.

I've had a week's break from the PS3 to catch up on work and play with my checklist. As much as looking at my trophy card mildly depresses me and makes me want to clean it up, it's been nice not to push pressure on myself during downtime to achieve anything other than rest and relaxation.
    Well even if you haven't made any progress on your games in a week, you certainly have with your checklist and that will probably pay off and earn you a platinum trophy come Christmas time for winning the checklist of the year award so in the end it evens out lol.

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    Nice job on the new 100% Dena but even more so for having so many games at 100% too,that is an awesome achievement and you should be proud.You also do sound like you have a spring in your step too mate.Perhaps all you needed to do was to play a great game but just do things at your own pace and if the spark comes back,brilliant,if not its no biggie.Just try and have fun like you say and not worry about the trophies but the completionist in you will probably always make that a little difficult to do.
    Thanks man. I feel that by playing a great game like RE4, I was able to find my love of gaming again and not worry so much about trophies. It also helped that RE4 only had easy trophies to begin with that never required you to go out of your way to earn them. Something a lot of games can learn from. However, like you mentioned, the biggest issue I've always had is overcoming my drive to be a completionist, hence wanting to finish off Red Dead Redemption and the Uncharted 2 DLC trophies. If I ever get them out of the way, I'll feel very good about my list.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Platinum Procrastinator

Well I still don't have any new plats or other games at 100%. However, I've been making good progress these last few days on certain games and it got me feeling good about my goals.

I finished almost all of the DLC trophies for Red Dead Redemption and only need the coop ones which is easier said than done as I can't find any dedicated boosting partners.

Today I also hit level 30 on the cooperative campaign in Resistance 2 with the help of another player so I now only have two trophies left before I get the plat, one of them being the dreaded 10,000 online kills. However, the person who helped me get to level 30 in the cooperative campaign is planning on buying the DLC and then we're going to grind out the kills and the plat will be mine soon hopefully.

After that, I just need to start working on the Uncharted 2 DLC and if I can finish all of this before college starts back up in September I'll be very happy. Although, Uncharted 2 may never happen.

Beast Incarnate

Cool progress dude. I'll be well pleased for you once you finally get that Resistance 2 platinum, I know you have been working on it for ages now.

I'm glad you are feeling good about trophy hunting again, hopefully you can close the gap a bit and join myself and DJ in the 70's (I'm not quite there myself yet). Nothing better than a close race.

As for that Uncharted 2 DLC, I wish you all the luck in the world, but damn those trophies suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Well I still don't have any new plats or other games at 100%. However, I've been making good progress these last few days on certain games and it got me feeling good about my goals.

I finished almost all of the DLC trophies for Red Dead Redemption and only need the coop ones which is easier said than done as I can't find any dedicated boosting partners.

Today I also hit level 30 on the cooperative campaign in Resistance 2 with the help of another player so I now only have two trophies left before I get the plat, one of them being the dreaded 10,000 online kills. However, the person who helped me get to level 30 in the cooperative campaign is planning on buying the DLC and then we're going to grind out the kills and the plat will be mine soon hopefully.

After that, I just need to start working on the Uncharted 2 DLC and if I can finish all of this before college starts back up in September I'll be very happy. Although, Uncharted 2 may never happen.
    Sounds like you have a bit to do there Dena,good luck with it mate especially the RDR dlc.I hope you find a reliable partner and im sure you will.Glad to hear your feeling better about the goals to man,i hope we some plats and 100%'s in here soon and if not,its not the end of the world mate just enjoy your gaming

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Platinum Procrastinator

Cool progress dude. I'll be well pleased for you once you finally get that Resistance 2 platinum, I know you have been working on it for ages now.

I'm glad you are feeling good about trophy hunting again, hopefully you can close the gap a bit and join myself and DJ in the 70's (I'm not quite there myself yet). Nothing better than a close race.

As for that Uncharted 2 DLC, I wish you all the luck in the world, but damn those trophies suck!
    Once I get the Resistance 2 platinum trophy I think things will start to pick up. I'll probably concentrate on quickly finishing up a few more of the games on my list so I can join the Perfect Platinum Streak (PPS) group like Rayman Origins, Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, and probably Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. I think the Uncharted 2 DLC will sit on the back burner for awhile longer.

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    Sounds like you have a bit to do there Dena,good luck with it mate especially the RDR dlc.I hope you find a reliable partner and im sure you will.Glad to hear your feeling better about the goals to man,i hope we some plats and 100%'s in here soon and if not,its not the end of the world mate just enjoy your gaming
    Thanks John and I'm hoping to find a reliable partner soon as I want to finish off RDR at 100% before college starts again come September.

Platinum Procrastinator

So after a little while, I've finally managed to complete one of three goals I halfheartedly set for this summer and that was getting 100% in Red Dead Redemption. The other two remaining goals are getting the platinum trophy in Resistance 2 and 100% in Uncharted 2, but I don't think I'll be going for that for awhile now as summer is almost over and doing a bunch of online DLC trophies on one game is enough.

With RDR out of the way, I'm going to concentrate on Resistance 2 and hopefully finish off the 10,000 kills in a week or so.

Change is mediocre

Congratulations on RDR 100%. And good luck with Resistance 2, I loved the game but all my data and trophies were reset when my dad formatted my ps3 >:F I guess I never synched the account (I hadn't known or cared about trophies when it came out). How many kills do you still need? I think I was at about 500

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    Congratulations on RDR 100%. And good luck with Resistance 2, I loved the game but all my data and trophies were reset when my dad formatted my ps3 >:F I guess I never synched the account (I hadn't known or cared about trophies when it came out). How many kills do you still need? I think I was at about 500
    Oh man sorry to hear that, that's rough. I'm sitting on 2600 kills I believe so I still have a long ways to go. However, I think if I can manage to put in five hours a day for four days I'll have it done providing the boosting runs smoothly, but knowing the servers, it won't.

Beast Incarnate

Congratulations on the RDR 100% man. Good luck on Resistance, 10,000 kills is insane!

PRO Member

Congrats on reaching 100% In RDR. Good luck with Resistance 2.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Congrats on the RDR 100% Dena,well done mate.I take you got your problem sorted and pretty damn quick too.Nice work man,keep it going

Platinum Procrastinator

Congratulations on the RDR 100% man. Good luck on Resistance, 10,000 kills is insane!
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebit10 View Post
    Congrats on reaching 100% In RDR. Good luck with Resistance 2.
    Thanks guys, its going to be a week or so before I can finish off the remaining kills and get the plat. However, once I do I'll be pretty happy to add the platinum trophy to my collection and finally be able to move onto new things.

Where The Wind Blows

I saw your RDR 100% when I checked your profile after you commented on my checklist... so let me join the "Congrats on the RDR 100%!" party!

Terrible, terrible DLC trophies - it's one game that got the best of me on my old account. Good job getting it.

Click for some context for this signature. It rotates the lyric every time it's reloaded!

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by Voltergeist View Post
    I saw your RDR 100% when I checked your profile after you commented on my checklist... so let me join the "Congrats on the RDR 100%!" party!

Terrible, terrible DLC trophies - it's one game that got the best of me on my old account. Good job getting it.
    Thanks man, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed going for the majority of the trophies as the last time I played RDR before returning to it was after hitting level 50 online and was honestly dreading returning to it. However, a lot of them can be done with just one other player and are very easy to earn. There are a few though that require large boosting groups and can take some time which is what makes it a bit more difficult to earn 100%.

Player Hater

Congrats on the 100% for RDR. Fantastic effort! It's a 100% I desperately want, but am nowhere close enough to achieving. Great work on that 100%, definitely one to be proud of.

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Keyser View Post
    Congrats on the 100% for RDR. Fantastic effort! It's a 100% I desperately want, but am nowhere close enough to achieving. Great work on that 100%, definitely one to be proud of.
    Thanks DJ. You should eventually go for the 100% as its a lot of fun except for a few of the trophies that require large boosting groups. However, by using the .org website, you can easily find a lot of boosters.

PRO Member

I gotta get back into RDR some day congrats mate.

Ze Paradox Ninja Assassin

Belated congrats on RDR! Good luck on Resistance 2, that game can take your soul for a very long time before you get the platinum.

95.37% Completion

Currently Playing

Sonic Unleashed
    Payday 2

Recently Finished

Call of Duty: Classic
    Crysis 3

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by drjackel666 View Post
    I gotta get back into RDR some day congrats mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazikiller View Post
    Belated congrats on RDR! Good luck on Resistance 2, that game can take your soul for a very long time before you get the platinum.
    Thanks, I forgot how good RDR is and was dreading returning to it but once I started playing the Undead Nightmare campaign I really enjoyed it. However there are a few online trophies that are a pain to earn.

As for Resistance 2, one of my boosting partners stopped playing the game and started Metal Gear Solid 4 so he's out while the other one got the platinum after out second time boosting as the server messed up and gave him around 6500 extra kills so he too is out.

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast