If i get GOTY edition do I have to start on trophies all over?

This is a discussion on If i get GOTY edition do I have to start on trophies all over? within the Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception forum, part of the U; A quick question that I'm dreading the answer to, but here goes: I bought UC3 and got my platinum. Now ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

If i get GOTY edition do I have to start on trophies all over?

A quick question that I'm dreading the answer to, but here goes: I bought UC3 and got my platinum. Now all these STUPID DLC trophies drop after I've sold the game. I want to go back and get the rest of the trophies and save money by getting the GOTY edition. Here's my question--will the GOTY edition count as a different game and start a new trophy list separate from the one that I already have, or since it is essentially the SAME GAME just add to the trophies for UC3 I already have? Anyone know? Thanks!

Chocobo Master

If it's a different region then your saves are like tits on a bull. All trophies will carry over upon syncing. I had the same thing happen with me in Fallout 3. I originally had the Korean version but someone on here shipped me the GOTY. I loaded it up and all trophies earned were gone until I sync'd. I couldn't use my original save but that didn't matter because I went from point A to point Z very quickly.
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

But my online profile and stats should be the same right? All the trophies Naughty Dog added are MP I think, so my single player save file shouldn't really matter either way. Do the stats I've accrued until now count towards the MP trophies or am I starting from scratch like in UC2 (again, stupid MP trophies--if I ever have to do Kneel before Zod again I'll eat one)?
    Last edited by hsishi; 02-04-2013 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Chocobo Master

Now your getting technical I highly doubt your stats will be affected by any way due to your profile being carried over to another copy of the game with the same regional code but to be sure I would wait to get a definite better responses from a senior site member.
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

Just to get a few things straight:

1- Trophy lists remain intact for 95% of the games. It's only certain games that have different trophy lists for different regions (example: Borderlands. Shadows of the Damned, Yakuza series, Dead Space 2, Darksiders 2 etc)

2- If the game doesn't fall into the category above, ANY GotY version of the game will share the same trophy list, even if the discs are different regions. With the exception of a handful of games, you will lose all saved game progress when crossing to a different region. Even with those exceptions it's still particular in that it's only cross compatible between regions 1 and 3 OR regions 2 and 4. Basically, they are exact copies of the game in different regional packaging (such as LA Noire). Just to be safe, always buy the same region games.

tl;dr

In your case, for Uncharted 3, you will NOT create a new trophy list. Any trophies you earn while playing the GotY edition will all stay on the same trophy list as your original Uncharted 3.

timezone: GMT+7 ⌋ // ⌈ blind PSN friend requests are ignored

Lvl 1 - Bronze

That's peachy, what about stats already gained in online MP toward the new trophies...am I starting from scratch? E.g. if I have 1500 kills and a new trophy is for 1500 kills, will the trophy pop or do I need 1500 more from whenever the trophy was added to the list?

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

I'm not sure for Uncharted 3, but I have good reason to believe so. Most games have player online stats kept on the servers. If Uncharted works that way, you should be good to continue right where you left off.

timezone: GMT+7 ⌋ // ⌈ blind PSN friend requests are ignored