- 12th July 2014 at 10:35PM
- 1 Comment
Developer DICE has announced Battlefest, a month-long Battlefield 4 event to "give back" to the fans, with prizes, community missions and more!
Every day during Battlefest (July 12 – Aug 12), fans will be able to submit their own screenshots from Battlefield 4 for a chance to win a Battleshot prize package including an AMD graphics card, a $50 gift code to the DICE online store, and a code to redeem Battlefield 4 Premium membership on your platform of choice.
To enter, just reply on the Battlefield blog announcement in the comments (do not reply on this Battlelog article as your entry will not be accepted; reply here) with a link to your screenshot image. Remember, your image must follow the theme of the day. Entries are only valid if they are submitted during eligible hours (8:00 AM PT to 11:59 PM PT each day – for local time zones, check here). Please read through all official contest rules here to make sure your Battleshot is eligible.
- 12th July 2014 at 09:35PM
- 14 Comments
Sony has stated that it's looking at a similar system of Steam for the Playstation 4. Steam's early access on PC allows players to purchase and try games that are still in active development. This allows the developers to bring in revenue that helps fund the final development of the game, while using its player-base for feedback and bug reports.
- 12th July 2014 at 09:13PM
- 20 Comments
NetherRealm Studios revealed during EVO 2014 that old favourite Raiden will be joining the Mortal Kombat X character roster. See Raiden and his electric fatality.
- 11th July 2014 at 04:24PM
- 33 Comments
Hi everyone! We’ve got a serious Flash Sale for you over the next couple days, with more than 20 games available for just $0.99 each. The Flash Sale starts right now, so head over to PlayStation Store and snap up some awesome games to play this summer. Here’s the full lineup:
Source: US PSblog
- 11th July 2014 at 03:27PM
- 1 Comment
Deadfall Adventures released last year on PC and X360. While the game's visuals were praised, the level design and acting were somewhat lacking. Developer Farm 51 hopes to improve these aspects when they bring it over to PS3.
- 10th July 2014 at 05:10PM
- 6 Comments
Bungie just made the platform selection for the beta of Destiny available on the official portal. And the sweetest thing is that each code will grant you not one, but three download keys to fill a full fireteam with your friends.
Note: This is only for those who pre-ordered the game
All you have to do is to access your account, go on to the “redeemed codes” page and select your platform and region (the region is can be selected only for PlayStation platforms, as Xbox One codes are global).
The system will then ask you for confirmation, and you better be sure when you click on “yes,” because your choice cannot be undone.
Whichever your choice, you won’t get your codes immediately. Those will appear on the same page on the day of the beginning of the beta: July 17th for PlayStation Platforms and July 23rd for Xbox consoles.
Update: According to Bungie, the selection for PS4 beta codes for the European region will become available “before the Destiny Beta begins on 7/17.” At the moment that particular combination can’t be selected, so if you’re European and want to play on PS4, you will have to wait a bit longer.
- 10th July 2014 at 04:54PM
- 2 Comments
BioWare has released a sixteen-minute commentary gameplay walkthrough of Dragon Age: Inquisition. The video comes from the E3 demo that was previewed in chunks at Electronic Arts and Microsoft's press conferences.
Dragon Age: Inquisition is set for release on October 7 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC.
Source: Playstation Universe
- 10th July 2014 at 04:08PM
- 29 Comments
The Uncharted series has received worldwide critical acclaim from reviewers and gamers and has sold 18 million worldwide. Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios (SCE WWS) chief Shuhei Yoshida has indicated that the Uncharted franchise could be next in line for a PlayStation 4 makeover.
During an interview with Eurogamer, Yoshida described Nathan Drake’s PlayStation 3 action-adventure trilogy as a “good candidate” for a next-generation remaster.
"There are requests from some consumers for games that were released later in the generation, like Uncharted, which people might have missed," he added. "That would be a good candidate."
Source: Playstation Universe
- 10th July 2014 at 02:53PM
- 10 Comments
Destiny is shaping up to be one of the biggest (if not the biggest) releases of 2014. To sweeten the deal for those planning to adopt a next-gen console, Sony announced a deal with Bungie that would bring a glossy white PS4 to market with a copy of Destiny.
- 10th July 2014 at 12:18AM
- 2 Comments
Rogue Legacy is an indie platform game with roguelike elements by Cellar Door Games. It will be making it's console debut on PS4, PS3, and the Vita at the end of the month.
- Cross Buy! — Do you want the awesome portable-ness of Vita? Or do you want the epic big screen experience of PS4/PS3? Don’t worry, you won’t have to make that choice because we’ll just give it all to you!
- Cross Save! — Going out? Play on the Vita, and when you get home, your save will be brought over to your PS4/PS3 via cloud magic!
- 101% Content! — Every single feature in the PC version, including all of the content patches, has been faithfully brought over to the Playstation versions. So you get all the extra Bonus zones, traits, and boss remixes jam packed into those sweet little bytes, along with just a little bit more. But only just a little.
- Multi-lingual! — Rogue Legacy’s been translated into a whole BUNCH of languages for you guys. We’ve got English, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Polish, Russian, and Spanish.
- PS Vita Control Scheme Bliss! — When we originally made Rogue Legacy, we made it with the PS Vita buttons in mind. No joke. We gambled that if it did well, we wouldn’t want the Vita version being nerfed in the control department, so we made sure to not use too many buttons. That crazy gamble we made over a year ago paid off, and that means the Vita version plays perfectly! Happiness!
- Platinum Trophy! — Aw yiss! Platinum awesome-ness!
Source: Playstation Blog