Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sony Shutting Down White Knight Chronicles Servers Goodnight, sweet prince. (IGN)

This is a discussion on Sony Shutting Down White Knight Chronicles Servers Goodnight, sweet prince. (IGN) within the White Knight Chronicles forum, part of the W; Today, Sony revealed that it will be shutting down the online servers for the PS3 RPG White Knight Chronicles, effective ...

PRO Member

Sony Shutting Down White Knight Chronicles Servers Goodnight, sweet prince. (IGN)

Today, Sony revealed that it will be shutting down the online servers for the PS3 RPG White Knight Chronicles, effective June 18, 2013. The message was posted on PlayStation’s American forums; it’s unclear if servers affixed to the game in other territories will also be shut down.
    White Knight Chronicles, created by famed developer Level-5, came exclusively to PlayStation 3 in 2008 (in Japan) and 2010 (in the rest of the world). It received a lukewarm reception critically, but it did garner a small, hardcore following and earned a sequel. White Knight Chronicles II launched on PlayStation 3 in 2010 (in Japan) and 2011 (in the rest of the world).
    The message board post makes no mention of servers being shut down for the sequel.
    White Knight Chronicles can be played entirely offline; however, it is designed with online in mind. The biggest snag for hardcore PS3 gamers, however, is that the Platinum Trophy will be essentially beyond reach once the servers go down. Go-to PlayStation Trophy site **************** notes that it takes anywhere from 500 to 1,000 hours to Platinum the game, and “while you’re technically able to earn trophies offline, most are near-impossible to obtain alone.”
    In other words, you better get going now if you want to play the game with friends and, moreover, get that elusive Platinum.
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

PRO Member

WKC 2 will been shut off as well. I honestly dont know if anyone could platinum WKC2 sololy. I believe it would be impossible if going legit. The story was great but the game was meant to play online. Sad to see it go. I enjoyed online play almost as much as final fanatsy 11. Hopefully its a sign final fanatsy 14 is coming out or some other free mmorpg game for ps3 like white knight chronicles.

PRO Member

I am have wkc II, and was at the last boss...and then my ps3 crashed...so the only save data I found brought me back all the way to the first game and I've just been pissed off and side tracked...may have to let go of this plat...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 8 - Gold

I played a bit of the first one...should REALLY try it out again as it looks like a pretty cool game...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

They Should really let there be a way to get these trophies after the sever close down.
    "Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted"
    "Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito"

Remember You Soon

Dammit!!! Now, my time will be spent on that instead of what I was playing!!!

PRO Member

If they patched wkc1 to play like wkc2 with your npcs and increased items drops and guilder I would go back to it inculding dlc quest. Or even revert a wkc2 to wkc1 to finish up the binding or guilder that I have left to do in wkc1. I believe it would take me 2-4 solid months to get the last 3 maybe 4 trophies left for wkc1 with a group of people. Wkc 1 would be the game I regret not getting the platinum.

PRO Member

I bought it recently but haven't playe dit on my main acct. Now I am wondering If I should play it or not because I was just going to do a little at a time in stead of jut diving into it full on.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Random Access Memories

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon-Guardian View Post
    They Should really let there be a way to get these trophies after the sever close down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timo Marrinsbane View Post
    If they patched wkc1 to play like wkc2 with your npcs and increased items drops and guilder I would go back to it inculding dlc quest. Or even revert a wkc2 to wkc1 to finish up the binding or guilder that I have left to do in wkc1. I believe it would take me 2-4 solid months to get the last 3 maybe 4 trophies left for wkc1 with a group of people. Wkc 1 would be the game I regret not getting the platinum.
    This shit right here. I'm sick and tired of these games with online requirements shutting their shit down. Good ass way to never ever get me to purchase your shit especially if that's the main part of the game, trophies aside of course.

Back before the PS3 and Xbox, we didn't have this shit. What about patches and such when the PS4 releases? Where will the support be? They are continuously making playing your old games that you bought obsolete. I hate this so much.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

A plat a month!

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    This shit right here. I'm sick and tired of these games with online requirements shutting their shit down. Good ass way to never ever get me to purchase your shit especially if that's the main part of the game, trophies aside of course.

Back before the PS3 and Xbox, we didn't have this shit. What about patches and such when the PS4 releases? Where will the support be? They are continuously making playing your old games that you bought obsolete. I hate this so much.
    I agree with you. You also bring up a good point too, the PS4. Maybe Level 5/Sony is doing this because of the PS4. Maybe they are figuring that there will be a drop in players in an already small community with the PS4 coming out later this year.

The only sane person here

Well that's a shame to the people still trying to get the plat on those games, wish them the best of luck to obtain it before it's closure

Six Weeks Off Work

Oh shit I have WKC 1+2 So now I will have to play these before June but at least the platinums will still be earnable without going online with hard work.

I hate how this happens and is why I don't think games should have any MP required trophies.

GDT RIP Biggest
    Competition of 2013
    Will be drawn very soon

GDT RIP Competitions
    On holidays and will resume on February 1st 2014

Now Playing
    Final Fantasy XIV:
    A Realm Reborn

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    Oh shit I have WKC 1+2 So now I will have to play these before June but at least the platinums will still be earnable without going online with hard work.

I hate how this happens and is why I don't think games should have any MP required trophies.
    I have the plat for the first game and harvesting mats is a big pain. Make sure you get the ones you want before the servers close down as some will be near impossible to obtain without help.

The sequel makes it easier to get mats by letting your party join on quests but it will still be hard as alot of dlc quests make it easier to obtain the required mats.

I still need the plat for the second one and I couldnt really get into it. Maybe I can do it 2 and half months. I got plenty of mats and GR22 almost 23. The only problem will be the final boss quest. People have soloed that quest but I dont have the patience to do so lol.

Sig by JakeSS14

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Sad to see this game shutdown. I had so much fun playing this game and the countless hours I put into this game to get the plat. The Best RPG of all time.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Remember You Soon

Quote Originally Posted by sebwoolcock View Post
    Just signed it!! Hopefully, more will do the same!!!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

It's sad and unfortunate to see this happening. WKC was and still is a great game to me and I will play it even if the servers go down. I wonder why a game was made with tasks that require online help for most of the trophies to just up and shut down servers. What about the ones who are just purchasing the game and want a go at it. Sure the online help wasn't.....spectacular at times but it was there. This game is already a challenge to platinum now with this issue it may turn many away. What a strange, shocking and distasteful decision they are making.
    Currently Playing:
    Star Ocean: The Last Hope

~ Sig by Nevetsteven2 ~

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'm thinking about getting WKC I & II since a while but to be honest I don't care very much about online play. The only trophies that appear difficult to obtain are the quest ranking related ones. All others just look like a lot of grinding. Is my impression correct? Can anybody confirm that it's possible to get the quest ranking trophies entirely offline?

Remember You Soon

Quote Originally Posted by i667090375202107 View Post
    I'm thinking about getting WKC I & II since a while but to be honest I don't care very much about online play. The only trophies that appear difficult to obtain are the quest ranking related ones. All others just look like a lot of grinding. Is my impression correct? Can anybody confirm that it's possible to get the quest ranking trophies entirely offline?
    You "can", but it'll me more difficult going solo instead of having a partner.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by i667090375202107 View Post
    You can do it solo but your looking at probably over a 1000 for each game. WKC is a lot easier to do solo seeing you can take your characters with you. Watch some videos on youtube for Short Sword and Spear classes as that's really the only way you can solo in WKC. For WKC 2 Bow and Magic Classes are the best. Getting all the materials is will most likely be harder the S ranks seeing you will have to get multiples of mats that have a less then 1% drop rate. But good luck to you if you decided to have a go at it. I but almost 900 hours into the first one, the second I didn't really care for.

Sig by JakeSS14

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast