Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hardest Battle

This is a discussion on Hardest Battle within the Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception forum, part of the U; Originally Posted by tsuave K, after finishing on Crushing, the two hardest parts for me were the floating platforms in ...

No Matter What

Quote Originally Posted by tsuave View Post
    K, after finishing on Crushing, the two hardest parts for me were the floating platforms in the Ship Graveyard and the Ballroom. The fire spirits part really wasn't hard at all, especially since I went in well-equipped this time (Tau Sniper and Hammer). It was actually easier--with the right guns--on Crushing than it was on Normal.
    Ha, those where the same two weapons I used. What about the first time you see them after the Sully bit? I just used a SAS-12 because I couldn't find a TAU or a Hammer.

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Im having a bit of trouble with the fire spirits at the fountains on crushing, the big guy on the ship was quite easy if you can get hold of the hammer that gets dropped. and the ball room the secret to that is to run under the balcony the snipers are standing on the fight the other guy then come out and take them down.

Regional Manager of War

For anyone having trouble witht eh Djin(Fire Spirts) Tau Sniper one shot puts them on fire and 1-2 Hammer shots to finish them off, My most hated part was the ball room, it gave me trouble to be honest. After I finished the boat stage I felt confident and cruised my way through crushing.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shady Death View Post
    Ha, those where the same two weapons I used. What about the first time you see them after the Sully bit? I just used a SAS-12 because I couldn't find a TAU or a Hammer.
    Exact same here, I used the SAS-12 too. I also ran my ass off and hid a lot. I'd originally found the hammer on the upper level and tried using that, but then realized it would come in handy more in the next sections.

***IMPORTANT TIP*** Unfortunately I didn't realize it until around this chapter, but Crushing is infinitely easier if you go into the challenging parts with the right weapons.
    My PS3 Plats:
    Assassin's Creed II, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Beyond: Two Souls, God of War, God of War II, Heavy
    Rain, ICO, inFAMOUS, inFAMOUS 2, L.A. Noire, Prince of Persia, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten
    Sands, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, Sly 2:
    Band of Thieves, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves,
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, The Walking Dead: Season One
    My PS4 Plats:
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, inFAMOUS: Second Son, Murdered: Soul Suspect

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Definitely the Cruise Ship in the ballroom was the hardest part on Crushing.

Stacking - Machinarium - Hell Yeah - Cuboid - Critter Crunch - Thomas Was Alone - Contrast

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Havent beat game yet.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

On Crushing i thought the Ballroom was the hardest. I had more trouble with the fire spirit guys at the fountain on my first play through. I knew that they were tuff, so on crushing i used the grenade launcher then the rpg. There was enough ammo to hit them twice, and could get the first two with the same shot twice and made short work of them. The tools were there. The ballroom on the other hand, I did not have great weapons with plenty of ammo, and trying to get more often got me killed.

Roo Commander

Fighting the Djinns near the end.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

That Southern B****

What do you think was the hardest battle in the game.

I would say the Battle on the cargo part on the Cruise Ship. You have to kill all the guys and then a LMG Brute jumps down and he's relentless and regular guys still spawn. He takes so many bullets, just charges after you and can mow you down in a second. At least he only throws flash grenades.

I think all I had was a KAL-7, Para, and occasional grenades dropped.
    Same place. It's been a while but if I remember correctly there is a container to the right of where the dudes jump down that you can climb on. I used it. I would move up, take a few shots from him, run back for a moment, rinse and repeat xD
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrSmoov View Post
    On Crushing i thought the Ballroom was the hardest. I had more trouble with the fire spirit guys at the fountain on my first play through. I knew that they were tuff, so on crushing i used the grenade launcher then the rpg. There was enough ammo to hit them twice, and could get the first two with the same shot twice and made short work of them. The tools were there. The ballroom on the other hand, I did not have great weapons with plenty of ammo, and trying to get more often got me killed.
    Same here! On Normal I had a HUGE problem with the fire spirits and no problem with the cruise ship, but on Crushing I had a HUGE problem with the cruise ship and no problem with the fire spirits.
    My PS3 Plats:
    Assassin's Creed II, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Beyond: Two Souls, God of War, God of War II, Heavy
    Rain, ICO, inFAMOUS, inFAMOUS 2, L.A. Noire, Prince of Persia, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten
    Sands, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, Sly 2:
    Band of Thieves, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves,
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, The Walking Dead: Season One
    My PS4 Plats:
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, inFAMOUS: Second Son, Murdered: Soul Suspect

Legalize it...

Spoilers ahead obviously...

The hardest part for me was on the horse. I kept dying about 6 trucks in and usually right as I was about to be in cover beside the truck, or while jumping to one truck the other guy would kill me. It was hard because they can shoot you non stop, but its hard for you to aim at them because both of you are bouncing. I just think the AI should have the same disadvantages as the player, especially in the sandstorm part...

Lvl 6 - Silver

To be honest, none of the fights really stick out as overly difficult, none like that fucking blue/water room in Uncharted (without the glitch) anyway.

The Djinn bastards are easily dealt with as you shoot them twice (or once in the head) with the TAU (I think, the pistol sniper) and they die? Just be quick about it and they don't have time to teleport...

The hardest was that bulletproof son of a bitch on the cruise ship, but once I'd found the area he can't get at you it's easy (the bit where the treasure is, if you stay in the back he can't hit you, and you get chance to shoot him with the M32, easy).
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Being honest, I never really had much trouble on crushing. You just have to know which cover to use, which weapons to exploit, and understand spawns.

I definitely died a few times on the caravan level. Of course I died a few times on the ballroom, but I had more trouble with the LMG Brute earlier in that level.
    I also had trouble in the shipyard.
    The Djiin didn't bother me much, I just kept using the Hammer and Tau Sniper.
    All in all, not too hard.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I've got all this to look forward to! Just started on Crushing to get this plat out the way and the chuck the game on eBay.

Currently Playing

Dead Nation | Killzone: Shadow Fall | Sly Cooper: Thief in Time | Strider | The Last of Us Remastered

PS3 & PS4 Trophy Guides and Walkthroughs
    WildeThang YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/wildethanggaming

WHO DAT!!!!

FIRE SPIRITS on crushing definately.... i was like holy shit batman!!!!!!

That Southern B****

What do you think was the hardest battle in the game.

I would say the Battle on the cargo part on the Cruise Ship. You have to kill all the guys and then a LMG Brute jumps down and he's relentless and regular guys still spawn. He takes so many bullets, just charges after you and can mow you down in a second. At least he only throws flash grenades.

I think all I had was a KAL-7, Para, and occasional grenades dropped.
    Theres a set off cargo containers that make a U. I spent the battle up there shooting the dudes. When I ran out of bullets, I would jump down and run around getting guns before jumping back up there. That made it alot easier for me.

My hardest is a toss-up between the indoor fight with the snipers on the balcony and the final fight with the fire dudes ( I assume they're the fire dudes, been awhile since I played). I died bout even number on those two sections.
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think all of the above examples are equally difficult. The key to success is your weapons equipped.
    Chapter 12 (In water with boats and turret): Probably my least favorite battle. A trick I found here that was pretty helpful was to pick up the Para from the start and then before killing anyone swim over to left side of the boat on left. Jump up, those two guys wont see you. Go to the top, stealth the guy and pick up his snipe. Drop to the middle level and pick up rockets. Double kill the two other guys on the boat then quickly kill guy about to get in turret. Pick up snipe and then improvise.
    Chapter 14 (Big dude with heavy gun): Make sure you have Pistole and a grenade or two
    Chapter 14 (Ballroom): Stay up top as much as possible. Don't go to bottom and leave the snipers and hammer guy until all others are taken out.
    Chapter 16: If you end up not being able to stealth everyone out, hide back in where you started and let them come to you and shotgun them down.
    Chapter 20 (Sandstorm with two turrets): No idea
    Chapter 21: I think holding on the hammer and Tau snipe are the best combo. RPG is too slow and does the same damage as hammer. Just make sure you have as much ammo as possible going into the fountain area

Lvl 3 - Bronze

For chapter 20 the easy way is to run left right away and grab the RPG before the guys spawn then retreat to the area you just cleared. You can get in the back of the truck and aim from behind cover the MG nested truck cant seem to hit you, but you can hit the area the flash is coming from. Just retreating and moving just enough to get a couple guys after you is how I did it.

PRO Member

Id say the ballroom part

Didn't really find the spirits very hard at all

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

Change is good

The hardest part for me was in Abduction, where you finally break stealth and kill everyone. That part made me rage, hardcore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12