How Do They Move That?!?

This is a discussion on How Do They Move That?!? within the Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception forum, part of the U; I don't want to come off appearing I disliked these games at all. I have loved every Uncharted game and ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

How Do They Move That?!?

I don't want to come off appearing I disliked these games at all. I have loved every Uncharted game and love how it brings you to a sort of cinematic effect while playing the game, but the somehow unhuman strength of the characters drives me crazy.

How in the world are they always capable of holding up these huge doors for one another? How are they able to pull or push cast iron grates that are covering up paths? How are they able to push solid stone over or across the ground?

I know this is nit-picking, but the more I play these games the more frustrating I get at these types of things.

I did not bring up the acrobatics because even though those are far fetched as well, it is a part of the game that you control and makes the game exciting to keep playing.

Lvl 9 - Gold

'Suspension of disbelief', is your answer.

Forget holding open insane weights, how does an 'everyman' massacre his way through armies of veteran mercenaries and vicious pirates? Literally letting the little things go (pun-unintended) allows us our enjoyment not to be crossed.

Change is good

As long as it isn't over-the-top, borderline impossible (unless intended to be) I won't care. But the over-the-top, dramatic stuff sometimes kills the immersion for me.

Roo Commander

It's called a game and it's not real.