Mission Help Thread

This is a discussion on Mission Help Thread within the Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 forum, part of the U; I've decided to start this thread for folks who are having trouble with missions. I'm by no means an expert, ...

You weak azz niggs

Mission Help Thread

I've decided to start this thread for folks who are having trouble with missions. I'm by no means an expert, but I have the knowledge to help folks out. I'm in the 470s on my primary account. I have a better idea how to do the missions more consistently now. If you guys have have tips, share them I know it's ultimately up to folks to do them, but at least some may have a better understanding.
    Last edited by grimydawg; 12-02-2011 at 07:55 PM.

Lvl 6 - Silver

for Magneto Mission 10 if gravity squeeze didn't work.. after you pressed the launch button input DP or Shoryuken then Up that should work perfectly..

neo
    Lvl 1 - Bronze

I finally join these forums,=) if anybody has question feel free to post them here on my buds thread. I have a good hang of the mission as i have done them 3 times =). It would be nice grimydawg if you made a video using the dpad. =)

Royal Flush X2

I might as well put some of the many missions that are giving me trouble.
    Amaterasu #9, the part where I switch weapons in the air but I can't seem to connect the next move.
    Iron man #8, after doing X-factor and doing the air moves, the standing H never connects

EDIT: Woot got Amaterasu #9 done for all missions clear with that character. Now to get that stupid Iron man #8
    Last edited by omnislash; 01-06-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

hi just wonderin if there any tips or some one can tell me how to cancel a combo is it all about speed or am i just not pressing summets any help would be appropriated

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by X-WARD_ARMY View Post
    hi just wonderin if there any tips or some one can tell me how to cancel a combo is it all about speed or am i just not pressing summets any help would be appropriated
    can you give me a example of canceling is it like Low Attack , Medium Attack , High Attack then Special Move is it that cancel or is it super cancel or is it x-factor cancel?!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

hi the basic cancel like where it says perfom a special move cancel or hyper move cancel example caps 3 hit combo cancel in to shield slash mision is there a guide anywer showing how to perform the cancels or does it depend on the speed of the last move

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by X-WARD_ARMY View Post
    hi the basic cancel like where it says perfom a special move cancel or hyper move cancel example caps 3 hit combo cancel in to shield slash mision is there a guide anywer showing how to perform the cancels or does it depend on the speed of the last move
    Well it is pretty basic all is shown on mission mode if it said for example Standing Medium Attack, then High Attack, then QCF (Quarter Circle Forward) + Low/Medium/High Attack it means do the moves simultaneously..

Royal Flush X2

For those who have the master of the tasks trophy, which missions were the hardest for you? So far I have 16 characters done, Nova, Ghost Rider, Hulk, Chris, Arthur, Spencer, Zero, Frank West, Nemesis, Wesker, Amaterasu, Hsien-Ko, Ryu, Phoenix Wright, Trish, and Dormammu.

While I'm here any tips for Shuma-Gorath 10 as when doing the 2nd mystic stare, Ryu seems to be too high to connect it.

You weak azz niggs

Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    For those who have the master of the tasks trophy, which missions were the hardest for you? So far I have 16 characters done, Nova, Ghost Rider, Hulk, Chris, Arthur, Spencer, Zero, Frank West, Nemesis, Wesker, Amaterasu, Hsien-Ko, Ryu, Phoenix Wright, Trish, and Dormammu.

While I'm here any tips for Shuma-Gorath 10 as when doing the 2nd mystic stare, Ryu seems to be too high to connect it.
    The only ones I had a little trouble with were Magneto's and Captain America's. Doom's can be a little tricky too. For Shuma's, if that's the case you'll need to slightly delay the inputs. Do you actually get the Mystic Stare out?
    Last edited by grimydawg; 01-09-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Lvl 6 - Silver

My Hardest so far is Magneto since i really don't like Air Dash Loops and sorry dude don't know Shuma's Missions because i don't have the dlc characters..

Royal Flush X2

Quote Originally Posted by grimydawg View Post
    The only ones I had a little trouble with were Magneto's and Captain America's. Doom's can be a little tricky too. For Shuma's, if that's the case you'll need to slightly delay the inputs. Do you actually get the Mystic Stare out?
    Yep I do get the mystic stare out, I'll try to slighty delay the inputs for it.

Royal Flush X2

Yep I do get the mystic stare out, I'll try to slighty delay the inputs for it.
    Got that mission done, that was one of the tricks to getting that mission as doing it to fast won't get the mystic stare out but the mystic stare must also be delayed so the S can connect. Of course a few times at the end, I messed up the air grab for the chaos dimension hyper, but now it's done. Also finish off a few more characters now up to 20 done.

PRO Member

That's great omnislash!! I forgot about this thread... I'll try to give you guys some tips

Sig by Smashguy

Royal Flush X2

I might as well thrown a tip in that made a #9 mission easy Doctor Strange #9, after doing the 1st impact palm, dash foward as you have some time and then do the rest of the combo as it became easy even for me.

Still having problems with Iron Man #8, the standing H never connects after doing the lower focus shot in air. I've tried delaying the lower focus shot and but dante just recovers and doing the combo normally, dante blocks the standing in the air. This one should be easy but just can't connect that standing H. His #9 was easy compare to this one.

PRO Member

I might as well thrown a tip in that made a #9 mission easy Doctor Strange #9, after doing the 1st impact palm, dash foward as you have some time and then do the rest of the combo as it became easy even for me.

Still having problems with Iron Man #8, the standing H never connects after doing the lower focus shot in air. I've tried delaying the lower focus shot and but dante just recovers and doing the combo normally, dante blocks the standing in the air. This one should be easy but just can't connect that standing H. His #9 was easy compare to this one.
    Goos job on pointing that out. Dr Strange, after you do his impact palm, dashing forward or taking a few steps forward is the key to do his missions imo one of the easiest btw.

Ironman mission #8 (I just watched a video, don't remember it that well but if this doesn't help I'll try it out just to check)
    What you need to do is X-factor asap after the cr.H hits! Then continue the combo, and try to start the the air combo while jumping and don't wait for Ironman to be at the highest point in the air!
    X-factor to air combo is tight, you'll get the flow.. keep trying.

Sig by Smashguy

Royal Flush X2

I got the master of tasks trophy. A few tips to make the missions a little easier, do them in corners, only a couple are easier done in mid-screen. Also X-factor can make some missions easier.

For the final mission I got done for this trophy, Felicia 10 use x-factor before starting the combo and then wait several jumps before doing the combo so that X-factor will run out before you have to do it in the combo.

You weak azz niggs

I got the master of tasks trophy. A few tips to make the missions a little easier, do them in corners, only a couple are easier done in mid-screen. Also X-factor can make some missions easier.

For the final mission I got done for this trophy, Felicia 10 use x-factor before starting the combo and then wait several jumps before doing the combo so that X-factor will run out before you have to do it in the combo.
    All you had to was delay the inputs a bit for that one also It was kind of like the Wolverine one, but longer

PRO Member

x-factor is does make missions easy, but most times I used to screw up then have to restart and do it again... I thought it was better to do them without x-factor. Nice job though

Quote Originally Posted by grimydawg View Post
    All you had to was delay the inputs a bit for that one also It was kind of like the Wolverine one, but longer
    I thought Felicia's was a bit easier than Wolverine... but yeah it was all about delaying them air attacks

Sig by Smashguy

PRO Member

I'm having trouble with some basic ones like low crouched and the high standing then back to crouch low, medium or high. It just seems that it doesn't give you enough time to differentiate your moves by crouching and then releasing the controller to do the next move. It just resets the move list. Also, I am playing it on the Vita.