Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Uncharted on Crushing.

This is a discussion on Uncharted on Crushing. within the Uncharted: Drake's Fortune forum, part of the U; I've played all three Uncharted games on Crushing, and platted parts 2 and 3. Currently I'm working on Drake's Fortune, ...

PRO Member

Uncharted on Crushing.

I've played all three Uncharted games on Crushing, and platted parts 2 and 3. Currently I'm working on Drake's Fortune, and this one is, by far, the hardest.

It's getting to the point that it's not even fun anymore. I'm at chapter 12, and I'm considering just giving it up. Hate to do it, but this one sucks on Crushing. Any helpful tips or guides out there, or any suggestions?
    My PS3 Plats:
    Assassin's Creed II, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Beyond: Two Souls, God of War, God of War II, Heavy
    Rain, ICO, inFAMOUS, inFAMOUS 2, L.A. Noire, Prince of Persia, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten
    Sands, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, Sly 2:
    Band of Thieves, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves,
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, The Walking Dead: Season One
    My PS4 Plats:
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, inFAMOUS: Second Son, Murdered: Soul Suspect

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by tsuave View Post
    Any helpful tips or guides out there, or any suggestions?
    Funny you should mention guides, as that's our primary goal on this site.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Trophy Guide - PS3 Trophies Forum

WHO DAT!!!!

if ur plan isnt working, change it. Its tough, but just remember the spawn points of the bad guys and go afte them in that order. and never stay in a fire fight too long, best to run and regroup

Avy=DARE, Sig=Djung

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Funny you should mention guides, as that's our primary goal on this site.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Trophy Guide - PS3 Trophies Forum
    HAHAHA

After having the platinum for all 3 games I will say #1 is not the hardest just my opinion but really there is only 1 difficult part in the game and that the sewer part and I haven't played in a long time so maybe thats where you are stuck. Do as gixxer says try to remember and always move around or even run backward to get behind some cover to regenerate your health

^^^^^^^^^Made by BEAM^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerrider View Post
    if ur plan isnt working, change it. Its tough, but just remember the spawn points of the bad guys and go afte them in that order. and never stay in a fire fight too long, best to run and regroup
    Yeah, pretty much what he said.

Also, be patient; never go in guns blazing. Don't stay out of cover too much. Cheat the corners when possible.

Also, may not hurt to go find some videos if there are specific sections you're having trouble with.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

The enemies are more daring on crushing for the first one but you just have to be more patient and hang back more often to pick off enemies one by one and make use of a lot of cover.
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Sig and Avatar By djunglist

My Youtube interview done by KingSuperOne(subscribe)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAMFW-gDNs

Lvl 6 - Silver

the only way i found it possible to survive on crushing in Uncharted 1 was to find corners to hide behind, stay behind them in a standing position and switch shoulders, to aim round the corner, using the wall as cover.

the proper in-game cover system is broken in Uncharted 1 and you can still get hit while in cover, so use the method i explained and it'll make it much easier.

The Grand Ray Legend

At the time I sucked doing Hard modes, I said to myself UC1 crushing was the hardest mode, But actually it was the easiest, just my game plan sucked, like everybody said here just change your gameplan, don't go guns blazing..I need to get that game back myself and plat it too
    Sig made by Beam / Avy made by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Just don't give up you will get it eventually. I found Uncharted 1 hard for its first couple of chapters but breezed through it after that.

*insert Latin phrase*

I still need to go bacl and complete that... But it is sort of difficult if you go in guns a-blazin', it easy if you hug cover.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

PRO Member

K, so I've taken the more stealthy, round-the-corner approach (I thought I was doing that already, but now I REALLY am). Now on Chapter 14. According to the PS3T wisdom, what are the two best guns to use from here on out? I hate having to choose every time an enemy drops one, just wish they'd be rated on a 10-point scale. Don't forget, I've got those weird alien-things coming in a chapter or four.
    My PS3 Plats:
    Assassin's Creed II, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Beyond: Two Souls, God of War, God of War II, Heavy
    Rain, ICO, inFAMOUS, inFAMOUS 2, L.A. Noire, Prince of Persia, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten
    Sands, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, Sly 2:
    Band of Thieves, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves,
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, The Walking Dead: Season One
    My PS4 Plats:
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, inFAMOUS: Second Son, Murdered: Soul Suspect

PRO Member

U have infinite retries so once u know all bout that point u should have not problems keep trying till u perfect it dont give up if u want that plat

Saints Row IV

I've played all three Uncharted games on Crushing, and platted parts 2 and 3. Currently I'm working on Drake's Fortune, and this one is, by far, the hardest.

It's getting to the point that it's not even fun anymore. I'm at chapter 12, and I'm considering just giving it up. Hate to do it, but this one sucks on Crushing. Any helpful tips or guides out there, or any suggestions?
    There are brilliant tips on the guides in this site,so check them
    Imo the hardest chapter was the monastery.
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 6 - Silver

the hardest bit on Crushing by far IMO, was the bit in the fortress when you drop down into the shallow water, and there is only some bricks and a few pillars for cover, and there are guys above you and coming towards you, that bit made me want to punch the TV lol, after that none of it was nearly as hard.

so if you're past that, the rest of the game shouldn't be as bad.

PRO Member

I'm using cover like never before, but really they keep coming at me. It's not like the enemies are staying behind cover. They just charge you with everything they've got. I'm at chapter 6 right (In that shallow water part after the turret at the end of the hallway)now and was also thinking about giving up. I just can't get through it. If I stay in cover I get shot, if I run like never before, I get shot. If I kill them all except 1, I get shot... It's driving me crazy. And to think at chapter 18 orso when you have to finish waves of mutants before climbing up the rope, makes me wanna quit right now xD

But I'll keep trying at least it will be a Platinum I worked hard for

Negator

Use the Uzi for close combat blind-fire, and pretty much any assault rifle depending on your preference.

PRO Member

Oh hell yeah I just got past the "blue room" on crushing (chapter 5) I decided to check if there was a way to get past it.
    Found out there's a glitch to that room which makes it so much easier (I bet everybody knew about this except me).
    Now normally I woudn't do such a thing but I just couldn't get past it I had no choice.
    Really hope that was the hardest part to get through as I could easily think of other chapters being a pain as well.

As for the glitch

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Go for the head shots!

illegal in 9 countries

According to the PS3T wisdom, what are the two best guns to use from here on out?
    Quote Originally Posted by web1017 View Post
    Go for the head shots!
    This.

I stuck with the bog-standard starter pistol for most of my Crushing playthrough. Hit'em in the head, they dead. Otherwise, just use whatever ammo is available at the time.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast