Massive Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Update

This is a discussion on Massive Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Update within the Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception forum, part of the U; A new Uncharted 3 patch (1.11), set to release by the end of May, is going to include a feature ...

Chaos will follow

Massive Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Update

A new Uncharted 3 patch (1.11), set to release by the end of May, is going to include a feature that was in Uncharted 2's multiplayer mode, called The Lab. The Lab is a playlist, in which features game types that are designed for fun.

Here is a list of what the patch will feature:

- The Lab returns and we begin the playlist with a T-bolt/Pistole-only map. We will be rolling out other game types as the year progresses.
    • The Lab will contain treasure drops from whatever the base game type is (the T-bolt/Pistole map is considered Team Deathmatch)
    - Elimination Mode has been added.
    • Elimination mode will contain treasure drops from Team Deathmatch
    - Message of the Day returns – a daily message will pop up with news, tips, and other information.- The following custom game settings are now available via a menu in Custom Game mode called “Advanced Settings.”
    • Respawn Time
    • Buddy Spawning toggle
    • Health Multiplier – by percentage
    • Sprinting toggle
    • Weapon Mode (Default, Basic Weapons, Pistols, RPG-7)
    • Medal Kickbacks toggle
    • Boosters toggle
    • Grenade Throw Back toggle
    - If you leave a game, disconnect, or turn off your PS3 mid-game, it will be counted as a loss.- Kill and deaths no longer count towards your career stats in Plunder and Team Objective modes- The technical hooks to make the Game of the Year edition (EU) work properly with DLC were added- In Team Deathmatch mode the Airstrip and London maps now are listed with “No Intro” variations. If these variations are selected you’ll start those maps with no convoy events.- The Long Ranger Medal can now be earned by achieving 3 kills at 50 meters in a match instead of 3 kills at 70 meters.
    Source: Playstation blog
    Last edited by dsluckay; 05-13-2012 at 07:56 AM.

Chaos will follow

There is also a video where the Game Director and Designer explain what is new:

ADMlNlSTRATOR

So no new trophies? Guess it's time to trade in Uncharted 3.

Regional Manager of War

damn its to late for me to come back to competitive MP because its been to long, probably 4 months since I last played

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    So no new trophies? Guess it's time to trade in Uncharted 3.
    Why would you even say that?

Thank you to Bladia for the signature

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Parasoul View Post
    Why would you even say that?
    Not sure what you mean.

UC2 added to their MP with a fuck-ton of trophies. If UC3 isn't doing the same, then I don't see a need to hold onto the game any longer and allow it to decrease further in value.

Chaos will follow

Not sure what you mean.

UC2 added to their MP with a fuck-ton of trophies. If UC3 isn't doing the same, then I don't see a need to hold onto the game any longer and allow it to decrease further in value.
    By the looks of it, Naughty Dog is trying to make UC3's MP similar to UC2's with every update (see the lab feature). So I won't doubt that there will be something (cheap DLC?) to come out for MP with the addition of trophies.

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    By the looks of it, Naughty Dog is trying to make UC3's MP similar to UC2's with every update (see the lab feature). So I won't doubt that there will be something (cheap DLC?) to come out for MP with the addition of trophies.
    Sure, content-wise. But hasn't the 'last' DLC for UC3 (as per the Fortune Hunter pack) already released? I don't see them adding trophies this late in the game's life cycle...at least I'm hoping they wont.

Chaos will follow

Sure, content-wise. But hasn't the 'last' DLC for UC3 (as per the Fortune Hunter pack) already released? I don't see them adding trophies this late in the game's life cycle...at least I'm hoping they wont.
    Well they waited this long to add these "new" features into the main multiplayer game mode so I wouldn't doubt it.