Uncharted 3 freezing/spinning ring

This is a discussion on Uncharted 3 freezing/spinning ring within the Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception forum, part of the U; So I know there have been other topics on this, but there was never a clear answer, plus they went ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Uncharted 3 freezing/spinning ring

So I know there have been other topics on this, but there was never a clear answer, plus they went dead about 5 months ago so perhaps there is a better solution now.

i was playing Uncharted 3 multiplayer, and the game kept freezing right before I entered a match. It found players, but wouldn't put me in the match. So I completly restared my ps3. When I restared the game the screen was black forever.

I tried it one more time and just got drake's ring spinning in the lower corner over and over. I looked at my disc, and it's got some scratches and smudges which is wierd becasue I take great care of my game and all of them are pefectly clean.

I loaded up Uncharted 2 and it worked fine, but I noticed it had one identical scratch on it as the U3 disc did. Perhaps my ps3 is causing the scratches to the disc? or maybe it's because I put so many hours into the mp that they just wear out?

I know one solution is to delete your game data and re-insall it but that's just a pain. Plus I don't want to lose my multiplayer progress. I don't know if that would be effected or not. re downloading all the dlc is a pain.

Anybody willing to help me or provide me with a solution?

Note: Other game disc, and blu ray movies work fine; it's just U3.

Maybe I should just buy a new disc?

Thanks.

Needs More Rum

I'd try just wiping the disc and seeing if that works

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

clean disc like above stated
    next try to delete data not save games and re install everything
    if all else fails buy a new copy but that sux
    u3 disc is way too fragile this is a common problem nowadays
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 6 - Silver

Try a different U3 disc if you can and see how that goes

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS

Tomb Raider (91%), Killzone2 (83%)

Lvl 2 - Bronze

thanks for all the input guys.

Yeah, the first thing i did was clean it and it didn't work. so I uninstalled the patch data. Then I had to re-install all the DLC which took about 75 mins. All seemed good. I could boot the game up and enter mp but then the same glitch happened. This is the glitch

"I get into a match in the lobby and the game starts counting down. When it reaches 1 the game glitches. The characters on screen stop moving, and the music stops. However, I'm still able to edit my loadout's and I can highlight and select players in the lobby to check their statistics. The only way out is for me to sign out of psn. When I do that it crashes my whole ps3 and I have to restart it"

So I just went and bought a new Uncharted 3 disc. and it worked PERFECTLY!

Then when i took the game out there was a scratch right down the middle! WTF? I didn't think PS3's could scratch blu-ray disc. It's wierd cuz my Uncharted 2 disc has an identical scratch down the middle. Perhaps all Uncharted disc get this scratch when you install it? I don't know.

Do any of you have scratched uncharted discs? I'm afraid my ps3 might be breaking. I mean what's going on?

Needs More Rum

Good to hear the new disc works mate

None of my games are scratched and especially not my Uncharted games.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 2 - Bronze

So another update I suppose.

Like I said earlier the new copy worked but came out with a scratch on it, so I popped in my SSX copy. Guess what? It came out with a scratch on it too. So I guess it's offical. My ps3 has broken.... After 3 good years it's decided to start scratching my games? Why PS3? Why?