Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Did you get 6th ranked by winning matches or boosting?

This is a discussion on Did you get 6th ranked by winning matches or boosting? within the Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 forum, part of the U; I have been playing and training in this game excluding the missions but it seems like everyone I play is ...

  1. #1
    I'm back...kinda
    omnislash's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,174
    Reputation
    199

    Did you get 6th ranked by winning matches or boosting?

    I have been playing and training in this game excluding the missions but it seems like everyone I play is an expert at this, I can't do nothing all. I almost hate to boost for this trophy but all I do get get killed online. I can't even do cheap ways to win, is there any experts at this game that has tips or what characters are really good to use as boosting is the last resort which I don't want to do.

  2. #2
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Doctor_Doom's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Latveria
    Posts
    776
    Reputation
    46

    I have yet to do all the missions and I got 6th Lord fairly easily. Best piece of advice Doom can give ya is to find a combo that works and attempt it online. It doesn't matter if it's the most basic combo in the world, as long as you can land it often you'll be golden. That and try to amass a large streak. I personally had multiple 10 game winning streaks on ranked.

    Also turtle if you have to. It doesn't matter if you lame out your opponent, hell they'll do the same to you. Look it's Dark Doom! I'll run out his x-factor!

    EDIT: Doom forgot to mention that I did not boost to get this trophy.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

    Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

  3. #3
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    crazygrimmjow's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Southern Cali
    Posts
    198
    Reputation
    6

    I got this by playing with my characters that I loved playing with and not hearing whos good or broken, I used Vergil, Akuma, Wesker. Like Doom said basic combos works online you do not have to be super fancy. Just learn some combos with the characters you like and see if you have synergy with you teammates. When I hit 6th Lord my record was 81-27 since I needed the one hundred ranked wins I was 100-40. Keep at it you will become better. I am also a pad player not a stick user.


    I got it legit btw.

    Sig by kid420247

  4. #4
    I'm back...kinda
    omnislash's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,174
    Reputation
    199

    Well my record is not winning for sure but after 45 mins of loosing matches finally got a win though it's not my 1st win. My team is Hulk, Wesker, Sentinel. All I see online is Vergil, I might have to start using him as he seems like a win character.

  5. #5
    Negator
    Helyx's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    29520
    Posts
    3,474
    Reputation
    651

    I bought mine legit like a real gamer.

  6. #6
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Doctor_Doom's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Latveria
    Posts
    776
    Reputation
    46

    Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    Well my record is not winning for sure but after 45 mins of loosing matches finally got a win though it's not my 1st win. My team is Hulk, Wesker, Sentinel. All I see online is Vergil, I might have to start using him as he seems like a win character.
    Apparently to mostly everyone Wesker = instant win. Nevermind that you can run his x-factor out and now that almost everyone seems to have flocked to him, his gun shot >>> Teleport mix-ups can be easily spotted and countered. You should play Crazygrimmjow, he has a decent Vergil. Xero has a good Vergil as well.

    What assist do you use with your team?

    I run a Trish, Low Voltage.

    Doom, Plasma Beam.

    Wesker, Samurai Edge(Lower Shot) team. It's built for Trish to be able to annoy with some keep away and rushdown if need be.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

    Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

  7. #7
    I'm back...kinda
    omnislash's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,174
    Reputation
    199

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Doom View Post
    Apparently to mostly everyone Wesker = instant win. Nevermind that you can run his x-factor out and now that almost everyone seems to have flocked to him, his gun shot >>> Teleport mix-ups can be easily spotted and countered. You should play Crazygrimmjow, he has a decent Vergil. Xero has a good Vergil as well.

    What assist do you use with your team?

    I run a Trish, Low Voltage.

    Doom, Plasma Beam.

    Wesker, Samurai Edge(Lower Shot) team. It's built for Trish to be able to annoy with some keep away and rushdown if need be.
    I usually put hulk on 1st, I use gamma wave or charge but I really don't use him as an assist but to attempt to get rid of players quick but only if I can get them in the corner
    Wesker I use Samurai Edge to extend hulks basic corner combo
    Sentinel I use sentinel force projectile

    I have tried other characters like Deadpool and might use him again. Doom I was able to do decent combos in training but in matches I just didn't feel too comfortable with unless it was a spam war then Doom wins and his hidden missles is a great assist.

  8. #8
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Doctor_Doom's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Latveria
    Posts
    776
    Reputation
    46

    Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    I usually put hulk on 1st, I use gamma wave or charge but I really don't use him as an assist but to attempt to get rid of players quick but only if I can get them in the corner
    Wesker I use Samurai Edge to extend hulks basic corner combo
    Sentinel I use sentinel force projectile

    I have tried other characters like Deadpool and might use him again. Doom I was able to do decent combos in training but in matches I just didn't feel too comfortable with unless it was a spam war then Doom wins and his hidden missles is a great assist.
    Doom's BnB's took awhile to get down. With the the Cr L, Cr M, Cr H, S Air M, Foot Dive, Down-Forward Dash, Air M, M, H, S and repeat. But it's very satisfying to land the Buktooth loop online.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

    Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

  9. #9
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    crazygrimmjow's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Southern Cali
    Posts
    198
    Reputation
    6

    Well omnislash if you want add me and we can play a few matches and I can help you with good sparring.

    Sig by kid420247

  10. #10
    I'm back...kinda
    omnislash's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,174
    Reputation
    199

    I practice for hours even more but I still get my ass kicked, I'm going to have to resort to boosting this one, I just can't do it

  11. #11
    I'm back...kinda
    omnislash's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,174
    Reputation
    199

    Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    I practice for hours even more but I still get my ass kicked, I'm going to have to resort to boosting this one, I just can't do it
    Well today I finally found a team I did decent with, save myself from getting demoted again and now back in the middle of 9th lord, still have a losing record but I did actually get more wins than losses today by a little and earned the win 100 rank battles. Depending how things go maybe I won't boost this trophy but I do get nasty messages if I win or lose, this online is full of nasty ppl. I didn't get this in Mortal Kombat when I did online there.

  12. #12
    PRO Member
    DRAGON1NINJA's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,433
    Reputation
    168

    No shame in boosting this trophy... I did bout 60% of it boosting to 6th rank/100 wins for one reason only.. I noticed that if you lose some matches you lose XP too so I thought fuck that. I can hold my own in UMVC3, but I refuse to pick cheap characters to earn my wins. I did come up against some great fighters and got some ideas of how to use all three characters to my advantage.

    The missions are nothing like fighting, it's a completely different game when you take it to online. If you want to boost then go for it, you will come up against a lot of spammers in this game and it's difficult to defend yourself especially if the spammer is a pro!! Also, go into a lobby and spectate a few fights, it will help you a lot

    Sig by Smashguy

  13. #13
    I'm back...kinda
    omnislash's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,174
    Reputation
    199

    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    No shame in boosting this trophy... I did bout 60% of it boosting to 6th rank/100 wins for one reason only.. I noticed that if you lose some matches you lose XP too so I thought fuck that. I can hold my own in UMVC3, but I refuse to pick cheap characters to earn my wins. I did come up against some great fighters and got some ideas of how to use all three characters to my advantage.

    The missions are nothing like fighting, it's a completely different game when you take it to online. If you want to boost then go for it, you will come up against a lot of spammers in this game and it's difficult to defend yourself especially if the spammer is a pro!! Also, go into a lobby and spectate a few fights, it will help you a lot
    I hate how this trophy you do lose XP as sometimes you'll get a few good fighters in a row. I'm still undecided on boosting this trophy yet as it'll goes towards the 30hr online trophy but I can't stand all the nasty people ppl online here so maybe I will but I can see boosting the 30hr trophy because of the douche bags there and the full roster. By the way which was your team?

  14. #14
    PRO Member
    DRAGON1NINJA's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,433
    Reputation
    168

    Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    I hate how this trophy you do lose XP as sometimes you'll get a few good fighters in a row. I'm still undecided on boosting this trophy yet as it'll goes towards the 30hr online trophy but I can't stand all the nasty people ppl online here so maybe I will but I can see boosting the 30hr trophy because of the douche bags there and the full roster. By the way which was your team?
    Ryu, Chun li & Wolverine... but I changed Wolverine for Dr. Doom cuz I think he is a lot weaker in UMVC3 compared to MVC3.

    You can build your hours by spectating matches I got the 5 hour trophy at 4 hours, I'm hoping the 30 hours trophy comes early too.

    Sig by Smashguy

  15. #15
    I'm back...kinda
    omnislash's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,174
    Reputation
    199

    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    Ryu, Chun li & Wolverine... but I changed Wolverine for Dr. Doom cuz I think he is a lot weaker in UMVC3 compared to MVC3.

    You can build your hours by spectating matches I got the 5 hour trophy at 4 hours, I'm hoping the 30 hours trophy comes early too.
    I like Doom but I still have to work on his mid screen bnb combo as I can only do it in the corner. Right now I'm using Ghost Rider, Sentinel and Dormammu. I use Ghost Rider to get rid of the numerous Vergils and Dantes that I see too much as those players spam teleport and hit you always even if you block. My Dormammu game needs more work but he's fun to play as and has awesome supers to counter the projectile spammers.
    Great tip for the 30hr trophy I'll have to spectate as I have watched some matches but only on youtube.

  16. #16
    PRO Member
    DRAGON1NINJA's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,433
    Reputation
    168

    Yeah them Dante & Vergil players are really common lol I honestly don't take this game too seriously. The only reason why I decided to plat it was because of the missions. I enjoy the Arcade mode, but online not so much.

    I went in to watch a match to see if the time goes up and it did, I'm glad too... I've been watching matches for the past few hours. Not really watching it, the t.v is off lol

    Sig by Smashguy

  17. #17
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Doctor_Doom's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Latveria
    Posts
    776
    Reputation
    46

    Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    I like Doom but I still have to work on his mid screen bnb combo as I can only do it in the corner. Right now I'm using Ghost Rider, Sentinel and Dormammu. I use Ghost Rider to get rid of the numerous Vergils and Dantes that I see too much as those players spam teleport and hit you always even if you block. My Dormammu game needs more work but he's fun to play as and has awesome supers to counter the projectile spammers.
    Great tip for the 30hr trophy I'll have to spectate as I have watched some matches but only on youtube.
    With Doom it's all about timing and being able to Dash cancel. You pretty much ABC into his S, Foot Dive( -> H) and as soon as you land that hit, Down-Forward Dash Cancel and hit M just before you land. Then hit low M, low H and S then repeat. It took me awhile to get it down and even now I still can't land it consistently.

    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    Ryu, Chun li & Wolverine... but I changed Wolverine for Dr. Doom cuz I think he is a lot weaker in UMVC3 compared to MVC3.

    You can build your hours by spectating matches I got the 5 hour trophy at 4 hours, I'm hoping the 30 hours trophy comes early too.
    Actually to many pro players Wolverine is apparently stronger in this version than he was at vanilla. I think he just requires more execution than he did in vanilla. Doom on the other hand is insane, it's just that his corner loops became stoopidly easy and the damage nerf to his Sphere Flame kinda hindered him.

    It's not about cheap characters. I've played some Vergil's, Dante's, Wesker's that were just awful and I've played against some amazing Wesker's as well. In order to rank up quickly, it's all about win-streaks. A guy I played from GFAQS made 6th Lord with only 72-7 loses. I know the dude had like a 30 or 40 game win-streak as well.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

    Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

  18. #18
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    Aurei's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    65
    Reputation
    1

    Yeah facing people that use top-tier characters and don't use them well can be taken down. Also most who play Ultimate now aren't really beginners at the game anymore. I've come across very few actual newbies, the rest actually know what they're doing. But again, you really don't have to pull off super fancy combos to win. It really just comes down to knowing your spacing with your characters and when to attack/back off...etc.

    If you really wanna prevent yourself from getting demoted and preserve win-streaks to level up faster, back up your save data and replace it whenever needed..or boosting still works if you can constantly find each other (very annoying at times). I'm personally trying not to do that anymore since I'm trying to get better at fighting games. So I plan to get that 6th rank legit. My friend keeps me motivated with "Lose to learn, learn to win."...well something like that, lol : )

    "The Flames of Revenge? Couldn't even roast a marshmallow."
    Playing: Playstation All-Stars, Metal Gear Solid 4, Tales of Graces, Resident Evil 6, Borderlands 2



  19. #19
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Doctor_Doom's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Latveria
    Posts
    776
    Reputation
    46

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurei View Post
    Yeah facing people that use top-tier characters and don't use them well can be taken down. Also most who play Ultimate now aren't really beginners at the game anymore. I've come across very few actual newbies, the rest actually know what they're doing. But again, you really don't have to pull off super fancy combos to win. It really just comes down to knowing your spacing with your characters and when to attack/back off...etc.
    If you really wanna prevent yourself from getting demoted and preserve win-streaks to level up faster, back up your save data and replace it whenever needed for trophy needs. I'm personally trying not to do that anymore since I'm trying to get better at fighting games. My friend keeps me motivated with "Lose to learn, learn to win."...and I'll be quiet now xD
    I also heard about this method. Does it work? I have two PS3's and when I installed the game in my other, it loaded my online record which surprised me because vanilla didn't do this. I was a 9th Lord on one and a 9th Ranger on another.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

    Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

  20. #20
    I'm back...kinda
    omnislash's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,174
    Reputation
    199

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurei View Post
    Yeah facing people that use top-tier characters and don't use them well can be taken down. Also most who play Ultimate now aren't really beginners at the game anymore. I've come across very few actual newbies, the rest actually know what they're doing. But again, you really don't have to pull off super fancy combos to win. It really just comes down to knowing your spacing with your characters and when to attack/back off...etc.

    If you really wanna prevent yourself from getting demoted and preserve win-streaks to level up faster, back up your save data and replace it whenever needed..or boosting still works if you can constantly find each other (very annoying at times). I'm personally trying not to do that anymore since I'm trying to get better at fighting games. So I plan to get that 6th rank legit. My friend keeps me motivated with "Lose to learn, learn to win."...well something like that, lol : )
    How would I back up my save data to keep my win streaks alive as I have lots of catching up to do. I do have an external HDD as this method could be a life saver for this stupid trophy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO