The Walking Dead: Newest Contender for Easiest Platinum of All Time

This is a discussion on The Walking Dead: Newest Contender for Easiest Platinum of All Time within the Walking Dead, The forum, part of the W; So it may be too early to make predictions, but it seems like The Walking Dead game on PSN maybe ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The Walking Dead: Newest Contender for Easiest Platinum of All Time

So it may be too early to make predictions, but it seems like The Walking Dead game on PSN maybe the easiest platinum of all time. I personally bought the game without even knowing there would be a platinum trophy, and without any care for the trophies, as I love the show and wanted a game experience which rivals the show in awesome-ness. It was a pleasant surprise to see a platinum AND a trophy list that looks extremely easy.

For those of you that haven't looked into the list, every single trophy is story related. You are guaranteed every single trophy in the game just for completing every single part of the 5 episode season. There are no difficulty trophies in this game, as there is no difficulty level. The first episode took me at most 4 hours to complete, but that was with me exploring everything fully, talking to everyone and really enjoying the first episode. So we can assume at max a 20 hour platinum.

This game may have the easiest platinum (so far), and I'd love to hear what you guys think about the matter. As for people who are on the shelf about buying this game or not, I'd highly recommend. Whether you're a fan of the show, a trophy whore, or simply a fan of zombies, this game is an amazing experience to say the least

Latest Platinum: Trine 2
    Currently Playing: Dead Rising 2: Off The Record (22%) Bioshock 2 (7%) Brutal Legend (6%) The Walking Dead (20%)
    Recent studies have shown, there is direct inverse correlation between the amount of trophies a gamer has, and the lack of sex he/she is getting-Some Guy

Banned

well, if it takes 20 hours.. then that's longer than some games people play (hannah, spare parts)... I bought it for my gf ... because she loves the show... and i was hooked after the first season... but the 2nd season for me took a dump when most of the episodes revolved around sarah and her kid getting shot... I don't find any single character likeable anymore, except, the redneck who I didn't like in the first place.... the writing went to shit on that show... ugh... now i'm started... the appeal to that show... despite zombies being so overdone and ridiculous... tried to bring it back to a more personal experience... then they turned it into a day time soap opera... I can't blame my old lady for liking it...

... so I vote no on easiest platinum but I'm sure my gf will come through for me since she did CSI & cloudy with meatballs ... lol...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by NeW_CLeaR_HoRRoR View Post
    well, if it takes 20 hours.. then that's longer than some games people play (hannah, spare parts)
    It won't be a very quick platinum, but actual difficulty wise, it surely is easy. Someone who doesn't have any clue of how to play video games could obtain this platinum, it's pretty much a guarantee as long as you finish the extremely easy storyline.

As for the points about the show, I'd have to agree. About midway through the second season it lost all suspense, and I was literally bored and just hoping it could redeem itself. And after just a single episode, it kickstarted my interest in the show again. Thanks for the post

Currently Playing: Dead Rising 2: Off The Record (22%) Bioshock 2 (7%) Brutal Legend (6%) The Walking Dead (20%)
    Recent studies have shown, there is direct inverse correlation between the amount of trophies a gamer has, and the lack of sex he/she is getting-Some Guy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Undead_Cannibal View Post
    It won't be a very quick platinum, but actual difficulty wise, it surely is easy. .... And after just a single episode, it kickstarted my interest in the show again.
    I haven't seen the end of this season yet... as I burn my tv shows in groups... so as not to pay for tv lol, I'm only as far as the two main dudes fighting over control in the middle of the street after the barn incident... so I hope I see what you mean about getting interested again...

... I saw someone post he rented hannah... put it on mute ... and had the platinum in 3 hours... personally, I wouldn't do a homo thing like that for a trophy... so that's my main reason for thinking this game can't be on that level...

... but I'll take your point ... it may take longer but it's simple simon... just pay the man... and the trophies are yours...

PRO Member

I have the bundle back, now I just have to wait for the other episodes...and judging by the trophies it does look extremely easy..

Side note- kirkman announced the game is not connected to the show, but is attached to the comic...takes place while Rick is the a coma..
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Eckes13 View Post
    I have the bundle back, now I just have to wait for the other episodes...and judging by the trophies it does look extremely easy..

Side note- kirkman announced the game is not connected to the show, but is attached to the comic...takes place while Rick is the a coma..
    I found it interesting to see a little bit of Glen's backstory before he joined the Atlanta group, anything that gives me more insight on the characters is good to me

Legend...Nuff Said

Well, if all you have to do is simply finish it, then a person could probably speed run it really fast. Who knows, maybe it could be less than 4 hours if all someone does is click yes for everything without caring, but just wanting to end it.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

PRO Member

It's was cool to see a lil of Glenn's backstory..but I'm excited to see what happens wit lee and clementine and how they fit in the story...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Well, if all you have to do is simply finish it, then a person could probably speed run it really fast. Who knows, maybe it could be less than 4 hours if all someone does is click yes for everything without caring, but just wanting to end it.
    Or if someone is using a game guide right off the bat.

Anyhow, this sounds as easy as Hanna Montana, but it might take a little longer to complete, so I wouldn't say it's the easiest plat ever.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Undead_Cannibal View Post
    So it may be too early to make predictions, but it seems like The Walking Dead game on PSN maybe the easiest platinum of all time. I personally bought the game without even knowing there would be a platinum trophy, and without any care for the trophies, as I love the show and wanted a game experience which rivals the show in awesome-ness. It was a pleasant surprise to see a platinum AND a trophy list that looks extremely easy.

For those of you that haven't looked into the list, every single trophy is story related. You are guaranteed every single trophy in the game just for completing every single part of the 5 episode season. There are no difficulty trophies in this game, as there is no difficulty level. The first episode took me at most 4 hours to complete, but that was with me exploring everything fully, talking to everyone and really enjoying the first episode. So we can assume at max a 20 hour platinum.

This game may have the easiest platinum (so far), and I'd love to hear what you guys think about the matter. As for people who are on the shelf about buying this game or not, I'd highly recommend. Whether you're a fan of the show, a trophy whore, or simply a fan of zombies, this game is an amazing experience to say the least
    I loved the story im not really fan of the show but this game was amazing i just got my 1st platinum hehehehhe at lvl 13 got my first platinum lol from sly cooper. anyways i recomend this game for the easy platinum my spelling sucks cause i dont redo typos no hate

Regional Manager of War

Trine 2 is stilll the easiest plat trophy of all time, after I beat the game it took me 1 hour to get all the trophies.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

seriously? so simple. all the trophies are story related. platinum is guaranteed. so my vote is yes