Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Did you get 6th ranked by winning matches or boosting?

This is a discussion on Did you get 6th ranked by winning matches or boosting? within the Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 forum, part of the U; Originally Posted by Doctor_Doom Actually to many pro players Wolverine is apparently stronger in this version than he was at ...

  1. #21
    PRO Member
    DRAGON1NINJA's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,433
    Reputation
    168

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Doom View Post
    Actually to many pro players Wolverine is apparently stronger in this version than he was at vanilla. I think he just requires more execution than he did in vanilla. Doom on the other hand is insane, it's just that his corner loops became stoopidly easy and the damage nerf to his Sphere Flame kinda hindered him.

    It's not about cheap characters. I've played some Vergil's, Dante's, Wesker's that were just awful and I've played against some amazing Wesker's as well. In order to rank up quickly, it's all about win-streaks. A guy I played from GFAQS made 6th Lord with only 72-7 loses. I know the dude had like a 30 or 40 game win-streak as well.
    I found Wolverine a bit weak in ranked mode cuz ALL players there spam moves from far away just to rank up and Wolverine can't do much, close range he is excellent and I use him when I play against friends. I changed him for Dr. Doom cuz if somebody started to spam then I would switch out and spam too... no point trying to fight fair if the other is being a coward and spamming. Also his hidden missiles assist is great against the spammers, allows me to get close and punish the fool

    I too have come up against some skilled Dante/Vergil users but also some bad, I guess that's the same with all characters.

    Sig by Smashguy

  2. #22
    I'm back...kinda
    omnislash's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,174
    Reputation
    199

    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    I found Wolverine a bit weak in ranked mode cuz ALL players there spam moves from far away just to rank up and Wolverine can't do much, close range he is excellent and I use him when I play against friends. I changed him for Dr. Doom cuz if somebody started to spam then I would switch out and spam too... no point trying to fight fair if the other is being a coward and spamming. Also his hidden missiles assist is great against the spammers, allows me to get close and punish the fool

    I too have come up against some skilled Dante/Vergil users but also some bad, I guess that's the same with all characters.
    I agree if there not fighting fair then why not do it back to them. I've had my share of spammers but I had this one that kept doing sentinel laser over and over again, so when my sentinel came out I did same to him to piss him off of course and I won and then he sends me hate mail calling me a spammer and some other names when he did it first. I reported his dumb ass for foul language then blocked. So far out of any mutiplayer I've done I've gotten the most hate mail and still have many matches to go

  3. #23
    PRO Member
    DRAGON1NINJA's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,433
    Reputation
    168

    Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    I agree if there not fighting fair then why not do it back to them. I've had my share of spammers but I had this one that kept doing sentinel laser over and over again, so when my sentinel came out I did same to him to piss him off of course and I won and then he sends me hate mail calling me a spammer and some other names when he did it first. I reported his dumb ass for foul language then blocked. So far out of any mutiplayer I've done I've gotten the most hate mail and still have many matches to go
    Hate mail, love that stuff
    Ranked mode = spammers but in lobby matches you can watch some great players and about 8/10 people actually fight fair and perform some great combos and stuff!! You'll see the difference for sure.

    Sig by Smashguy

  4. #24
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Doctor_Doom's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Latveria
    Posts
    776
    Reputation
    46

    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    I found Wolverine a bit weak in ranked mode cuz ALL players there spam moves from far away just to rank up and Wolverine can't do much, close range he is excellent and I use him when I play against friends. I changed him for Dr. Doom cuz if somebody started to spam then I would switch out and spam too... no point trying to fight fair if the other is being a coward and spamming. Also his hidden missiles assist is great against the spammers, allows me to get close and punish the fool

    I too have come up against some skilled Dante/Vergil users but also some bad, I guess that's the same with all characters.
    Wolverine went from being on everyone's team to being hardly used because of "Swiss Cheese." You can't rapid fire his Cr. L's anyone and people just dropped him like a bad habit. Zoning Wolverine is a viable tactic, the last thing you want is a talented Wolverine player in your face.

    Hidden Missiles is a great assist but it does leave Doom out there for a long time and you can get happy birthday'd really easily. I lost a lot of matches in vanilla because Trish and Doom were caught and with people running away from your x-factor, Wesker has a hard time getting in. Gun shot teleports are easily sniffed out nowadays.

    I was playing on my alt account and I was called a spammer. Apparently my Wesker did no combos, Doom just did 100 footdives and Trish spammed projectiles. Apparently my knowledge of the VS series came into question and I didn't know that UMvC3 is a fighting game, not a shooting game. Lol the sodium in the guy's messages were on a pretty high level.

    BTW Onmislash, you play a damn good keep away game. My Doom, Ammy and Wesker team couldn't get in on you at all.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

    Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

  5. #25
    You weak azz niggs
    grimydawg's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (USA)
    Posts
    531
    Reputation
    52

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Doom View Post
    Wolverine went from being on everyone's team to being hardly used because of "Swiss Cheese." You can't rapid fire his Cr. L's anyone and people just dropped him like a bad habit. Zoning Wolverine is a viable tactic, the last thing you want is a talented Wolverine player in your face.

    Hidden Missiles is a great assist but it does leave Doom out there for a long time and you can get happy birthday'd really easily. I lost a lot of matches in vanilla because Trish and Doom were caught and with people running away from your x-factor, Wesker has a hard time getting in. Gun shot teleports are easily sniffed out nowadays.

    I was playing on my alt account and I was called a spammer. Apparently my Wesker did no combos, Doom just did 100 footdives and Trish spammed projectiles. Apparently my knowledge of the VS series came into question and I didn't know that UMvC3 is a fighting game, not a shooting game. Lol the sodium in the guy's messages were on a pretty high level.

    BTW Onmislash, you play a damn good keep away game. My Doom, Ammy and Wesker team couldn't get in on you at all.
    Ha, Ha, Foot, Foot Dive, FACE ME!!!!! This game is over!!!!!



  6. #26
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Doctor_Doom's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Latveria
    Posts
    776
    Reputation
    46

    Quote Originally Posted by grimydawg View Post
    Ha, Ha, Foot, Foot Dive, FACE ME!!!!! This game is over!!!!!
    Ha! Ha! Boom! Ha! Ha! Boom! Gravity Squeeze! Muwhahahaha You are defeated!
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

    Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

  7. #27
    I'm back...kinda
    omnislash's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,174
    Reputation
    199

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Doom View Post
    Wolverine went from being on everyone's team to being hardly used because of "Swiss Cheese." You can't rapid fire his Cr. L's anyone and people just dropped him like a bad habit. Zoning Wolverine is a viable tactic, the last thing you want is a talented Wolverine player in your face.

    Hidden Missiles is a great assist but it does leave Doom out there for a long time and you can get happy birthday'd really easily. I lost a lot of matches in vanilla because Trish and Doom were caught and with people running away from your x-factor, Wesker has a hard time getting in. Gun shot teleports are easily sniffed out nowadays.

    I was playing on my alt account and I was called a spammer. Apparently my Wesker did no combos, Doom just did 100 footdives and Trish spammed projectiles. Apparently my knowledge of the VS series came into question and I didn't know that UMvC3 is a fighting game, not a shooting game. Lol the sodium in the guy's messages were on a pretty high level.

    BTW Onmislash, you play a damn good keep away game. My Doom, Ammy and Wesker team couldn't get in on you at all.
    I must say thanks for all the help support and tips but I'm playing ranked matches and all I do is get my ass kicked and then get messages on how I sucked. I'm just about to give up on trying this legit. Boosting might be the way to go for me.

  8. #28
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Doctor_Doom's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Latveria
    Posts
    776
    Reputation
    46

    Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    I must say thanks for all the help support and tips but I'm playing ranked matches and all I do is get my ass kicked and then get messages on how I sucked. I'm just about to give up on trying this legit. Boosting might be the way to go for me.
    Yeah hatemail is rather pathetic. Do what you gotta do brother. As long as you get the plat you're golden.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

    Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

  9. #29
    You weak azz niggs
    grimydawg's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (USA)
    Posts
    531
    Reputation
    52

    Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    I must say thanks for all the help support and tips but I'm playing ranked matches and all I do is get my ass kicked and then get messages on how I sucked. I'm just about to give up on trying this legit. Boosting might be the way to go for me.
    TBH, most of those guys are n00bs anyway dude. I got those messages like you also. They're bums, yet I owned them with 'GRAVITY SQUEEZE!!! Muhahahaha!!! You are defeated!!!' Just go ahead and boost the wins. Trust me it'll save you some headaches.



  10. #30
    PRO Member
    DRAGON1NINJA's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,433
    Reputation
    168

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Doom View Post
    Wolverine went from being on everyone's team to being hardly used because of "Swiss Cheese." You can't rapid fire his Cr. L's anyone and people just dropped him like a bad habit. Zoning Wolverine is a viable tactic, the last thing you want is a talented Wolverine player in your face.

    Hidden Missiles is a great assist but it does leave Doom out there for a long time and you can get happy birthday'd really easily. I lost a lot of matches in vanilla because Trish and Doom were caught and with people running away from your x-factor, Wesker has a hard time getting in. Gun shot teleports are easily sniffed out nowadays.

    I was playing on my alt account and I was called a spammer. Apparently my Wesker did no combos, Doom just did 100 footdives and Trish spammed projectiles. Apparently my knowledge of the VS series came into question and I didn't know that UMvC3 is a fighting game, not a shooting game. Lol the sodium in the guy's messages were on a pretty high level.
    Yes, swiss cheese is really annoying! >__< I am good with Chun Li's lightning kicks but I didn't have the patience with Wolverine.

    Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    I must say thanks for all the help support and tips but I'm playing ranked matches and all I do is get my ass kicked and then get messages on how I sucked. I'm just about to give up on trying this legit. Boosting might be the way to go for me.
    I'm boosting the 30hours right now and I will be boosting 6th rank for a friend, if you want I could boost it for you too but after the 30 hours I won't be playing online much.. I should have an hour or 2 for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by grimydawg View Post
    TBH, most of those guys are n00bs anyway dude. I got those messages like you also. They're bums, yet I owned them with 'GRAVITY SQUEEZE!!! Muhahahaha!!! You are defeated!!!' Just go ahead and boost the wins. Trust me it'll save you some headaches.
    True, I'm glad I boosted it.... Most of them just want to level up and don't care how they do it.

    Sig by Smashguy

  11. #31
    I'm back...kinda
    omnislash's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,174
    Reputation
    199

    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    Yes, swiss cheese is really annoying! >__< I am good with Chun Li's lightning kicks but I didn't have the patience with Wolverine.



    I'm boosting the 30hours right now and I will be boosting 6th rank for a friend, if you want I could boost it for you too but after the 30 hours I won't be playing online much.. I should have an hour or 2 for you.



    True, I'm glad I boosted it.... Most of them just want to level up and don't care how they do it.
    I'll go online and create a ranked match and hopefully I'll find you. 1 hr will be good for now as I'm going to sleep after that. Thanks for the offer

  12. #32
    You weak azz niggs
    grimydawg's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (USA)
    Posts
    531
    Reputation
    52

    Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    I'll go online and create a ranked match and hopefully I'll find you. 1 hr will be good for now as I'm going to sleep after that. Thanks for the offer
    Make sure you guys are in the same region. Not that you can't do it, but it will be easier...



  13. #33
    I'm back...kinda
    omnislash's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,174
    Reputation
    199

    I think we're in different regions and ranks so I'm guessing that when creating the lobby I put region any and rank limit any?

  14. #34
    PRO Member
    DRAGON1NINJA's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,433
    Reputation
    168

    I didn't mean right now I am boostin the hours right now.
    I meant I should have 2 hours after I have done the things I mentioned above. Later today should be fine.

    Sig by Smashguy

  15. #35
    I'm back...kinda
    omnislash's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,174
    Reputation
    199

    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    I didn't mean right now I am boostin the hours right now.
    I meant I should have 2 hours after I have done the things I mentioned above. Later today should be fine.
    Oh all right I'll probably get some sleep then and try again later on

  16. #36
    PRO Member
    DRAGON1NINJA's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,433
    Reputation
    168

    Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    Oh all right I'll probably get some sleep then and try again later on
    Lol that would be the best thing to do right now

    Sig by Smashguy

  17. #37
    I'm back...kinda
    omnislash's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,174
    Reputation
    199

    Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    I have been playing and training in this game excluding the missions but it seems like everyone I play is an expert at this, I can't do nothing all. I almost hate to boost for this trophy but all I do get get killed online. I can't even do cheap ways to win, is there any experts at this game that has tips or what characters are really good to use as boosting is the last resort which I don't want to do.
    YES finally on a different account, I earned my way to 6th lord. Getting to 7th lord was pretty easy for me but once at 7th lord, good god the monster players were coming out and even fighting good 6th and 5th lords. At 1st I had a losing streak but then I started to come back and finally did it. Now I feel at peace and felt like I truly earned this plat now since I did boost getting to 6th back when I went for the platinum. The teams I used was
    Hulk, X-23, Dr. Doom
    Hulk, Deadpool, Arthur
    Hulk, X-23, Arthur
    Record was 136-89, not the most impressive but got the job done and had a 16 game winning streak going

    I must thank on this site Dr. Doom, Crazygrimmjow and Xero21 even though for the most part they kicked my ass in matches but it was good training to finally earning this trophy. Now I'm done with all the Taunting, T-bagging Douchebag players who sometimes lag switch. For anyone going for this trophy just boost and save yourself some stress.

    P.S I did all missions for X-23 pretty quick too .

    P.S.S Actually my record should be 139-89 as I had 3 rage quitters....
    Last edited by omnislash; 09-12-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO