Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

How-To: Rebuild The PS3 Database For Better Speed

This is a discussion on How-To: Rebuild The PS3 Database For Better Speed within the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Dead Space 2 is a survival horror third-person shooter. The player controls Isaac Clarke from a third-person point of view, ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Dead Space 2 is a survival horror third-person shooter. The player controls Isaac Clarke from a third-person point of view, looking over the character's right shoulder. The game features no HUD, relying on holograms projected from the player character and his weapons to show information such as messages and ammunition count, respectively. Player health and stasis are shown by visual indicators on Isaac's back. Isaac must fight an alien organism that infects and takes control of human corpses, turning them into "Necromorphs", mutating their bodies.

The player acquires two modules; a "stasis" module, allowing the player to slow down enemies or objects, allowing for otherwise insurmountable moving obstacles such as active heavy machinery to be slowed down, allowing Isaac to safely pass, and the "kinesis" module, which allows Isaac to manipulate objects and machinery telekinetically.

The player may upgrade their weapons and armor at work benches, using power nodes found throughout the game. In-game stores may be accessed where the player may buy and sell various items and attain new weapons and suits through the acquisition of schematics found throughout the levels.

A Vampire with a Soul

what an interesting piece of infromation

member since Oct 2009

Quote Originally Posted by jacob.jhon99 View Post

Dead Space 2 is a survival horror third-person shooter. The player controls Isaac Clarke from a third-person point of view, looking over the character's right shoulder. The game features no HUD, relying on holograms projected from the player character and his weapons to show information such as messages and ammunition count, respectively. Player health and stasis are shown by visual indicators on Isaac's back. Isaac must fight an alien organism that infects and takes control of human corpses, turning them into "Necromorphs", mutating their bodies.

The player acquires two modules; a "stasis" module, allowing the player to slow down enemies or objects, allowing for otherwise insurmountable moving obstacles such as active heavy machinery to be slowed down, allowing Isaac to safely pass, and the "kinesis" module, which allows Isaac to manipulate objects and machinery telekinetically.

The player may upgrade their weapons and armor at work benches, using power nodes found throughout the game. In-game stores may be accessed where the player may buy and sell various items and attain new weapons and suits through the acquisition of schematics found throughout the levels.
    lol what?
    You're in the wrong thread. You're looking for the Dead Space 2 forum.

Death is Awaiting....

Quote Originally Posted by fillabong View Post
    lol what?
    You're in the wrong thread. You're looking for the Dead Space 2 forum.
    He's just a spam bot

Sig by Achantion

Chuck Norris Approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Tht-Nova7 View Post
    what an interesting piece of infromation
    Ok, that is the first sig I have ever seen in like the last 3 year's that is hmmm Not sure how to put it, look away from. Think it may be due to the fact I've been married 12 year's too. Well shit the sig didn't show up so this post make's no sense now. Well just look up at Nova7's sig. See the sig has me all frazzled.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Lvl 1 - Bronze

My PS3 is new, But this is a good for the ps3 "veterans"

Plat. Blackjack Warrior

NYC, NY ( Or where the Navy sends me :-D)

huh! i'll give it a try but i'll take those warning by others into consideration.

Playing: Final Fantasy 14
    Latest /100%: Saint Rows 4
    Next Platinum/100% Goal: FF 14 (going to a LONG haul...)
    CLAN/GUILD: KUPO KNIGHTS - SARGATANAS SERVER
    LINK: http://kupoknights.guildwork.com/

Lvl 7 - Gold

Didn't this thread already existed? Now it's a good thread, i do it also very often, and my PS3 rarely freezes..... It's one of the best things you can do to preserve your PS3... That and every week giving it a good vacuuming.. I still have my 60 gb....

member since Oct 2009

Quote Originally Posted by NTGSruler View Post
    Didn't this thread already existed? Now it's a good thread, i do it also very often, and my PS3 rarely freezes..... It's one of the best things you can do to preserve your PS3... That and every week giving it a good vacuuming.. I still have my 60 gb....
    It existed before Zero Hour.

I still say to use at your own risk. Hate to hear people losing their saves.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Just worked fine for me…
    I had an issue with Sega Rally Online Arcade freezing twice on me, so I rebuilt the hard drive and it hasn't frozen since!!
    BTW; I'm running an old phat 40gb converted to 80gb.

PRO Member

I have the Phat 60g and my HDMI output stopped working a few updates ago and i have start to have a lot of freezing. Sony told me how to do the reset to no avail and then they gave up and said send it to them along with $150 US. I have tried other HD tvs, new cable, and periodic resets in the end I just gave up and decided to get a new PS3 this month but now i will try this to see if DB rebuild helps. Will let you guys know if it is everything i hope and dream it will be.

This _ _ _ _ is getting Serious!

PRO Member

interesting stuff..

I sing Warm Kitty to my PS3 when powering down and wish her night-night as I close the door, worked well so far.
    smoke me a kipper I'll be back for Breakfast

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    I'm one of those folks warning against this too.

If you're running a large HDD in your PS3 (100GB+), it can corrupt it leaving the drive unreadable. I've had this happen twice while running this tool.

Sony built the Backup / Restore, Transfer and Recovery Menu tools with the 60GB launch model in mind. They don't work properly when you get into the 250GB+ territory.

If you're having problems with the speed of your PS3, a clean format is the way to go.
    I'll take your advice, good sir.

The One and Only

+Rep for the post. I'll be sure to use it one of these days

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigdundada View Post
    I have the Phat 60g and my HDMI output stopped working a few updates ago and i have start to have a lot of freezing. Sony told me how to do the reset to no avail and then they gave up and said send it to them along with $150 US. I have tried other HD tvs, new cable, and periodic resets in the end I just gave up and decided to get a new PS3 this month but now i will try this to see if DB rebuild helps. Will let you guys know if it is everything i hope and dream it will be.
    This did not fix my problems- still no HDMI and games still freezing. i guess its off to gamestop for a new one and i will still send the other back to Sony for refurbishing so that i can keep my ps2 games.

This _ _ _ _ is getting Serious!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Thanks for sharing this tip! Very appreciated!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

C`mon now....If your going to re-post my thread you could at least include some credit </3 90% of this is word for word with my original </3</3</3

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdorableNirvash View Post
    C`mon now....If your going to re-post my thread you could at least include some credit </3 90% of this is word for word with my original </3</3</3
    I got it from here: PS3 Rebuild Database & FAQ | Recovery Menu | Tips and Tricks PS3 Blog and Community | PS3Blog.net | PS3/Vita News, Reviews & Opinions

Don't know why I didn't include the source first time around but it's been added now.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Kylo View Post
    I got it from here: PS3 Rebuild Database & FAQ | Recovery Menu | Tips and Tricks PS3 Blog and Community | PS3Blog.net | PS3/Vita News, Reviews & Opinions

Don't know why I didn't include the source first time around but it's been added now.
    Double outch.

Harvester of Souls

How often is this recommended to do? I've never done it.. but should I expect to see a noticible difference if having no issues currently? Also could this help extend the life of a system?

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast