Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

The Official Uncharted 2 Boosting Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Uncharted 2 Boosting Thread within the Uncharted 2: Among Thieves forum, part of the U; Hi I'm new to this forum, I would like to join the boosting session, need 5 tripleds, and 3 protectorate, ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hi I'm new to this forum, I would like to join the boosting session, need 5 tripleds, and 3 protectorate, but I'm willing to help others in return with any medal they need, even if I already got it. GMT-6.
    Last edited by MenToS_v2; 10-14-2011 at 01:15 PM.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by MenToS_v2 View Post
    Hi I'm new to this forum, I would like to join the boosting session, need 5 tripleds, and 3 protectorate, but I'm willing to help others in return with any medal they, even if I already got it. GMT-6.
    Ok great I'll add you to both lists and I'll send you a friend request on PSN.
    Best Plats: Bad Company 1, Gran Turismo 5, MAG, Racquet Sports, Sports Champions, and Wipeout HD
    Best PSN 100%'s: Hustle Kings, Landit Bandit, and Scene It: Movie Night

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Aurei View Post
    Well, it's not exactly the "correct way and any other way is wrong", but it does make things run smoothly and quickly, when everyone cooperates at least. I actually saved the info for that guide on Notepad so I can make a new thread or something for it.

But it is possible to boost with 3v3. Some days it was annoying to find the other team though lol. It's usually faster when searching the Objectives playlist. Usually if the game finds 3 people at once, when both hosts were seaching at the same time, it's gonna be your other party. If more people are joining, you can just back out before it goes to the voting screen and keep trying.

And I forgot to message my friend about the boosting, I'll be sure to tell him later on tonight. >.<
    Thanks for the advice. I also did some research on my own and I found another thread on a certain unnamed rival site. It seems that so long as the two team leaders know what they're doing, it should run smoothly. You should be the other team leader.

We can use the Objective playlist, but only for the Plunder session. The D&E trophies should be done in elimination for the sake of quick wins and less people searching for a room.

And about your friend... feel free to still do that, but let them know that they'll be a backup.
    Best Plats: Bad Company 1, Gran Turismo 5, MAG, Racquet Sports, Sports Champions, and Wipeout HD

Twitch.tv/liljayr4

LilJayR4- add me im having trouble too..im willing to help others with the dlc as well

member since Oct 2009

Quote Originally Posted by ptkush View Post
    Thanks for the advice. But how do you ensure that the 4 open spots don't get filled by randoms?
    It seemed the matchmaking wouldn't find anyone else after both teams found each other with two parties of three. It was like the room got locked somehow. We did have some randoms join and it didn't happen all the time. The randoms either worked with us or left the match when they saw what we were doing. Those with mics told the randoms what was going on if they didn't mute.

If you guys need a body, look me up and Ill be the dummy. PSN below.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Thanks for the advice. I also did some research on my own and I found another thread on a certain unnamed rival site. It seems that so long as the two team leaders know what they're doing, it should run smoothly. You should be the other team leader.

We can use the Objective playlist, but only for the Plunder session. The D&E trophies should be done in elimination for the sake of quick wins and less people searching for a room.

And about your friend... feel free to still do that, but let them know that they'll be a backup.
    Sure, I don't mind. xD But everyone on the teams should still have an idea on what's going on. What's really helpful is everyone uses their clan tag to number themselves. Like we'll have team A and team B then each person will be A1, A2, B1, B2, etc. So whoever we need to call out is easier than saying their whole name, if we're in a text chat room. As long as no one's screwing around, listens, and doesn't randomly go AFK, it will run smoothly.

As for my friend, he hasn't responded. So I guess you can just consider him a walk-in, since he's been away on PSN a lot lately. :/

Also, I think you should include everyone's time zone on the list..unless you already have all that set up. xD Mine's GMT-8.

"The Flames of Revenge? Couldn't even roast a marshmallow."
    Playing: Playstation All-Stars, Metal Gear Solid 4, Tales of Graces, Resident Evil 6, Borderlands 2

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by LilJayR4 View Post
    LilJayR4- add me im having trouble too..im willing to help others with the dlc as well
    I added you to both lists, but just so you know you are in the Backup #1 spot on both lists. If anyone doesn't show, you're in. Otherwise, we'll try to get you in as soon as possible, but you'll have to wait for an open spot.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by fillabong View Post
    It seemed the matchmaking wouldn't find anyone else after both teams found each other with two parties of three. It was like the room got locked somehow. We did have some randoms join and it didn't happen all the time. The randoms either worked with us or left the match when they saw what we were doing. Those with mics told the randoms what was going on if they didn't mute.

If you guys need a body, look me up and Ill be the dummy. PSN below.
    Ok great advice. Thanks again. And I'm adding you as a backup so if 2 or 3 people don't show, I'll send you an invite to the chat room.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Aurei View Post
    Sure, I don't mind. xD But everyone on the teams should still have an idea on what's going on. What's really helpful is everyone uses their clan tag to number themselves. Like we'll have team A and team B then each person will be A1, A2, B1, B2, etc. So whoever we need to call out is easier than saying their whole name, if we're in a text chat room. As long as no one's screwing around, listens, and doesn't randomly go AFK, it will run smoothly.

As for my friend, he hasn't responded. So I guess you can just consider him a walk-in, since he's been away on PSN a lot lately. :/

Also, I think you should include everyone's time zone on the list..unless you already have all that set up. xD Mine's GMT-8.
    Nice. Everything from the first paragraph sounds great. We'll do it exactly like that.

Don't worry about your friend. The list is full now anyway.

As for time zones... Not a bad idea but I think that'll become apparent if anyone objects to the Saturday start time. From the few that I've seen mentioned, they were all North and South America. So a mid-day Saturday start seems like it shouldn't cause any issues.

Twitch.tv/liljayr4

I added you to both lists, but just so you know you are in the Backup #1 spot on both lists. If anyone doesn't show, you're in. Otherwise, we'll try to get you in as soon as possible, but you'll have to wait for an open spot.
    i understand i dont mind but thanks! im always on until im sleepy lol

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Great I have no problem at all with that time I'll be there.

Lvl 4 - Silver

hey, fellas, if you guys need a back up player for "Protectorate" trophy, hit me up. PSN id leatherface000

edit: thanks to ptkush and the gang for helping me get the "Protectorate" trophy. this trophy is a pain in the ass. officially done boosting Uncharted 2
    Last edited by leatherface000; 11-17-2012 at 07:51 PM.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by leatherface000 View Post
    hey, fellas, if you guys need a back up player for "Protectorate" trophy, hit me up. PSN id leatherface000
    Ok, I sent you a friend request on PSN. You're going to be in the backup #2 spot, so it may be a while before you can get into the game.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Nice. Everything from the first paragraph sounds great. We'll do it exactly like that.

Don't worry about your friend. The list is full now anyway.

As for time zones... Not a bad idea but I think that'll become apparent if anyone objects to the Saturday start time. From the few that I've seen mentioned, they were all North and South America. So a mid-day Saturday start seems like it shouldn't cause any issues.
    Okay cool. : ) I just saw the change about Sunday, and I can make that. Let's hope everyone else is available as well.

"The Flames of Revenge? Couldn't even roast a marshmallow."
    Playing: Playstation All-Stars, Metal Gear Solid 4, Tales of Graces, Resident Evil 6, Borderlands 2

Lvl 4 - Silver

Ok, I sent you a friend request on PSN. You're going to be in the backup #2 spot, so it may be a while before you can get into the game.
    Cool! Thanks, Kush.

The only sane person here

I speak for my friend if you guys can add him to the boosting thread, his PSN is GreaserBoy99

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightSparkle View Post
    I speak for my friend if you guys can add him to the boosting thread, his PSN is GreaserBoy99
    I'm sorry but we already have a full list plus multiple backups.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hey guys, I've been looking around and noticed this boosting thread is still fresh. I'd like to join an Uncharted 2 boosting party. I need: Jack of All Trades, Protectorate, Rock A Rhyme, and Rapid Fire. Please add me on PSN if you need another player!

PSN: Djfatfoo

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Djfatfoo View Post
    Hey guys, I've been looking around and noticed this boosting thread is still fresh. I'd like to join an Uncharted 2 boosting party. I need: Jack of All Trades, Protectorate, Rock A Rhyme, and Rapid Fire. Please add me on PSN if you need another player!

PSN: Djfatfoo
    Please read the post directly above yours. I'll repeat what I told that person...

If you'd like to start up a new 10 person list via this thread, feel free to do so. The last list only took about a week to fill.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Please read the post directly above yours. I'll repeat what I told that person...

If you'd like to start up a new 10 person list via this thread, feel free to do so. The last list only took about a week to fill.
    Sorry, I was referring to filling in as a backup for anyone with a boosting party in need of a player.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast