worst enemy placement ever

This is a discussion on worst enemy placement ever within the Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception forum, part of the U; Need to share my feelings... Recently started crushing and in comparison to the other games this is not very hard ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

worst enemy placement ever

Need to share my feelings...
    Recently started crushing and in comparison to the other games this is not very hard just very fucking annoying...

First off the placement of the enemies is ridiculous, I mean sure flanking exists in real life. But in this game it's just bloody retarded, you HAVE to learn where the enemies is going to spawn to make it coz you can't possibly know that right after you shoot a guy there will spawn a rpg behind you, which you have no idea about until he blows you to piecies

I'm fighting couple of enemies, I'm shooting one at a time, because 3 people are shooting at me constantly, and suddenly I'm dead. Well one of those inhuman armor guys just took a stroll around the room and poped up behind me. The armor guys gotta be the most boring mob ever, you just use your whole ammo emptying it in their face and THEY never stop shooting you with their shotgun.
    and suddenly when I've killed 90% of the enemies infront of me. 2 guys spawn behind me + 2 snipers and now I'm suppose to have time to take cover, in crushing with a armor guy infront of you and these guys behind you? no chance.

and then you have awesome drake who staggers around like a drunken fool as long as the grenades are in a 10 metre radius of him, I mean if I have like 20 people shooting at me, the best idea maybe isn't standing up because you almost died of a grenade.
    And this grenade throwback ability is completely untrustworthy, sometimes you can use it sometimes not. Sometimes the grenade is right under me and it does work sometimes it doesn't. Gotten me killed couple of times...

The ballroom on the boat made me RAGE... He says "I better do this quietly" OKAY let's try!
    First guy, you can't stealth kill him, because drake's range isn't long enough to stretch across the table where he sits, so you have to attack him from the front and hope he doesn't shout. and the other three guys are so close to eachother that they hear if I take one down. So DO this quietly isn't possible.
    and in the same room, I am pinned down in a corner, and Naughty Dog seem to think it's a good idea to spawn 2/3 guys next to me, they jump down and have clear sight on me. and I have almost no ammo at all. Great idea to spawn them!

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

R.I.P Ellie

Quote Originally Posted by Walle View Post
    First guy, you can't stealth kill him, because drake's range isn't long enough to stretch across the table where he sits, so you have to attack him from the front and hope he doesn't shout. and the other three guys are so close to eachother that they hear if I take one down. So DO this quietly isn't possible.
    You can stealth that guy from the back, I did it a lot of times. Remember that you've got to be crouching in cover to stealth kill him. I agree with the random appearing and flanking though.
    Wait till you face the fire demon guys, that's a ball ache!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Ah, I have to crouch? That explains it...
    Hah yeah, not looking forward to the demon guys. They were a bitch even in hard. Just stupid that they can teleport here and there with a grenade launcher

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

PRO Member

I don't recall having problems with enemies spawning near me, but the ballroom part is a bitch.... especially the 2nd part of it after the checkpoint (with the snipers). As Chris says, the fire demons are also a pain... but manageable with heavy weapons.

I also had issues with doing the first part of the ballroom stealthy-like. I was able to get the first guy by the table, but I was immediately noticed each time.

R.I.P Ellie

Quote Originally Posted by Walle View Post
    Ah, I have to crouch? That explains it...
    Hah yeah, not looking forward to the demon guys. They were a bitch even in hard. Just stupid that they can teleport here and there with a grenade launcher
    I skipped hard and went straight to crushing from normal
    Best idea there is just keep moving, rocket launcher, then run to the left to pick up rocket launcher ammo, fire, keep moving, into the shelter bit to pick up the grenade launcher. And leave the actual human guy till last, then he's easy. If you kill him at the start, then he'll obviously become a fire demon, and you'll get gang raped.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    I skipped hard and went straight to crushing from normal
    Best idea there is just keep moving, rocket launcher, then run to the left to pick up rocket launcher ammo, fire, keep moving, into the shelter bit to pick up the grenade launcher. And leave the actual human guy till last, then he's easy. If you kill him at the start, then he'll obviously become a fire demon, and you'll get gang raped.
    Actual human guy? I don't remember that... no wonder I was having a hard time with it... probably never noticed he wasn't a fire demon yet.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    I also had issues with doing the first part of the ballroom stealthy-like. I was able to get the first guy by the table, but I was immediately noticed each time.
    I just figured you couldn't get past that part with stealth because no matter what you do you get detected. I somehow managed to have an easier time in the ballroom on Crushing than I did on hard actually. The shipyard gave me problems though.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by njdog102 View Post
    I just figured you couldn't get past that part with stealth because no matter what you do you get detected. I somehow managed to have an easier time in the ballroom on Crushing than I did on hard actually. The shipyard gave me problems though.
    That's what I decided as well, but as the OP said... Drake says "I should do this quietly" and I took that as a hint to be stealthy. Drake just assessed the situation incorrectly is what I finally decided!