- 31st January 2012 at 08:56PM
- 26 Comments
Today's store update wraps up the month of January and with it we get tons of great content. First up is a new PSN game title Puddle by Konami. Next there is a treat for Twisted Metal fans, the demo for the next game hits the store today as well. Lastly PS+ subscribers will need to hurry up and grab the free offered games from the PS store before it gets replaced with February's new content. It is your last chance to grab the classical Syphon Filter trilogy as they are up for free on the PS Store for PS+ subscribers and then don't forget to grab Swords & Soldiers and Back to the Future The Game: Full Series from under PSN games free for PS+ subscribers as well.
- Madden NFL 12
- Squirrel Avatar
- Tank Commander Avatar
- Abstract Art Dynamic Theme
- Puddle ($9.99)
- Madden NFL 12 ($29.99)
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days ($19.99)
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men ($14.99)
Mini Ninjas ($19.99)
- Twisted Metal Multiplayer Demo
- LittleBigPlanet Groundhog Day Costume (Free)
- Assorted PlayStation Home Packs x 15 ($2.99 – $4.99)
- Dead Island – Ryder White ($9.99)
- Need For Speed: The Run – Italian Pack ($6.99)
- The King Of Fighters XIII Unlock Icons ($2.99)
- Soulcalibur V Customization Equipment 1 ($1.99)
- Soulcalibur V Downloadable Music 1 -10 ($0.99 each)
- Soulcalibur V Downloadable Music Pack 1 ($2.99)
- Soulcalibur V Downloadable Music Pack 2 ($2.99)
- Scene It? Movie Night Sci-Fi Movies DLC ($9.99)
- Rock Band 3
- “Fat Lip” – Sum 41 ($1.99)
- “Head Over Heels” – Tears for Fears ($1.99)
- “Still Waiting” – Sum 41 ($1.99)
- Rock Band Network v2.0
- “Africa” – Quartered ($1.99)
- “Against the Wall” – Ill Niño ($1.99)
- “El Monstro” – Dance for the Dying ($0.99)
- “Hysteria” – Aiden ($1.99)
- “Turn Around” – Bumblefoot ($0.99)
- Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom (Sale) (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
- The Darkness II Avatars (x15) ($0.49 each)
- The Darkness II Avatar Bundles (x3) ($1.49 each)
- The King Of Fighters XIII Avatars (x9) ($0.49 each)
- Atelier Totori Avatars (x9) ($0.49 each)
- Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken Avatar Bundle 1 ($2.99)
- Assassin’s Creed Universe Avatars (x5) ($0.49 each)
- Assassin’s Creed: Revelations Avatars (x9) ($0.49 each)
- Jak and Daxter Collection Dark Jak Avatar 2 ($0.49)
- Jak and Daxter Collection Jak and Daxter Avatar 3 ($0.49)
- PixelJunk Shooter (x6) ($0.49 each)
- Jak and Daxter Collection Jak and Daxter Avatar 2 ($0.49)
- Jak and Daxter Collection Dark Jak Avatar ($0.49)
- Jak and Daxter Collection Jak and Daxter Avatar ($0.49)
- Carnival Island Avatar Bundle 1 ($1.49)
- PlayStation B-boy Avatar (x3) ($0.49 each)
- Pulse 1/31 Edition
- Reality Fighters Features Trailer
- Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer
- The House Of The Dead III Announcement Trailer
- UFC Undisputed 3 – Roster Video
- The Darkness Ii: Official Theme (free)
- Atlanta Hawks 2012 Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
- Charlotte Bobcats 2012 Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
- Cleveland Cavaliers 2012 Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
- Denver Nuggets 2012 Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
- Detroit Pistons 2012 Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
- Golden State Warriors 2012 Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
- Houston Rockets 2012 Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
- Indiana Pacers 2012 Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
- LA Clippers 2012 Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
- Memphis Grizzlies 2012 Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
- Milwaukee Bucks 2012 Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2012 Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
- New Jersey Nets 2012 Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
- New Orleans Hornets 2012 Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
- Philadelphia 76ers 2012 Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
- Portland Trailblazers 2012 Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
- Sacramento Kings 2012 Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
- Toronto Raptors 2012 Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
- Utah Jazz 2012 Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
- Washington Wizards 2012 Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
- Digital Blasphemy: Hidden Forces ($2.99)
- Dynamic Temple Temptress ($2.99)
- Wendy Premium Theme 5 ($2.99)
- Vampire 5 Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
- Dragon 3 Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
- Technicolour Yawn by Tom Sewell Static Theme ($1.99)
- Naruto Shippuden: UN Impact ($39.99)
- Pulse 1/31 Edition
- Redbox PSP Theme ($1.99)
- Death Dealer PSP theme ($1.99)
- Dragon 4 PSP theme ($1.99)
- Dragon 5 PSP theme ($1.99)
Source: US Blog
- 31st January 2012 at 08:47AM
- 21 Comments
In The Darkness II, Jackie Estacado is now the Don of the mafia family. He hasn't used his Darkness powers for two years, then he is suddenly attacked by a group unknown to him simply called, The Brotherhood. Seems Jackie is in need of his demonic friends once again. This game is due to be released 7th February 2012 North America and 10th February in Europe.
Conquered the Darkness
Unlock all trophies
Survive the hit
I'm Just Getting Started
Find and interrogate Swifty
Escape the Brotherhood
Survive the interrogation
Storm the Mansion
Take back your mansion
One Flew Over...
Return to reality...?
Avenge your Aunt Sarah
Allies in Strange Places
Escape the asylum with help from the inside
Back in the Saddle
Rescue Jackie from the Iron Maiden
Step into Hell...
Free the Mind
Finish the game on any difficulty
Don of Darkness
Finish the game on Don difficulty
At Home in the Dark
Finish all chapters in New Game+ on any difficulty
One Man Army
Kill 25 enemies while being dragged from the restaurant, without dying or restarting checkpoint
Refuse to cooperate with Victor in the Interrogation
The Bird is the Word
Avoid being run over in the parking garage
Earn a score of over 1000 in each of the carnival games
Kill 15 enemies while playing as the Darkling
Kill 50 enemies with Executions while playing as Jackie
The Swarm King
Kill 50 enemies who are swarmed while playing as Jackie
The Old Gibber
Kill 100 enemies with Gun Channeling while playing as Jackie
Suck it Up
Kill 50 enemies with Black Hole while playing as Jackie
Cut and Run
Kill 50 enemies with the Demon Arm Slash attack
Ready for the Big Leagues
Kill 50 enemies with thrown objects
Kill 100 enemies while dual wielding 2 different guns as Jackie
That's Why I'm the Boss
Impress Dolfo in two different ways
Karma's a Bitch
Kill a shielded enemy with his own shield
2 guys 1 Pole
Kill 2 enemies with one javelin
Kill enemies in 5 different ways within 30 seconds
Throw an enemy into the air and kill him with gunfire before he lands
Jackie's Got Talent
Purchase a Talent in the single player campaign
This Kid's Got Potential
Max out 1 of Jackie's Talent Trees
Max out 3 of Jackie's Talent Trees
Max out all of Jackie's Talent Trees
Pick up 5 Relics in the single player campaign
Find all 29 Relics in the single player campaign
Real guys know how to dance
Burned His Mansion
Kill Luigi Palladino
Kill Cedro Valdez
Kill Frank Marshall
Bonnie & Clyde wannabes
Kill Jean-Luc Lambert and Amelie Dubois
Kill the NewsWatch 6 team of Tom Dawson, Bud Langley and Sara Stephens
Should Have Called 555-2368...
Survive the battle against the Hell Beast
The Brotherhood Crumbles
Complete Vendettas Campaign
Complete a mission as Inugami
Hell Hath No Fury...
Complete a mission as Shoshanna
It's 12pm Somewhere!
Complete a mission as Jimmy
Voodoo is More Than Dolls
Complete a mission as JP
Embraced the Darkness
In Vendettas, acquire all the talents for one character
You've Made My Hit List
Complete 6 Hit List exclusive missions
- 31st January 2012 at 04:56AM
- 29 Comments
Now we all know that EA have been adding Online Passes to their games (since June 2010), these were put in place so the publishers would still make some money from people buying pre-owned games, that is if the customer wanted, by locking out some online multiplayer and single-player content until the pass was purchased. But it would seem that EA are doing the pass a little different for SSX...
An EA spokesperson had this to say to Gameinformer;
SSX is due for release on the 28th of February, 2012 in NA and the 2nd of March in EU.
If you'd like to check out a trailer for the game and read up on some information check out this thread, you can also visit the games sub-forum and take a look at the threads posted by various users here.
- 30th January 2012 at 07:19PM
- 15 Comments
Snipers is an online only multiplayer first-person shooter, developed by Hydravision and Published by BigBen Interactive. The game is set in the year 2024, where twelve snipers face a fight to death in a large urban area devastated by war. Snipers supports up to 12 players competing across 10 different maps and six gaming modes, also, the PS3 version has it's own exclusive sniper rifle which is compatible with the PS Move. The game is due to be released in February, 2012.
Badges of destiny
Gain all the trophies.
Who dares challenge me?
Succeed at all the challenges from level 3.
No one in sight…
Win a match on each map for each game mode.
Purchase all equipment.
Reach the highest rank (Commander)
Purchase all weapons.
Never two without three
Succeed a Level III challenge
Succeed all Level I challenges.
Win a game in each game mode.
On familiar ground
Win a game on each map.
Purchase all Scope equipment.
Purchase all Projectiles equipment.
A product that'll blow you away
Purchase all Booby traps equipment.
Able to work
Purchase all Abilities equipment.
Earning your stripes
Be promoted to Lieutenant I.
Keener than thou, stay away...
Stab an enemy in the back.
Out of it
Finish off an enemy who has been stunned by a stun grenade.
You've lost your head!
Kill an enemy with a headshot.
Stab an enemy to death.
What a blast!
Kill an enemy with an explosive.
Return to sender
Kill an enemy by sending his own grenade back to him.
Kill an enemy and yourself with a grenade.
Kill an enemy through a wall.
Mine sweeping underway
Destroy an enemy explosive.
Kill an enemy with a silencer.
Kill multiple enemies with an explosive.
Catch me if you can...
Kill an enemy caught up in his grappling gear.
Win a Free For All game.
A sense of sharing
Win a Team Deathmatch.
Win a Last Team Standing game.
Win a Capture the Flag game.
Win a Contract match.
On the radar
First use of a Drone.
Finish the tutorial.
First equipment purchase.
Be promoted to Sergeant.
Arms in the air
First weapons purchase.
- 30th January 2012 at 02:20PM
- 3 Comments
Super StarDust Delta allows players to access an arsenal of weapons with the PS Vita touch control screen, including freezing time, unleashing missiles, creating black holes, and crush attacks. Players can also tilt the screen to view beyond the horizon and shake the PS Vita to create a devastating Shockwave attack. The game is due to released fo the PS Vita on 22nd February 2012.
Hero of the Galaxy
Arcade – Complete all planets
Hero of Alena
Arcade, Planets – Complete planet Alena
Hero of Sekora
Arcade, Planets – Complete planet Sekora
Hero of Mahler
Arcade, Planets – Complete planet Mahler
Hero of Werth
Arcade, Planets – Complete planet Werth
Hero of Yuriko
Arcade, Planets – Complete planet Yuriko
Arcade – Get 10 special weapons
Arcade, Planets – Collect 15 tokens with a single boost
Arcade, Planets – Get 20x multiplier
Arcade, Planets – Collect 5 shield tokens while already having a shield
Crush – Complete mode
Disc Slide – Get 10x multiplier
Orbit Bomber – Get 1000000 points
Rock & Roll – Get 50x multiplier
Trucker – Destroy 30 green cores
- 30th January 2012 at 01:31PM
- 3 Comments
F1 2011 contains all the official teams, drivers and circuits from the home console and PC version. You can play a full season, including practice and qualifying sessions, enter a Grand Prix or try Time Trial mode. There's multiplayer, too. Grand Prix races are for up to four players. You can go head to head in Time Trials, and there's a two-on-two co-op career mode. The multiplayer modes can be played online and via the Vita's WLAN connection. This game releases with the PS Vita on February 22nd, 2012.
Congratulations on completing F1 2011
Made The Cut
Reach Q3 in qualifying
Acheive your first time trial medal
Drive faster than 230MPH (370KM/H)
Complete a challenge with a C rank or above
Toe To Toe
Win a head to head challenge
Tuned To Perfection
Take pole position in qualifying with a tuned vehicle
Win a race in the wet
Finish a race using only manual gears
Acheive the fastest lap in a Grand Prix
Finish a race with all driving aids turned off
Grand Prix Win
Win your first Grand Prix
Acheive pole position
Lap every car in a race in wet conditions
Complete a 100% distance race
Grade A Performance
Earn an A rank in challenge mode
Learning To Fly
Post a flying lap to win a time trial medal with all driving aids disabled
Win a race with all driving aids disabled
Repair damage to your car in the pits and go on to win the race
Win the Monte Carlo Grand Prix with vehicle damage enabled
Complete a lap of monza with an average speed greater than 150MPH (241 KM/H)
The Greatest Of All Time
Win eight world championships
Win every Grand Prix
Leader Of The Pack
Acheive pole on every circuit
Go The Distance
Drive 1000 miles (1610KM)
Beat the real world lap record on any circuit
Timed To Perfection
Acehive all gold time trial trophies
Win a race starting from 24th on the grid
Earn 14 pole positions in a single season
Earn 149 championship points in a single season
Beat Sebastian vettel in the challenge mode head to head race
- 30th January 2012 at 12:36PM
- 17 Comments
The PlayStation Network will be down from Thursday, February 2nd until Friday, February 3rd, as Sony's online network has scheduled maintenance. The downtime will begin at 2pm on Thursday will last until 8am on Friday making unavailable for users to sign in and making PS Home inaccessible.
During the maintenance period, the following services will be affected:
- PS Store (PC and Console)
- Customer Account Management
If you are signed in before maintenance begins you should remain signed into your online session, but the above services will remain unavailable.
Source: EU PSN.
- 30th January 2012 at 09:43AM
- 12 Comments
WWE 12 gamers can now get the "Legends DLC Pack" this month which includes wrestlers such as Macho Man Randy Savage, Mick Foley, Masked Kane, Batista and Brodus Clay. Brodus Clay and Masked Kane are the only wrestlers part of the DLC pack who you can download for free. The DLC Pack is due to be released 31st January 2012 in North America and 1st February in Europe.
The game will also be releasing a patch on 30th January 2012 to fix several issues before the release of this patch as detailed below:
WWE ’12 Patch List Notes
- Fixed an issue where the ring texture would flash black or different colors
- Addressed multiple Finisher system bugs in which players were awarded too many or too few Finishers
- Fixed an issue where the Defender would freeze if the Right Stick was pressed in any direction while being Irish Whipped
- Fixed an issue where two Superstars in a pin sequence swapped positions when an interfering Superstar woke the referee as he/she was standing
- Fixed an issue where Superstars would freeze if certain running corner attacks were performed in the Royal Rumble
- Both attacks in the Running Strikes and Running Grapples categories should now trigger consistently
- Fixed several situations where a created Superstar’s move set was being improperly reset to default settings
- Fixed several instances where players could Irish Whip their opponents through the Cell and/or Barricade
- Fixed an issue that caused Superstars to freeze when a Finisher was performed
- Sound is now working correctly after restarting a Brawl
- Tuned pin escape mini-game in Elimination Chamber matches. Players can now escape after being hit with a Finisher.
- Fixed a problem where tables were not properly re-spawning in Tables matches (PS3 only)
- Fixed cameras for environmental weapons attacks
- Various gameplay bug fixes
- Brands can now consist entirely of created Superstars. However, match card creation still requires players to use Superstars with at least one of each crowd reaction setting (‘boo’ and ‘cheer’) to properly book matches.
- The Draft option now functions properly
- Lowered the frequency of injuries in Universe Mode
- Addressed issue where Royal Rumble and Money in the Bank winners were not getting their title shots at WrestleMania and/or the option to cash in Money in the Bank
- Fixed various crashes to help improve overall stability of Universe Mode
- Various Universe Mode bug fixes
- Made numerous improvements to help improve stability and reliability of Community Creations.
- General stability improvements in Royal Rumble matches
- Fixed an issue where the DLC versions of Edge and Christian’s entrance animations were replaced by Alberto Del Rio’s animations if edits were made to their music and/or mini-tron
- Players can now edit a created Superstar’s move set after viewing the model in Community Creations
- Resolved several issues with Divas entrances
- Props can now be disabled during entrances
- Fixed several issues with Custom Soundtracks
- General stability improvements in Story Designer Mode
- 28th January 2012 at 04:30PM
- 43 Comments
The game developer 2K have listed a job listing on 2K's Czech's website for a game designer to "create designs for game systems and mechanics for the open world city environment." This may indicate Mafia III is on it's way possibly as 2K are the makers of the classic Mafia II.
The job listing also requires the person to have taken part in a triple-A game title with a Metacritic rating of at least 80.
Mafia III is just a rumour and no official comment has been made by 2K, if Mafia III is on it's way or not. If it's not then 2K are planning something big.
Heres the official job listing - 2K Job Listing
Mafia II is a classic game set in the 40-50's where you get to drive cars and shoot gangsters. You play as Vito, the son of a poor immigrant who is trying to escape poverty and attempts to gain power and wealth in the life of organised crime.
- 26th January 2012 at 11:03PM
- 45 Comments
Capcom announced that both Mega Man and Pac-Man will be joining the playable characters on the Street Fighter X Tekken crossover. Both character will be joining Cole MacGrath from Sony's inFAMOUS series as all three characters are exclusive to only the PS3 and the PS Vita editions of the game. Mega Man will be back in his form from Mega Man 1 and slightly different as well. Pac-Man will look like the usual whiile riding a Mokujin at the same time. Street Fighter X Tekken will release on March 6, 2012 in North America and March 9, 2012 in Europe on the PS3 and for the PS Vita.
Here's the trailer!
Credit to the HOFF for the news tip