Looking for Guide Co-Author

This is a discussion on Looking for Guide Co-Author within the XCOM: Enemy Unknown forum, part of the X; Hi guys! Ca. 20 years ago I earned some good money writing a several page tactics guide for a cool ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Looking for Guide Co-Author

Hi guys!

Ca. 20 years ago I earned some good money writing a several page tactics guide for a cool new game that appeared way under the radar back then, called UFO: Enemy Unknown.

With Firaxis' update coming out this Fall, I am planning to do the same thing, but the 2-weeks frame is a bit daunting. So if you'd like to share the burden of writing a quality guide, please pm me. The ability to produce screen shots or even videos is definitely a bonus.

Harvester of Souls

Seen a bit on the game . Dont' know much, or release date or what will be coming out nearby. But if it interests me enough by then and can inform me somewhat, I may be obliged to help you my friend.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Crocodile Hunter

I could co-op with you again if you dnt find any1 else man, altho this time you can be the main guy and ill send stuff to you

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well, the release date is out now (Oct 9th, Oct 12th for Europe). Despite the apparent lack of interest here, I am going to call it . Before anybody beats me to it.

Yes, Acedude, I'd be happy to have you in on this.

Neroradec - any guides to your credit apart from Dark Souls? What did you do for that one? Still interested in this one?

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by AstaSyneri View Post
    Well, the release date is out now (Oct 9th, Oct 12th for Europe). Despite the apparent lack of interest here, I am going to call it . Before anybody beats me to it.

Neroradec - any guides to your credit apart from Dark Souls? What did you do for that one? Still interested in this one?
    you can only call a game less then a month before it comes out

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

KCCO!

You can only have one co-author, so if you go with Ac3, Nero's guide credentials are irrelevant. But needless to say, Nero's a great guide writer with quite a few guides to his name.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Good to hear. I did join up with Acedude before, but I am absolutely open to a new team-up. Of course it's still a few months, but I have been waiting for a decent turn-based tactics games for what feels like ages now (don't like the Japanese style that much, I found out).

And yes, learned about the 1 month, too, after posting (oops). Thought I remembered it was 3 months, I guess the excitement carried me away a bit (something that doesn't happen a lot anymore ;-)).

KCCO!

Good to hear. I did join up with Acedude before, but I am absolutely open to a new team-up. Of course it's still a few months, but I have been waiting for a decent turn-based tactics games for what feels like ages now (don't like the Japanese style that much, I found out).

And yes, learned about the 1 month, too, after posting (oops). Thought I remembered it was 3 months, I guess the excitement carried me away a bit (something that doesn't happen a lot anymore ;-)).
    Major releases can be called 3 months in advance; non-majors can be called 1 month in advance.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Then I was right after all. I'd be surprised if XCOM wasn't considered a major release.

KCCO!

Then I was right after all. I'd be surprised if XCOM wasn't considered a major release.
    You'd have to ask a TGT member to get a definitive answer.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Will do that.

NSFW

Hey, I'm kinda interested in the game too. I haven't played it, but I will definitely get it. I've written 7 other guys (in progress with my 8th), so I have experience. I do not make videos though. But I'm here too if you want, because I will get the game on launch anyway.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Crocodile Hunter

As i said before asta im happy to co-op with you if you like, its your choice tho i will not be offended if you choose nero or any1 else

I bought a HD PVR top of the range thing so i can do videos if needed, assuming im not to lazy to open the box

Sig by Apokolypz

The Bushiest Pig

As far as I know, this isn't a major at the moment. Also, it got delayed until April 2013 to March 2014 so you'll be waiting a while.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    As far as I know, this isn't a major at the moment. Also, it got delayed until April 2013 to March 2014 so you'll be waiting a while.
    Are you perchance thinking 2K Marin's XCOM FPS? That isn't what I am after - it's XCOM - Enemy Unknown by Firaxis, released in October this year. But yes, the wait is still way too long ;-).