Controller or Stick???

This is a discussion on Controller or Stick??? within the Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 forum, part of the U; Just a thought< but I use a controller alot and have been doing the missions for all the characters but ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Controller or Stick???

Just a thought< but I use a controller alot and have been doing the missions for all the characters but the farthest I am able to get with everyone is either the 7th or 8th mission and have been grinding to succesfully pass em for a minute! I thought to myself would it be easier to buy a stick from mad catz to do the missions or bang it out with a controller? Anyways I was just curious to see what anyone used or if thats the route to go. Any advice works. THANKS!

Carnage_DBC *Tacoma Washington*
    LONG LIVE PS3!

You weak azz niggs

See my initial post in this thread...... http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/ge...ht-sticks.html

To answer your question, it is easier to execute moves, but you won't just instantly do moves right away. It takes time to get used to. It's about preference. It's not necessary to spend $150 just for one game...... If you like fighters and commit to practicing then go for it. I can play with either choice and be as effective. I did all my game with the dualshock, just to let you know.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Thats wassup. Thanks grim!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by grimydawg View Post
    See my initial post in this thread...... http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/ge...ht-sticks.html

To answer your question, it is easier to execute moves, but you won't just instantly do moves right away. It takes time to get used to. It's about preference. It's not necessary to spend $150 just for one game...... If you like fighters and commit to practicing then go for it. I can play with either choice and be as effective. I did all my game with the dualshock, just to let you know.
    just like what he said, don't buy a stick if its only for just this game. Buy it for all fight games, and realize you are gonna have to invest some serious time in it!!!
    Sig/Avatar by JackAttack

PRO Member

The difficulty starts to get tough with 8, all the ones before are really not that hard to pull off.

I use a controller, I don't use an Arcade fight stick cuz I like using the controller. I can't say if it's easier to execute the moves with a fight stick but I guess it all depends on the user.
    Basically you don't have to have a fight stick to complete mission mode, but if you have the time and want one then that's down to you

Sig by Smashguy

Regional Manager of War

If your trying to only do trails, missions, or challenges you only need pad but if your trying to get into the competitive crowd of fighting games a stick is needed. The reason is what if you go to a tournament and there playing on 360 but you need a ps3 pad to play the game, your screwed but with stick the controls are the same for you on any console.