View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

0 0%
  • 2 - Easy

11 31.43%
  • 3 - Moderate

20 57.14%
  • 4 - Hard

3 8.57%
  • 5 - Very Hard

1 2.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Uncharted: Golden Abyss forum, part of the U; (banner image pending) This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

(banner image pending)

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Level 5 Esper

I have yet to plat this but I've obtained every trophy other than the last few bounties ~ I voted 3 cuz it really isn't too hard; Take it slow when playing on Crushing and use cover at all times ~ The hardest parts are the boss fights as the touch screen commands are iffy. My advice for that would be to basically memorize all the swipe directions and swipe while and before the arrow ends. Most trophies are just "grindy"

All in all, relatively short game with time consuming trophies
    >>>>> New Trophy Case <<<<<

Multiplayer/Old PSN

Currently Playing
    FFX-2 HD Remake (PS3) || Killzone Mercenary (PSV) || Hearthstone (PC)

My Guides

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
    Generator Rex: Agent of Providence

Retired TGT Member

3 - Moderate.

Really a 2.6 or 2.7. They did an excellent job of making Crushing as tough as Crushing has been in the first three installments of this series. A few chapters have some tricky spots, but I've put some tips in the guide that should really help others have an easier go of it.

Farming kills for SAS and GAU took a little while...like two hours. Again, bushpig and I'll add tips to the guide.

The bounty thing...that was a bitch. I don't know if I just got unlucky or what, but after 3 full playthroughs and like 12 hours of farming I was still 30 bounties short of the 141 you need for plat. The Black Market came to the rescue though. You just add PSN friends who are playing and you get bounties on "near" for free. I got like 20 bounties that way and it REALLY helped me get my plat. I made a boosting thread for it, so you all need to check it out.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The only difficulty in the Plat here for me was in grinding the bounties and the GAU kills. Crushing didn't seem too bad, I can only think of one spot I had issues with (hanging on a rope and 3 guys show up, one on left, one on right, one up top), and the mass treasures didn't bother me one bit (thankfully they're weren't any lodged in the ceilings this time around). I gave the game a 2.

PRO Member

Crushing was pretty tough but in my opinion that was down to the controls and me not being used to them, even after a full playthrough and a bit.
    The bounties were a grind but not too tough once i'd figured out the best places for them.
    It's more time consuming than other uncharted games in terms of single player but not any more difficult, just some sections controls can seem funny at times.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Gave it moderate. First Platinum on the Vita so no other Vita game to compare it with so far. More difficult than Uncharted 3 Platinum for sure. The difficult areas for me were the two boss fights on Crushing using the Swipe. The bounties were really painful to compete but the guide keep me on track - Thanks Guys

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Easy plat ! Even crushing mode is not too difficult.
    Easy yes but really time consuming !
    You have to farm a lot (kill with SAS12 and GAU for exemple), and of course the bounties is you do not have good friends to trade :-).

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Level 5, 9 (sorta), 11, 24 (not as much), 26, 31 and 34 are the really hard levels for me, the rest are moderately hard.
    The 10 in a row with one punch trophy is awkward, and the rest are really just tedious. Bounties w/o Near are REALLY tedious.

Now this is Podracing

Im giving it a 3. Mainly due to the bounties, and me not have near for a few weeks. Crushing I thought wasnt as difficult in this game as the others, once you were used to the controls.

www.powerpyx.com

I gave it a 3/5.

Hardest Uncharted so far... there are lots of hard sections on crushing difficulty, the game has tons of treasures and farming the bounties took like forever.

No Game No Life

Easy but the platinum takes longer to earn than the first 3 Uncharted games because of the grinding. Crushing is challenging but not it's not that bad. Only had trouble though on the chapter where Drake and Chase are running near the river. The bounty trophies are annoying.

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Lvl 6 - Silver

I voted moderate, crushing had it troubling times but the bounties were the biggest pain

Resident PHD

Voted Moderate. I actually found the game pretty easy and had a harder time playing on Hard than on Crushing

The hardest part was the bounties. I ended up having to grind them all myself because the black market never gave me a single trade. If Sony's plan was to encourage people to use NEAR it failed because that just never worked. But at least I had pretty good grinding spots

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Change is good

Moderate - So much grinding in this game is the only reason it isn't easy. I had more than 3 hours of just grinding one area. Crushing was a joke except for the bosses.

PRO Member

3 - Moderate

I wasn't sure how I was going to like this game being a TPS on a mobile gaming system. Frankly, it was great! It took me a bit to get the feel of the aiming and maneuvering with the tiny joysticks but, once I had it down the game was quite fun. I did my 2 playthroughs post-patch (1.03) and Crushing felt almost identical to Hard mode. There were a few iffy spots that were difficult but, overall not as bad as I expected. The collectibles were a slight pain but, if you have played previous titles then you know what to expect and switch your guns up regularly to get the kills you need with each. By the end of your 2 playthoughs, you should have the vast majority of the collectibles completed (yes, even the bounties thanks to the patch).

I still had a bit of grinding and Steel Fist Master which gave me some fits Overall, this was a great game... maybe the best Vita title out there.

PRO Member

2/5 EasyThis was definitely the easiest Uncharted platinum for me. Collectibles were easy. I only used a guide for 5 or 6. I must have gotten lucky with the bounties because once I finished all 3 playthroughs, I only had 3 left they weren't hard to grind. Crushing felt no harder than hard to me this time around. Really fun game though.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Moderate, and the most time consuming Uncharted platinum. I could plat the others in 1-2 days at the most, this would take a week of playing at the same rate.

Great plat though.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I gave it a three because I could get it so it doesn't require a lot of skill/quick reflexes.
    Collecting the black market trophies is a pain as was grinding for the GUA trophy. That took up a lot of time. Play through on crushing was ok for the most part, with only a few truly horrendous spots.

VitaUnlocked

I gave it a 3. The bounties were a pain,and the crushing boss battles were difficult. Also farming kills was a grind. But other than that a fun and easy plat.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I went with a 3 just because of the bounties, only time I could play is at work so I had no help from near.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast