Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

The Official Black Market Boosting Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Black Market Boosting Thread within the Uncharted: Golden Abyss forum, part of the U; Overview : Using the Black Market is not required for Platinum. You do not actually trade away your merchandise, the ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Black Market Boosting Thread

Overview:
    • Using the Black Market is not required for Platinum.
    • You do not actually trade away your merchandise, the game gives copies of it to your friends periodically.
    • The more people you boost with, the faster you will be done with this.
    • Check Near often and look for "Game Goods" for Uncharted: Golden Abyss. These will either be bounties for you, or Fetishes, which are something else and unrelated to trophies.

How it works:

Toggle Spoiler

What to do:

If you want to boost, add your PSN ID to this thread. When adding others as friends, it's better to include a message like "black market boosting" in your friend request. Load up the game and check near often. Every hour if possible.

Start NOW.

PSN ID: antoniosbandana
    Last edited by antoniosbandana; 02-25-2012 at 09:40 AM.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I never get the open Near to post updated trade offer screen, I can't seem to figure out how that works I only ever get Are you sure you want to quit to the Main Menu. I have all the Arcana cards and half of the Silver Coins, and I'd be more than happy to help if I could actually get it working.

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse611 View Post
    I never get the open Near to post updated trade offer screen, I can't seem to figure out how that works I only ever get Are you sure you want to quit to the Main Menu. I have all the Arcana cards and half of the Silver Coins, and I'd be more than happy to help if I could actually get it working.
    You have near set up and working? And it's sharing your username? You probably do, but I'm just checking.

If you go into the black market, get to the "Actively Seeking" screen, switch to a set, click on that set, then click on an item, then back all the way out and try to return to the game, do you still not get a "Open near to post updated offer" message?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Yeah, still not working. Here's what I've been doing: I open Black Market, it asks me to open Near to check for trades, I agree; I update the location data as Near asks me to, I switch back over to Black Market and it gives me the trade summary (all 0s), I switch categories to something I wasn't already on, I click on the set, click on an item I don't have, then back out to the actively seeking screen. Once I try to back out of that, all it gives me is the Quit to Main Menu message.

I set Near up earlier today, and I am sharing my username, so I'm at a loss to figure out why I can't update.

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse611 View Post
    Yeah, still not working. Here's what I've been doing: I open Black Market, it asks me to open Near to check for trades, I agree; I update the location data as Near asks me to, I switch back over to Black Market and it gives me the trade summary (all 0s), I switch categories to something I wasn't already on, I click on the set, click on an item I don't have, then back out to the actively seeking screen. Once I try to back out of that, all it gives me is the Quit to Main Menu message.

I set Near up earlier today, and I am sharing my username, so I'm at a loss to figure out why I can't update.
    Wow, that's lame. I don't know what to tell you. Maybe try a reboot? That's how we used to fix things back in the day

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    Wow, that's lame. I don't know what to tell you. Maybe try a reboot? That's how we used to fix things back in the day
    Well, my next move was either going to be that, or taking out the game and blowing on it to see if it works. And they wonder why people who grew up with an NES have asthma If it works, I'll let you know so I can trade with people who need.

Level 5 Esper

PSN: Frost425 ~ Boosting!!
    Last edited by Frost425; 03-02-2012 at 08:59 PM.
    >>>>> New Trophy Case <<<<<

Multiplayer/Old PSN

Currently Playing
    FFX-2 HD Remake (PS3) || Killzone Mercenary (PSV) || Hearthstone (PC)

My Guides

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
    Generator Rex: Agent of Providence

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Got the plat a while ago. Thanks for the help. I'd still help out, but I keep forgetting to post my gifts to you, so I'll pull my name off this list.
    Last edited by Press_enter; 03-12-2012 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Got Plat

Lvl 1 - Bronze

got my platinum thx everyone for the help
    Last edited by viet_jay; 03-06-2012 at 04:36 PM.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

So... does anyone know if you HAVE to be friends on PSN with someone to get bounties from them? near keeps telling me that about 70 people around me have PSVita's, and I'm assuming at least 10 of them would have Uncharted. Yet, for some reason, I never get anything on the Black Market from strangers. It almost seems as if near is only there to make trading possible, yet keep it very exclusive.

PRO Member

I have plat now but i am willing to help ppl just delete me after you are done
    Last edited by TENZA; 03-17-2012 at 12:14 AM.

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by Press_enter View Post
    So... does anyone know if you HAVE to be friends on PSN with someone to get bounties from them? near keeps telling me that about 70 people around me have PSVita's, and I'm assuming at least 10 of them would have Uncharted. Yet, for some reason, I never get anything on the Black Market from strangers. It almost seems as if near is only there to make trading possible, yet keep it very exclusive.
    I know i've only gotten trades from PSN friends, and there are a few people near me who aren't my friends. Since you've had the same experience, we might conclude that you're correct -- you can only trade with your PSN friends.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    I know i've only gotten trades from PSN friends, and there are a few people near me who aren't my friends. Since you've had the same experience, we might conclude that you're correct -- you can only trade with your PSN friends.
    *long exasperated sigh* I really think that Bend should have not been dumb like that. This process would be SO much faster if trades could occur between anyone.

Platmate Editor in Chief

DaveyHasselhoff

The Bushiest Pig

Add me for this as well: bushpig94
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Binkser - add me need this platinum!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

PSN-Dagrest84
    Looking for help with all bounty sets

Lvl 1 - Bronze

PSN - neilcamp

I've sent friend requests to folks on this thread. I hope that's what was intended. However, I'm having a fair amount of trouble with "near" so I'm not sure how well this will work for me.

Thanks for the thread.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

yall can add me psn: ooflow

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Got the platinum, no more boosting needed.
    Last edited by DKShadow; 03-05-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast