Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Denaratuck's 3P's (Platinum Procrastination Presentation)

This is a discussion on Denaratuck's 3P's (Platinum Procrastination Presentation) within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII Good read. I still have Alone In The Dark sitting on my shelf. A PS+ Savings ...

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Good read. I still have Alone In The Dark sitting on my shelf. A PS+ Savings section sounds like a good idea too. I've saved quite a bit so far myself.
    If you ever get around to playing Alone in the Dark, hopefully you won't have the same problems I did with a few of the trophies and hopefully you enjoy it. Like I said in my comments, the game is fairly good and I really liked what they were trying to do with it. However, it could of been so much better than what it actually was. As for the PS+ section. I got the the idea from Oscar on his old checklist and now every time I buy something on the PSN store, I write down the PS+ price and the regular price. The last time I checked, I believe I was close to saving the amount of money it cost for a years subscription. However, I think I'm well above that now.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Keyser View Post
    I agree with your AITD: Inferno comments. I liked what the game was trying to do, but it let itself down in quite a few places. After playing the Uncharted series... imagine what Naughty Dog could have done with that game!
    Yeah if someone like Naughty Dog worked on the game it would of been amazing. Imagine if Drake found certain items in his games and could combine them to make items he needed to use as he progresses. That reminds me, they should make a MacGyver game featuring this system as he would be the man to make a full game around it lol.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Platinum Procrastinator

Well today I hit the breaking point for Resistance 2 and decided to play something else. I went back to Dead Nation and managed to finish two levels after a couple of freezing issues. I'll probably go back to Resistance 2 again tomorrow as I only need a few more pieces of intel for the cooperative campaign and then I just need to hit level 30. After that the real fun begins with trying to hit 10,000 kills, oh yay!...

I'm back...kinda

I don't blame you for taking a break from it as I know that the co-op still takes a good amount of time which no one seems to talk about as it's overshadowed by the 10000kill trophy. Have fun with all the bunny hopping Wraith n00bs online that's what made the 10000kill trophy painful to get.

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    I don't blame you for taking a break from it as I know that the co-op still takes a good amount of time which no one seems to talk about as it's overshadowed by the 10000kill trophy. Have fun with all the bunny hopping Wraith n00bs online that's what made the 10000kill trophy painful to get.
    Yeah I never expected the cooperative to take so long. I just figured I'd get everything done in a day or two and then start on the 10k kills. As for the competitive mode. I played one game and I believe I only managed to get 6 kills lol. I tried to sneak up on the enemy but playing in games where there's 30 vs 30 you can never stay hiding very long and I always got either sniped or ambushed lol.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Yeah I never expected the cooperative to take so long. I just figured I'd get everything done in a day or two and then start on the 10k kills. As for the competitive mode. I played one game and I believe I only managed to get 6 kills lol. I tried to sneak up on the enemy but playing in games where there's 30 vs 30 you can never stay hiding very long and I always got either sniped or ambushed lol.
    if you boost it you can get 99999 points per match and still can take 20 hours -_-

Lvl 6 - Silver

Sry to hear about the long grinds for Resistance 2 Denara, I too will be suffering Resistance 2's never ending onslaught of Wraith Noobs and Snipers in competitive but I will hopefully enjoy the help of experienced players in co-op I'm halfway to level 25 with the soldier class now.

Awesome Sig by TheGeneral09
    My Awesome Checklist

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsoldier36 View Post
    if you boost it you can get 99999 points per match and still can take 20 hours -_-
    Yeah I did that a few games with two other people but it still took us awhile for all three of us to get the 99,999 experience. Even then, I might of jumped a level and a half. I think I'm currently level 18.5 so I still have a long way to go. Luckily, I manage to have a lot of good games where I make between 20-30k exp per game as the medic without boosting.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tonto View Post
    Sry to hear about the long grinds for Resistance 2 Denara, I too will be suffering Resistance 2's never ending onslaught of Wraith Noobs and Snipers in competitive but I will hopefully enjoy the help of experienced players in co-op I'm halfway to level 25 with the soldier class now.
    Well it looks like you're a lot closer to me in both the cooperative and competitive campaigns lol. I'm sure I'll eventually get the platinum trophy. However, right now I'm hating having to work towards it lol.

Platinum Procrastinator

Just spent another hour or so adding in my Portal 2 plat and PSN 100% for Golden Axe. If anybodies interested you can check out my comments on both games. That takes me just a little bit closer to eventually filling in all of my games, however, I don't know when it'll be finished

I'm back...kinda

I've heard nothing but good things about Portal 2 and it seems like any easy plat from comments. If it on sale during Black Friday then I'll have to get to. As always I like reading your comments. I still have to play Mass Effect 2 as well.

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    I've heard nothing but good things about Portal 2 and it seems like any easy plat from comments. If it on sale during Black Friday then I'll have to get to. As always I like reading your comments. I still have to play Mass Effect 2 as well.
    Yeah you really should pick up Portal 2. The way you're plowing through plats now you could probably earn it in a day, but probably two once you get a good partner. As for Mass Effect 2, I still need to play it for the PS3 as well. I already beat it on the 360 but never bothered with any of the DLC. However, that was a long time ago before I was addicted to trophies or achievements so I definitely want to not only earn the plat, but also get 100% as well.

2011 Member of the Year

Just spent another hour or so adding in my Portal 2 plat and PSN 100% for Golden Axe. If anybodies interested you can check out my comments on both games. That takes me just a little bit closer to eventually filling in all of my games, however, I don't know when it'll be finished
    Nice, man

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeneral09 View Post
    Nice, man
    Thanks for continuing to check out my checklist General As for updates. I finally added all of the headers Alison made for me so you can check them out now. Some of them still have no information yet, but I'll eventually get around to adding that in hopefully.

PRO Member

You got your list looking quite nice. I really think you shoud go back to Uncharted. I'm not a big fan of multiple play throughs either but I stuck it out.

Did you ever get your RDR back. I'm thinking about playing some this weekend for the 4X experience. Not sure yet.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by snakebit10 View Post
    You got your list looking quite nice. I really think you shoud go back to Uncharted. I'm not a big fan of multiple play throughs either but I stuck it out.

Did you ever get your RDR back. I'm thinking about playing some this weekend for the 4X experience. Not sure yet.
    I'll get back to Uncharted eventually, but right now its still loaned out along with RDR and about 30 other games to an old friend. Speaking of which, I need to get some of those games back from him because I eventually want to finish RDR and Uncharted 2 100%. The longer I keep putting it off, the less motivated I am to finish them.

Also, playing Resistance 2 has really put a stop to my trophy earning and kinda makes me feel depressed. I think I'm sitting on 146 of the 10,000 kills needed for one of the trophies Even trying to boost this has been difficult as people are never on when I am, and even when they are, we always find randoms who join the game and ruin it.

PRO Member

I'll get back to Uncharted eventually, but right now its still loaned out along with RDR and about 30 other games to an old friend. Speaking of which, I need to get some of those games back from him because I eventually want to finish RDR and Uncharted 2 100%. The longer I keep putting it off, the less motivated I am to finish them.

Also, playing Resistance 2 has really put a stop to my trophy earning and kinda makes me feel depressed. I think I'm sitting on 146 of the 10,000 kills needed for one of the trophies Even trying to boost this has been difficult as people are never on when I am, and even when they are, we always find randoms who join the game and ruin it.

I to have games I have been putting off and the more I do the less likely I think I am going back to them.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Beast Incarnate

Banners are looking really nice. It might be an idea to take a break from Resistance to earn yourself a few trophies elsewhere, like a PSN game so you can still have Resistance as your 50th. I did it when I was getting frustrated with PES2010.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

that is a really great cl and with great in depth reviews.that was a great read and you have some awesome s in there and i bet it took you a while to do the list.i can see a great deal of effort must have gone into it so great work.just wish i had that many

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by snakebit10 View Post
    I to have games I have been putting off and the more I do the less likely I think I am going back to them.
    Hahaha, I guess this is a good complaint to have. I remember back when I would get 3-5 games a year for the NES and would try to make sure my friends got different games so we could play as many different ones as possible. Nowadays, I have almost 40, if not more, games I haven't even opened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Banners are looking really nice. It might be an idea to take a break from Resistance to earn yourself a few trophies elsewhere, like a PSN game so you can still have Resistance as your 50th. I did it when I was getting frustrated with PES2010.
    Yeah I thought about that and bought a bunch of new games this week on the PSN store. However, I hear there is a trophy competition starting sometime very soon in December so the chances of me earning a good plat like Resistance 2 or Dark Souls as number 50 probably might not happen now

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    that is a really great cl and with great in depth reviews.that was a great read and you have some awesome s in there and i bet it took you a while to do the list.i can see a great deal of effort must have gone into it so great work.just wish i had that many
    Thanks for taking the time to read through the checklist and for the compliments. It did take me a long time to get to where I am today in terms of the checklist, however, I still have a long way to go but always put it off lol. As for the plats. A lot of them were earned during different platinum competitions that Bodigard has hosted. You should join the next one he has which I think is going to be in December.

Platinum Procrastinator

Well with the annual end of year awards upon us, I finally got around to unveiling the secret project I was working on with TheGeneral09 called The Platinum Times. I believe I only have 11/49 done right now, but that's really my fault for not getting more to TheGeneral. I'll eventually have them all done when I get around to writing more up, but for now these 11 will just show off my idea and TheGeneral's hard and impressive work.

As always, please leave any comments weather good or bad (hopefully good lol) here and if you notice any mistakes or errors please feel free to let me know.

I'm back...kinda

Well with the annual end of year awards upon us, I finally got around to unveiling the secret project I was working on with TheGeneral09 called The Platinum Times. I believe I only have 11/49 done right now, but that's really my fault for not getting more to TheGeneral. I'll eventually have them all done when I get around to writing more up, but for now these 11 will just show off my idea and TheGeneral's hard and impressive work.

As always, please leave any comments weather good or bad (hopefully good lol) here and if you notice any mistakes or errors please feel free to let me know.
    Very innovative and looks awesome, I love the rating system with each game having it's own symbol. I think this is the new standard of checklists here on this site once it's all finish.

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast